Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jul 1, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #12,481 of 36,066
679 for those Wizard universal Savants is a great deal.  Basically 80 bucks for a Wiz design.  I'm jealous of whoever snagged those.  I think I like the designs on the 4's better tho and I'd definitely grab one of those if I didn't already have a custom 4.
100% agree. Which is why I'm so euphoric my commission got accepted. Pablo Savant baby!

Jul 1, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #12,482 of 36,066
Hi guys, i'm very tempting to upgrade to Savant. Got myself a CKR9 LTD 3 months ago and still loving it (enough high, sweet mid, brilliant bass, average soundstage). However i just wish it has a wider soundstage and little more sparkle. Will the Savant  is a clear upgrade to my CKR? Some other suggest me to try the K3003 as well but there is no demo here in Perth (Australia) and a little expensive for a non-detachable IEM. 

Jul 2, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #12,483 of 36,066
Thanks to Mr. Mason, I finally got through the payment process and now just have to wait till the baby is delivered to my doorstep 
L3000.gif

Jul 2, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #12,484 of 36,066
  Hi guys, i'm very tempting to upgrade to Savant. Got myself a CKR9 LTD 3 months ago and still loving it (enough high, sweet mid, brilliant bass, average soundstage). However i just wish it has a wider soundstage and little more sparkle. Will the Savant  is a clear upgrade to my CKR? Some other suggest me to try the K3003 as well but there is no demo here in Perth (Australia) and a little expensive for a non-detachable IEM. 

Honestly I have never heard the K3003 so all I have to say is based on physics and some speculation.

The K3003 is a hybrid, a combination of a Dynamic driver + a twin driver (apparenlty a TWFK)

A dynamic driver would deliver a great bass response (in theory due to physics)

That being said a dynamic driver has a slower "attack and release time"  what that means is, due to the larger size/mass that the dynamic driver has, the response and decay times will be slower than a balanced armature driver.

What this could be interpreted as is a "slopy" sounding bass when compared to a balanced armature driver. Balanced armature drivers, due to the way they are designed etc etc, have a faster attack and release times.

Also, dynamic drivers are subject to a phenenom called "driver flex"  which is bassically a popping sound, usually made when the IEMs are inserted into the ear canals.  What happens is air pressure is built up through the insertion process, and the air causes the dynamic drivers to move.  I'm not so sure this is a bad thing....   or a perfectly normal affiar that does not decrease the life of a driver.   As I said from the very begining, all of these statements are being made from a physics stand point and not from actual listening experience.

The Savant is not a hybrid, and uses balanced armature drivers, and none of them are TWFK(s) so I would expect the sound quality to be different from the K3003 if not vastly different.  (different being better, that is a subject statement and one I can not make)

Cheers.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jul 2, 2015 at 4:35 AM Post #12,487 of 36,066
So do the universals in the sale (non wizard) ship from uk if ordered or do they come overseas?  If overseas what are the chances of taxes? I know that Noble CIEMs do get taxed.

Jul 2, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #12,489 of 36,066
So do the universals in the sale (non wizard) ship from uk if ordered or do they come overseas?  If overseas what are the chances of taxes? I know that Noble CIEMs do get taxed.
asked mine to be from UK. Also asked Gisele Flower (Aid2Hearing UK) if provided it's made by the time of CanJam London, if I could pick it up directly there to which she said sure.
When stars align, gotta make a move :D
Edit: mine's a wiz though
Edit2: When I initially enquires about a regular Savant with pentalobe screws, she did mention £60 to cover import duties

Jul 2, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #12,491 of 36,066
Jul 2, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #12,494 of 36,066
   When you turn on or off the Noble BTS does anyone get a lot of distortion in the voice? Very noticeable in the right channel.

I am not experiencing this with my BTS.

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #12,495 of 36,066
Tks u buddy, i'm just wondering about the soundstage of the Savant and how it compare to the FX850, which i think has a quite large soundstage (Mid bass hump killed that JVC anyway). It's 660 AUD and not cheap, have to save my ass hard to have that much money so i want to be carefully this time. Blind buy westone w40 and found it so dark, SM64 dark as well but still clearer than the westone, Shure 535 ltd is all about the mid (too forward) and IE80 (i don't know where are the soundstage and clarity they're talking @@!!!). Seem like the high and mid of Savant are actually really good already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back