Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Oct 8, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #15,452 of 36,135
Since it's already exposed the driver for the savant, just let others to decide what they are looking for. I can tell that even IF the savant has 4 or 6 drivers ppl will still judge it for the price if the sound not at par to the price point. Listen and enjoy to the sound of the music and not calculating the music... Cheers...

Oct 8, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #15,453 of 36,135

I refrained from mentioning any specific competitor's products, (1)out of respect for for John and a rather, to put it curtly, flippant interpretation and application of the rules with regards to banns and post deletions which seems particularly prevalent here. But since it appears that it seems necessary to further the discussion, another member here seems to have mentioned some of the lineups that I had in mind at the earnest behest of the community. I would also have liked to mention the Roxanne, with specific reference to the JH tuning version, and the bass set to slightly less then a 1 o'clock position to keep to the spirit of the K10, and savant's signature spirit. I would have liked to comment on the UE18 as well, but till date all i have heard is only the demo unit, and hence I do not find myself qualified to make a comparative evaluation between those two units. 

As to the implicit ad hominen remark, no issues. The inability to pick out sonic differences between cables, burnt in or not, while a contentious point, does explain something when the savant, and K10 for that matter, (2)is described as being the epitome of sonic resolution. 

As for the question on if I have ever put a Savant to my ears? I apologise for disappointing some here who hope to cast further doubt on my integrity, but I have, with more than one unit. People do tend to pop by the shops while I am auditioning other gears/chilling with my friends who own Savants, and those present good opportunities to, as i mentioned, try out obscure gears that you do not have or find in the shop. Having tips goes a long way towards getting another individual's CIEM to sit and sound relatively well in your ears, and you're be surprised at how different a CIEM can at time sound from its demo version. 

(3)I will however, politely decline your suggestion to use graphs or measurements to add validity my statement. 1) those can be easily found on the net should you care to search. 2) Graphs and measurements do not capture the main purpose of a CIEM. 3) Measurements seems the number 1 way to have your post removed, or account banned, and we wouldnt want that now, would we? How do you expect to engage in a fruitful discussion or comparison if the alternatives keeps disappearing? 
While measurements DO tell you roughly what the CIEM will sound like, in terms of what it emphasizes, it does not reveal the detail retrieval, or its coherency, how it presents the sound as a whole (think soundstage, width), and so on.

(1) You have an odd way of showing it. Perhaps this is a cultural difference. 
(2) Noble never made this claim = strawman argument. All Noble has said is that it is their "most subjectively balanced iem....that is detail-oriented.....with clean highs"
(3) If you're going to comment on its technical abilities, the burden of proof is on you. There is exactly one graph I've been able to find, and it was made by Brooko, and he conceded that he may need to redo it. Maybe you should be forthcoming about your own preferences as far as sound signature is concerned - this may help people to better understand your opinion and why you don't like it.

Oct 8, 2015 at 2:03 AM Post #15,454 of 36,135
Since it's already exposed the driver for the savant, just let others to decide what they are looking for. I can tell that even IF the savant has 4 or 6 drivers ppl will still judge it for the price if the sound not at par to the price point. Listen and enjoy to the sound of the music and not calculating the music... Cheers...

If it had 6 drivers per side, they'd still be making a nice profit, too. If people don't like it, fine. I heard it and I didn't care for it, either, but I don't feel the need to go on a silly crusade just because I don't like something. That is the behavior of a person I'd rather not cross paths with.

Oct 8, 2015 at 2:17 AM Post #15,455 of 36,135
There is exactly one graph I've been able to find, and it was made by Brooko, and he conceded that he may need to redo it.

I actually did redo it, and updated my review.

The Savant remains one of the best tuned IEMs I've heard - a bit more sub-bass might be nice, but what John has done with two drivers is amazing IMO.  I wish I owned one. Maybe one of these days.

Oct 8, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #15,456 of 36,135
If it had 6 drivers per side, they'd still be making a nice profit, too. If people don't like it, fine. I heard it and I didn't care for it, either, but I don't feel the need to go on a silly crusade just because I don't like something. That is the behavior of a person I'd rather not cross paths with.

Agreed. I am now enjoying my music from my savant with only my 2+ years old xperia zl.

Oct 8, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #15,459 of 36,135
  Looks like Nike Flynyte shoes... 
http://www.runningshoesguru.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/PICT3690.jpg

Excellent call, one would be covered head to toe with this pairing
wink_face.gif

I also apologize for firing up the crowd once again on this dasterdly cover up on the Savant driver count. It's never been what's in a Noble product but rather what comes out of it and the thought of so many trying to discredit them has raised my emotion level more than once here and for that I am truly sorry. Like I've said a fair and reasonable comparison is fine even here in the Noble Fan club thread as long as it's done with no malice.

Beautiful shells John
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 8, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #15,463 of 36,135
This is like a nightmare that won't end. If we all accept that we've been hoodwinked by the nefarious psionic powers of Dr. John and Brennan and that our ears do not really enjoy listening to Noble iems as much as we think they do because our ears lack the superior resolving powers that Noble's critics do, will this thread return to the way it was, rather than remain the tedious lecturing session it has turned into?

Where is a Wata blonde joke when you need one?

Yeah. This whole Savant debacle has gone on long enough. Too much hostility and ill-will on the thread these days. I hope we can finally turn the page and move on. After all, everyone now knows the Savant is a dual-BA IEM that costs $600. It may not be the best earphone on the market, but it has its share of fans (quite a lot, actually). So, there. Let the market decide - after all, there are no more "secrets".

With that said, I'm more eager than ever to finally audition the Savant. From experience with Noble's other earphones, I'm sure I won't come away feeling disappointed.

And, yes, we definitely need a Wata joke.

Oct 8, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #15,464 of 36,135
Hey Wata digging the sound? Btw I noticed your hair is thinning and grey, your an old dude huh? :D

But I gotta admit your young at heart (and mind) :D

Its not really as thin as the picture shows. Had a hat on so it was smashed down. Yes the sound is great. I am 51 years young. Jokes sorry they don't go over well with the mods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back