Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 25, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #8,686 of 36,064
  My K10s arrived today:

I'm really happy with them. Here's the playlist I've been using to get into them. It's a wide spectrum of Jazz, Metal, Bluegrass and Pop. In particular Johanna Kurkela's "Sinä nukut siina" really shines on them, as well as Tesseract's "Resist":

Definitely recommend a listen of those to other K10 owners :)

Beautiful design.
Can you tell us what options you chose (colors, glitter, faceplate)?
I am thinking about ordering mine and I love this combination (I assume this is a personal design, not Wizard?).

Feb 25, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #8,690 of 36,064
My K10s arrived today:

I'm really happy with them. Here's the playlist I've been using to get into them. It's a wide spectrum of Jazz, Metal, Bluegrass and Pop. In particular Johanna Kurkela's "Sinä nukut siina" really shines on them, as well as Tesseract's "Resist":

Wow man, those look unreal. Enjoy!

Feb 25, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #8,691 of 36,064
  Beautiful design.
Can you tell us what options you chose (colors, glitter, faceplate)?
I am thinking about ordering mine and I love this combination (I assume this is a personal design, not Wizard?).

Cheers! It is a personal design, yeah. Cocobolo faceplates, dark smoke/silver nugget body, amber/gold nugget canals. If I did it again I would ask if it's possible to get Australian Mallee Burl faceplates instead (they hadn't made any with that wood when I ordered mine). 

Feb 25, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #8,692 of 36,064
Went to see the lovely Gisele of Aid2Hearing today.
I paid for a hearing test, which was very thorough and interesting.
Showed up a 4k loss that I am now EQing for. Auditioned the K10. I can see or rather hear what the excitement on here is about. :)
Then impressions.
Gisele takes two sets as standard. Did three sets for me.
She was still unhappy about a bit of wax so packed me off to get that removed before proceeding.
A bit frustrating but I am grateful for her attention to detail.
I was a bit dubious that Noble have appointed an Audiologist as their London agent rather than a dealer but needn't have worried. Gisele's husband is a music fan with a two or three thousand CD collection. So she is used to obsessives!
I was there for an hour and a half but never felt rushed or pressured.
A pleasure. Highly recommended.

Feb 25, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #8,693 of 36,064
  Cheers! It is a personal design, yeah. Cocobolo faceplates, dark smoke/silver nugget body, amber/gold nugget canals. If I did it again I would ask if it's possible to get Australian Mallee Burl faceplates instead (they hadn't made any with that wood when I ordered mine). 

Great choices.
I didn't see the option for "silver nugget". Is it the same "cosmetic grade silver glitter"?

Feb 25, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #8,694 of 36,064
  Great choices.
I didn't see the option for "silver nugget". Is it the same "cosmetic grade silver glitter"?

I selected gold nugget, but requested silver nugget as a part of the confirmation process (sunny emails you to confirm the design choices before they start). Hopefully they can do the same for you. If not, I think it would look great with gold nugget too.

Feb 25, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #8,695 of 36,064
  My K10s arrived today:

Welcome to the club. Love the design.

Feb 25, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #8,697 of 36,064
  You may need to trim yours a little.

Dr.  thanks for the tip, this made a huge difference.  Also, I believe what I was hearing (dull/distant) initially was due to user error.  I think I was a little lazy when putting on the foams, and not making sure the end of the port was close to the end of the tip of the foam.  I guess I was a little over zealous to hear the music.  With a little extra finger cramping I was able to push the medium T500s high enough on to the port without having to trim, same goes for the stock Noble foams.

Now that I have my K10Us dialed in, the initial reaction to some of my reference material is quite mind blowing. 

The vocal presentation in Key to Highway (Riding with The King) is absolutely incredible and best I've ever heard; truly remarkable.
Fleetwood Mac Rumours, same as above… vocally and instrumentally incredible. 
ABB’s At The Fillmore has musical separation and a sound stage that I've never heard before, just amazing..period.
Mr. Hendrix's JAM 292 would blow me away using a tin can and kite string; through the K10s it's simply electrifying.
DMB's Tripping Billies, Stay, #27 ...loads of dimension and musical separation that just sucks you in.

Those of you who are still a bit undecided, your money is safe here.   Just reserve a little time and patience to get these dialed in and you will be pleasantly rewarded.

Feb 25, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #8,698 of 36,064

Nice pics!  Especially the one with the city landscape background.  Kudos!  Enjoy the sound!

Feb 25, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #8,699 of 36,064

Dr.  thanks for the tip, this made a huge difference.  Also, I believe what I was hearing (dull/distant) initially was due to user error.  I think I was a little lazy when putting on the foams, and not making sure the end of the port was close to the end of the tip of the foam.  I guess I was a little over zealous to hear the music.  With a little extra finger cramping I was able to push the medium T500s high enough on to the port without having to trim, same goes for the stock Noble foams.

Now that I have my K10Us dialed in, the initial reaction to some of my reference material is quite mind blowing. 

The vocal presentation in Key to Highway (Riding with The King) is absolutely incredible and best I've ever heard; truly remarkable.
Fleetwood Mac Rumours, same as above… vocally and instrumentally incredible. 
ABB’s At The Fillmore has musical separation and a sound stage that I've never heard before, just amazing..period.
Mr. Hendrix's JAM 292 would blow me away using a tin can and kite string; through the K10s it's simply electrifying.
DMB's Tripping Billies, Stay, #27 ...loads of dimension and musical separation that just sucks you in.

Those of you who are still a bit undecided, your money safe here.   Just reserve a little time and patience to get these dialed in and you will be pleasantly rewarded.

NP, glad it worked out for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back