Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 6, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #8,311 of 36,064
+ 1

Rather than attempting to talk you out of purchasing a Noble product..... And into a product that you already stated causes you pain....

I advise you to go custom. The price for a custom iem vs a k10u is the same. Art work for customer design k10s is offered for free.

Good sound
Quality workmanship
24/7 phone/e-mail or Skype communication

That being said, my wife has extremely narrow conchas (the bowl portion of the ear, and she has both CIEMs and iems) she prefers her iems. (That may be because they are color coordinated with her purse rather than comfort, so take that with a grain of salt).
smily_headphones1.gif

With all due respect Dr. Moulton,

I specifically advised the SCS because the gentleman spoke about the SE846 causing him pain, and the SCS being able to fully alleviate the pain from sizes-fit-all tips, as the housing does not touch the ears at all, only the silicone of the SCS.  As a result, if he already loves the sound, he will not only be able to keep the SE846, but experience an extra level of comfort and perceived auditory satisfaction with the addition of the SCS, which are both still a portion of the cost of the K10U/custom K10 (a new SE846 + SCS can be had for less than $1,000 [or just adding the SCS for $130-$200] as opposed to the $1,599 base for the K10 universal and custom [$200 and $400 more for Wizard Reprint and Wizard Design respectively] or $2,599-$2,899 for the Prestige).

Feb 7, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #8,313 of 36,064
Does anyone have any pics of their noble ciems in plain colors and/or glitter? Cuttin' it close getting some ciems in the first place and can't end up getting any super awesome custom art, so I just wanted to see some plain ones out in the wild. Looking to get my 3Cs ordered this week, impressions on Tuesday! :D

Feb 7, 2015 at 3:20 AM Post #8,314 of 36,064
  Does anyone have any pics of their noble ciems in plain colors and/or glitter? Cuttin' it close getting some ciems in the first place and can't end up getting any super awesome custom art, so I just wanted to see some plain ones out in the wild. Looking to get my 3Cs ordered this week, impressions on Tuesday! :D

We have photos of more "plain" CIEMs that we have done. Please feel free to PM me direct regarding which colors you are considering and I will see about pulling up some photos for you.

Feb 7, 2015 at 6:21 AM Post #8,315 of 36,064
Howdy,

a question to all of the owners of the Kaiser 10 Universal, how comfortable are they? Can you wear them for hours without noticable pain (like the westones)? Or are they thick like the Shure SE846/JH Roxannes and after an hour or so your ear canals start hurting? I'm asking this because I have small ear canals and a thick earphone like the Shure SE846 is painful to wear after less than an hour or so (regadless of the tips used, I've tried plenty)

I will read this thread bit by bit, but I'll appreciate your experiences.

I've tried the K10 demos, and they are extremely small and comfortable. Certainly much smaller than the Roxanne. If the universals are similar, you'll be fine. The SE846 housing is indeed a bit chubby.

Feb 7, 2015 at 6:28 AM Post #8,316 of 36,064
Had a brief audition (15 minutes) of the Sony ZX2 with the K10 today. Coming from my DX50, the ZX2 was very impressive. The sound had a raw power that was lacking in the DX50. Micro detail and imaging were enhanced, and the bass became tighter, punchier and seemingly more extended. I've been looking to upgrade my DAP for sometime now, and the AK100 II and ZX2 are 2 of the best contenders for my comfortable price range (~$1,000+). Has anybody tried the ZX2 with their K10s as well?

Feb 7, 2015 at 7:30 AM Post #8,317 of 36,064
I've tried the K10 demos, and they are extremely small and comfortable. Certainly much smaller than the Roxanne. If the universals are similar, you'll be fine. The SE846 housing is indeed a bit chubby.

The k10 universals are actually smaller than the k10 ciem demo units

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Feb 7, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #8,322 of 36,064

We have photos of more "plain" CIEMs that we have done. Please feel free to PM me direct regarding which colors you are considering and I will see about pulling up some photos for you.

Hey mate, sent you a pm. Been lurking for a while but just made the account recently and I've noticed I don't have many privileges yet so just wanted to make sure you got it.

Feb 8, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #8,325 of 36,064
Well, mine are finished. Now I just need to wait for them to arrive. Just like the K7XX and Kona Process I've ordered. I'm feeling poor for the start of February, hopefully there'll be lots of shiny new things by the end! I really like how they turned out. Looked like there was one other person in the thread that wanted to know how Cocobolo faceplates look—you can see here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back