Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 3, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #8,236 of 36,066
Thanks

Very excited, as our first daughter is such a pleasure to see every day, I got my fingers and toes crossed

Noble quietly stands tall in a sea of hype and broken promises. Your creations speak for themselves and your customer service is exemplary, truly world class!

Congratulations on the imminent arrival, in my experience there is something really special about having two girls...

Feb 3, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #8,237 of 36,066
Also my right hand, man, Brannan, young enough to have the energy and determination to take on the world

Super thankful and immeasurably honored that of all the people you could have chose you decided to go at this with me. We will keep pushing forward, no matter the circumstances because lord knows we have endured worse.

Now, how about some photos?

Feb 3, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #8,238 of 36,066

There is a big part of the story, my wife. She said to me one evening, "You will never be a man, until you chase your dream." She gave me the final push, & has had my back through thick and thin, followed me to China, never complained a moment, even while being 7 months pregnant walking many blocks in the piercing cold in chengdu. I got lucky, I married a " farmers daughter" tough, practical and strong inside and out. Another 7 weeks from now, she will bring us our second baby girl, and the story is still the same, active until the very end.

Also my right hand, man, Brannan, young enough to have the energy and determination to take on the world, and of course Rico Suave... He has been behind the scenes making sure things that seem impossible can be possible.

Then, the lab crew, kaiser sose, dB cooper, the dutches, dmax, jimmy Hoffa, tony two fingers, Timmy t, the professor, and others, making incredible functional art.....

It has been one heck of a ride, with more to come. Keep your eyes on us, we have something in the skunk works that we r thrilled about. Don't worry, there are no strings attached, it will not make your Noble iems obsolete, but it is something very very cool
biggrin.gif

Beautiful family, John! You are very blessed to have a wife that not only supports your dreams, but one that pushes you to do it. You have no idea how much added stress the opposite can induce when starting a business...

My first two were girls and they mean the world to me. Fatherhood is the best job I've ever had. I love it. Here's to your new addition and may she be the joy of your life. healthy and happy!

While I haven't ever heard one of your creations yet, I am very impressed with the business you have built. A couple of the things you've told me still blows me away! I want very much to love the K10U so the pressure is on, haha! Somehow, I don't think I'm going to be disappointed.

Feb 3, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #8,239 of 36,066

Super thankful and immeasurably honored that of all the people you could have chose you decided to go at this with me. We will keep pushing forward, no matter the circumstances because lord knows we have endured worse.

Now, how about some photos?

Those remind me of those colored sand designs you can do at craft fairs. Like, fill the vase with the colored sand and then look at it.

I am really digging the design!

I recently started a new job and now have to commute an hour each way. The K10s have been such a help; I really don't know what I would do without them.  They sound better and better every single day, and they are probably my best audio investment that I've made.  Still very much in love after almost 15 months.

Keep up the fantastic work!

Feb 3, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #8,240 of 36,066
My k10s just arrived 20 mins ago. I have to say my experience with Noble has been exceptional. I live in Australia but happened to be in the USA after I had ordered my k10s. Brannan took my impressions in Santa Barbara and was extremely accommodating with seeing me.  The finish is Spalted maple which has been dyed and it looks like silver flakes through the acrylic. They are flawless.

It is so nice to hear Dr. John's story, it is so rare to find people passionate about what they do! Congratulations to John and his wife! I look forward to spreading the word and showing these gorgeous k10s off. My first 30 mins of listening straight from my phone with 320kbs is already leaving me gob smacked I can't wait to take them home and try them with my desktop gear!

Thank you to everyone at Noble for there awesome work and commitment to excellence! 
Thank you again Brannan for accomodating two crazy travellers in the middle of a 6000km road trip!

Xec

Feb 3, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #8,242 of 36,066
Thank you for all your advice bro. 6 months ago we had an argument about ciems and you convinced me to give these things a try. I could not be happier with my purchase and the end result!

Feb 4, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #8,245 of 36,066
Those remind me of those colored sand designs you can do at craft fairs. Like, fill the vase with the colored sand and then look at it.

I am really digging the design!

I recently started a new job and now have to commute an hour each way. The K10s have been such a help; I really don't know what I would do without them.  They sound better and better every single day, and they are probably my best audio investment that I've made.  Still very much in love after almost 15 months.

Keep up the fantastic work!

I was thinking cotton candy

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Feb 4, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #8,248 of 36,066

There is a big part of the story, my wife. She said to me one evening, "You will never be a man, until you chase your dream." She gave me the final push, & has had my back through thick and thin, followed me to China, never complained a moment, even while being 7 months pregnant walking many blocks in the piercing cold in chengdu. I got lucky, I married a " farmers daughter" tough, practical and strong inside and out. Another 7 weeks from now, she will bring us our second baby girl, and the story is still the same, active until the very end.

Also my right hand, man, Brannan, young enough to have the energy and determination to take on the world, and of course Rico Suave... He has been behind the scenes making sure things that seem impossible can be possible.

Then, the lab crew, kaiser sose, dB cooper, the dutches, dmax, jimmy Hoffa, tony two fingers, Timmy t, the professor, and others, making incredible functional art.....

It has been one heck of a ride, with more to come. Keep your eyes on us, we have something in the skunk works that we r thrilled about. Don't worry, there are no strings attached, it will not make your Noble iems obsolete, but it is something very very cool
biggrin.gif

great wife great advice!
congrats!

Your lab crew.. really sounds like a 'crew'! :wink:

Feb 4, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #8,249 of 36,066
Damn they are gorgeous. Both the family and the ciems!

Are you based in China? I've always been somewhat curious of the China aspect of the biz. As I always assumed they are made in the USA. Not that it makes a difference clearly.

Feb 4, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #8,250 of 36,066
A note about burn-in with the K10.  By now I've spent about 15 hours with these (day 3), mostly with my HTC One M8.  Near hour 3 I listened to Pink Floyd - The Dark Side Of The Moon.  At the very end there is the fading heartbeat.  It gets very delicate and with other headphones it just cuts off earlier than with these.  The extreme light sound near the end I noticed an anomily the first time.  The heartbeat turned into static, or noise more than the sound of a heartbeat.  I thought that could be the source, so I waited until I could sample the same file with my laptop, which I've already noticed has more power and a smoother sound from the years with my SE530's (Asus ROG G74S, gaming laptop above average sound).  But I had to sample it with the phone just before I tried with the laptop.  Well, the static was gone.  It sounded just like a heartbeat again.  I guess burn-in is real.  With the laptop it was clear as well with more drive for the bass, more power.

I then listened to Jethro Tull, Aqualung.  I always loved this album.  Every song is awesome, though I always thought it suffered from poor recording.  It always seemed to be dark, little detail and muffled.  Wow, I was so wrong.  The K10 opened up everything with the same files.  It now actually sounds like a great recording.  So clear.  Here's a point:  On Cheap Day Return I always thought (for 25+ years) the lyrics were:

And then you suddenly wonder does the nurse treat you, oh man, the way she should.  She made you tea, asked for your autograph.  What a laugh.

But now it's so clear:

And then you sadily wonder, does the nurse treat your old man, the way she should.

I'm loving these more and more every day.  I can't get enough!  Jesus, they sound so mofo smooth now.  All the detail on top...  Music has finally brought me back to that happy place once again that I lost so long ago.  I can listen to music for hours a day again, and want more.

You should see me walking around the house with my monster big laptop under my arm.  The sound!  Can't get over it!

I loved these in the first minutes, but now, holy cow!  The sound after burn-in is getting worlds better.  It's the soft, delicate sounds that make the difference.  Very soft sounds usually don't translate.  That means detail you haven't heard before.

Physically, the small size works great for me too, since I have small ears (10 drivers in these!?!?!).  I read about the JH offerings, even the new Layla.  I couldn't think about fitting those bulbous monstrosities in my ears.  Even if they can sound a smidge more open I couldn't use them, and for $1000 more, no way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back