Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Oct 5, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #15,286 of 36,135
I know some guys that might be able to help. Not so reliable on delivery but they are fast. Did the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs. Look for this ship.

4237d0469128a857a719279366439e23.jpg

No plane needed.

Oct 5, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #15,287 of 36,135

Your post made me miss home.  My dad actually called me this morning....  asked me if I got any sleep, he is also a lurker on Head Fi

thanks for your order, you took your sweet time, and I'm sure a lot of consideration went into your decission.

Delayed gratification is ofttimes sweeter - really looking forward to these.

Oct 5, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #15,289 of 36,135
Ha!

Actually Jim is the official helper at RMAF.

Walked by the Noble boot at RMAF this morning. Listened to the new K10U and they sounded amazing. Walked out with an order for a custom K10 with wizard design. Brannan is a great guy to deal with. He took my ear impressions on the spot and gracefully responded to all my noob questions about ciems. Can't wait for them to arrive! Though I first have to decide what direction to take for the wizard design.

I had a great time helping Brannan at the Noble booth at CanJam at RMAF. nepherte, I think you made the right decision but I am severely biased, glad you stopped by. Pictures and more comments to follow soon.

Jim

Oct 6, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #15,290 of 36,135
I know someone who's thinking about selling his custom K10. Thinking about buying it from him, so I have a question: If I avail of the ownership transfer service and get the K10 remolded for my ears, will Noble still use the old drivers that were in the previous owner's K10 or will they replace it with new ones?

Oct 6, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #15,291 of 36,135
  I know someone who's thinking about selling his custom K10. Thinking about buying it from him, so I have a question: If I avail of the ownership transfer service and get the K10 remolded for my ears, will Noble still use the old drivers that were in the previous owner's K10 or will they replace it with new ones?

Reshelling plus new drivers would be tantamount to an exchange program, so I expect they use the original drivers.

Oct 6, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #15,292 of 36,135
  Reshelling plus new drivers would be tantamount to an exchange program, so I expect they use the original drivers.

Agree. The OTS is just reshelling the guts to fit the new owner's ears. Here's what it says on the Noble website: 

"The Ownership Transfer Service (OTS) is a feature that gives original owners of acrylic CIEM products the ability to resell them. For $250, the second owner can have the product recrafted (basic acrylic faceplates and shells included). The entire menu of acrylic CIEM options is also available to the second owner for applicable fees."

Is a pretty good deal IMO, especially depending on how much you can get the used CIEM's for. 

Cheers 

Oct 6, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #15,294 of 36,135

New sample cable from Noble, pretty snazzy.  What do you people think?

Jim

I personally like the bold color, and it suits your Picasso's well with the blue highlights on the iem.  Is it supple?

Oct 6, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #15,296 of 36,135
  Walked by the Noble boot at RMAF this morning. Listened to the new K10U and they sounded amazing. Walked out with an order for a custom K10 with wizard design. Brannan is a great guy to deal with. He took my ear impressions on the spot and gracefully responded to all my noob questions about ciems. Can't wait for them to arrive! Though I first have to decide what direction to take for the wizard design.

Ha, I did the exact same thing.  Best of luck surviving waiting for yours to arrive! It's only been three days, and the wait is already killing me XD

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back