Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jul 11, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #12,887 of 36,065
  Or anyone who works at a doctor/vet/dentist office with an x-ray machine?

I may try to examine mine under x-ray on next Monday, but will keep this a little secret between the Wiz and I 
biggrin.gif

Jul 11, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #12,891 of 36,065
  K10 > the rest, I have spoken.

well , this guy here seems  to have found at least 4 iems better than K10

http://www.head-fi.org/t/769843/fit-for-a-bat-flagship-iems-shootout-reviewed-8-ct6e-7-h8p-6-jh13-5-k10

(you are a fanboy  so you are excused
tongue.gif
)

Jul 11, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #12,893 of 36,065
Jul 11, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #12,894 of 36,065

i agree (but i wanna try savant , at some point)

Well, just like everything else its a personal opinion. If one person likes Audeze and someone else likes Stax, it doesn't make either wrong. I liked the Savant also, the K10 was just my type of IEM. I have always liked a fun sounding set, so probably why it is my choice. I still cant get over how much the 4 blew me away. I do wonder though if I had tried it last instead of first what my opinion would be.

Jul 11, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #12,895 of 36,065
  That's unfortunate... I tried other tips and they still have a lot of sibilance. I let me friends try it out to be sure it's not just my sensitive ears and they all said it hurt their ears when they listened to it. I think Noble has a 15day return policy albeit with a 20% restock so I may have to go that option if I cannot get used to it sadly :frowning2:

Yeah, I too experienced sibilance on the Noble 3 during my auditions with them on separate occasions. It was otherwise a great sounding, fun IEM. If only I could get used to that treble spike.

Anyway, are you interested in other Noble IEMs? The Noble 4 may not be your cup of tea, but the Noble 6 is pretty good. Granted, it is a lot more expensive than the 3, but it is a worthy purchase.

I finally pulled the trigger on my K10s and pretty stoked. Chose a reprint option but requested them with the Noble crown on faceplate. 
As many have said before, getting the K10s is the end of the road for me from a CIEM perspective.  

I'm glad to finally be joining the Noble family.

I chose Noble not only for the awesome sound signature of the K10s but because I believe Noble is customer focused as well.
Setting customer expectations is key to business development and customer satisfaction which Noble seems to fully understand!

Now the agony begins until I get my K10s.

Salud!

Congratulations! Welcome to the Noble family.

Yeah, the K10 is impressive, indeed. By chance, what reprint did you order? It's good that new owners have the Lookbook to guide them with their decision; it's a thoroughly useful tool!

Jul 11, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #12,896 of 36,065

http://www.head-fi.org/t/769843/fit-for-a-bat-flagship-iems-shootout-reviewed-8-ct6e-7-h8p-6-jh13-5-k10

tongue.gif
)

Well, granted, some of the IEMs in his possession do certain things better than the K10. Maybe those aspects play a more important role in Jelt's overall assessment?

With that said, the K10 still ranks as my favorite overall IEM - it is excellent in many regards, and at the very least, good in others. It is a true genre-neutral IEM, capable of tackling most (if all) types of music, from classic rock to contemporary pop, from EDM to classical. Fantastic! Enjoying every minute with my K10, to be honest.
smile.gif

Jul 11, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #12,897 of 36,065

Personalized engraved case would be a bonus for customs. Just sayin' :wink:

I thought that was normal for custom Noble products? My name was engraved on my Noble case.

Joke time.

I never wanted to believe that my Dad was stealing from his job as a road worker. But when I got home, all the signs were there.

Hahaha. That's a classic, bro. I did LOL. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 11, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #12,898 of 36,065

Yeah, I too experienced sibilance on the Noble 3 during my auditions with them on separate occasions. It was otherwise a great sounding, fun IEM. If only I could get used to that treble spike.

Anyway, are you interested in other Noble IEMs? The Noble 4 may not be your cup of tea, but the Noble 6 is pretty good. Granted, it is a lot more expensive than the 3, but it is a worthy purchase.

Congratulations! Welcome to the Noble family.

Yeah, the K10 is impressive, indeed. By chance, what reprint did you order? It's good that new owners have the Lookbook to guide them with their decision; it's a thoroughly useful tool!

Thanks!

I got the black & blue wizard reprint and have to agree the "Lookbook" is extremely helpful. I mulled over which designed to get for over 2 weeks. Definitely looking forward to getting them.

Jul 12, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #12,899 of 36,065

tongue.gif
)

I own or have spent lots of time with most of the CIEMs in that comparison. I greatly respect his opinion and appreciate the time taken to write it up. However I have to disagree when he says ".... the sub-bass is really not up to par. Extension and slam in the lowest registers doesn't measure up even to the other Balanced Armature bass driver IEMs. This is a real weakness on the Kaiser 10, and I docked it major points for this. "

Huh?!?!?!? That's nowhere near the case with what I hear. Very far from it.

Jul 12, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #12,900 of 36,065

I own or have spent lots of time with most of the CIEMs in that comparison. I greatly respect his opinion and appreciate the time taken to write it up. However I have to disagree when he says ".... the sub-bass is really not up to par. Extension and slam in the lowest registers doesn't measure up even to the other Balanced Armature bass driver IEMs. This is a real weakness on the Kaiser 10, and I docked it major points for this. "

Huh?!?!?!? That's nowhere near the case with what I hear. Very far from it.

+1. Totally agree with you on both points. Both love all the work being put into the comparisons - very detailed stuff! - but also find the K10's to go very low, especially when driven by good gear. The CDM currently driving my K10's using a balanced cable has some of the best, most controlled bass I've ever heard from a CIEM. However, to each his own and we all hear different things - that's what makes this hobby so interesting. Cheers 

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back