Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Sep 26, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #14,853 of 36,057
will post photos and early impressions later.
Enthralling lay good aspects mixed with painful fit issues, but I'm gonna experiment some more today

I had fit issues but found the right tips eventually. If it weren't for Spin Fit I don't think I'd bother with universals at all but they are just perfect for me.

They have a lovely mature sound. No real wow factor but very engaging. I find myself sitting trance like honing into little details that I tend to pass over in other IEMs.

Sep 26, 2015 at 7:41 AM Post #14,854 of 36,057
Hello!
After lurking around this thread for a couple of years I figured out that now should be a good time to join the party!
Got my new K10s two days ago, and I'm having a wonderful time so far!
My last pair of IEMs where Shure's SE 530 customised by Null Audio, and then customised again by an ACS dealer in Israel.
Sadly, one of the drivers stopped working, and I've decided that it's the right time to upgrade rather trying to get them fixed.

Huge thanks to John, Brannan, and everyone else who was involved in the smooth process of getting them.

A couple of questions-
When I asked John and Brannan about it, both of them where quiet certain that there is no need to use an amp with the K10s.
How would you guys describe your experience with amping them?
My ears are still adjusting to the K10s sounds signature, and I've listening to them via my iPhone 6 Plus and my Macbook pro at the moment.
I do have an Headroom Total BitHead lying around that I'll definitely try, but would love to hear from your experience as well.

Another thing, about the case-
I already asked Brannan about this, but I'd share it over here too.
Looks like my K10s leave a mark on the foam each time I'm closing the case, which means that they are a bit too big, and I'm afraid that the case is putting some pressure on them. 
There was a mark on the foam since the first moment I opened the case, and there are more of them as I've tried to place them differently inside it.
Anyone else experienced anything like that?

Thanks a lot guys!
Thomas

Sep 26, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #14,855 of 36,057
  Hello!
After lurking around this thread for a couple of years I figured out that now should be a good time to join the party!
My last pair of IEMs where Shure's SE 530 customised by Null Audio, and then customised again by an ACS dealer in Israel.
Sadly, one of the drivers stopped working, and I've decided that it's the right time to upgrade rather trying to get them fixed.

Huge thanks to John Brannan, and everyone else who was involved in the smooth process of getting them.

A couple of questions-
When I asked John and Brannan about it, both of them where quiet certain that there is no need to use an amp with the K10s.
My ears are still adjusting to the K10s sounds signature, and I've listening to them via my iPhone 6 Plus and my Macbook pro at the moment.
I do have an Headroom Total BitHead lying around that I'll definitely try, but would love to hear from you experience as well.

Looks like my K10s leave a mark on the foam each time I'm closing the case, which means that they are a bit to big, and I'm afraid that the case is putting a bit of pressure on them. 
There was a mark on them foam since the first moment I opened the case, and there are more of them as I've tried to place them differently inside the case.

Thanks a lot guys!
Thomas

Beautiful monitors Thomas, congratulations.

The subject of amping is pretty divisive. It really is a case of trying with/without and making your own judgements. Some people will swear that K10 needs to be amped. For me, as long as noise floor and channel balance are reasonable, most sources are fine without an amp. I have said this a number of times in this thread, but IMHO K10 takes you 95% of the way 'there' on it's own. Whether or not that last 5% is worth the inconvenience of another device is entirely up to you.

My case also had shallow impressions in the foam. I would probably prefer slight pressure to keep the monitors in place then to have them move around and potentially damage each other. I now keep them in a pelican 1010 which is a little bit deeper than the noble case.

Sep 26, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #14,856 of 36,057

Beautiful monitors Thomas, congratulations.

The subject of amping is pretty divisive. It really is a case of trying with/without and making your own judgements. Some people will swear that K10 needs to be amped. For me, as long as noise floor and channel balance are reasonable, most sources are fine without an amp. I have said this a number of times in this thread, but IMHO K10 takes you 95% of the way 'there' on it's own. Whether or not that last 5% is worth the inconvenience of another device is entirely up to you.

My case also had shallow impressions in the foam. I would probably prefer slight pressure to keep the monitors in place then to have them move around and potentially damage each other. I now keep them in a pelican 1010 which is a little bit deeper than the noble case.

Thanks for input vhsownsbeta!

Which amp have you tried pairing with your K10s?

I've considered giving the Pelican 1010 a try as well.
looks like it's a bit deeper. which might be a good thing.
Have you place any foams inside yours?

I just tried putting my K10s inside the SE530's zipper case, which worked pretty well. It's a lot smaller and not as tough as the Noble case, but looks like it might be a good solution for a solid, comfortable protection.

Sep 26, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #14,857 of 36,057
  Thanks for input vhsownsbeta!

Which amp have you tried pairing with your K10s?

I've considered giving the Pelican 1010 a try as well.
looks like it's a bit deeper. which might be a good thing.
Have you place any foams inside yours?

I just tried putting my K10s inside the SE530's zipper case, which worked pretty well. It's a lot smaller and not ad tough as the Noble case, but looks like it might be a good solution for a solid, comfortable protection.

As I said, it's one opinion.

The amps I have tried with K10 are; ALO Rx, Vorzuge Pure II, Cypher Labs Piccolo, LH Labs Geek Out, HRT Microstreamer, Headamp Pico/Slim/Power, Headamp GSX MKII. 
DAPs; Astell Kern AK240, iBasso DX90.

I run K10 amped at my desktop but for portable it is straight out of my iphone 6.

For the case I line the lid with foam and add a http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00512WN6G. It is scored in a grid pattern so you can make custom cutouts for the monitors.

Sep 26, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #14,858 of 36,057
  Hello!

Huge thanks to John, Brannan, and everyone else who was involved in the smooth process of getting them.

A couple of questions-
I do have an Headroom Total BitHead lying around that I'll definitely try, but would love to hear from your experience as well.

Looks like my K10s leave a mark on the foam each time I'm closing the case, which means that they are a bit too big, and I'm afraid that the case is putting some pressure on them. 
There was a mark on the foam since the first moment I opened the case, and there are more of them as I've tried to place them differently inside it.

Thanks a lot guys!
Thomas

Congrats Thomas and welcome to the family! 

Regarding amping, IME it definitely helps, as long as you have the right amp. My favorite IEM amp is the ALO Rx (you can read my review here- http://www.head-fi.org/products/alo-audio-the-new-rx/reviews/13219

As far as the case, I too see impressions in the foam when using the supplied case. Like VHS I switched cases, not because I was worried about the Nobel case hurting my K10's but because I made a case that held my K10's, my DAP and my ALO Rx (as well as a desiccant tin to help keep the K10's dry). The larger case I use for this is also a Pelican, but the larger 1040. Here's a picture: 

Cheers

Sep 26, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #14,859 of 36,057
Hello!

A couple of questions-

Thanks a lot guys!
Thomas

Great design choices

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Sep 26, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #14,860 of 36,057
I wouldn't go as far as that!
wink.gif

That's it, you are shunned from MY thread, be gone you cretin.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 26, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #14,861 of 36,057

Regarding amping, IME it definitely helps, as long as you have the right amp. My favorite IEM amp is the ALO Rx (you can read my review here- http://www.head-fi.org/products/alo-audio-the-new-rx/reviews/13219

As far as the case, I too see impressions in the foam when using the supplied case. Like VHS I switched cases, not because I was worried about the Nobel case hurting my K10's but because I made a case that held my K10's, my DAP and my ALO Rx (as well as a desiccant tin to help keep the K10's dry). The larger case I use for this is also a Pelican, but the larger 1040. Here's a picture: 

Cheers

"Officer, it's just my audio gear....!!"

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Sep 26, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #14,864 of 36,057

Cheers

Thanks mscottt58!
Great review of the ALO Rx!
Ia is that your Fiio X3 under the amp inside the 1040?
Does it fit nicely inside?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back