Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jan 28, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #8,131 of 36,065
Finally I got the notification the k10u is ready to be shipped.

Me, too, except that they aren't ready to ship to the customer quite yet. The message I got said they were being shipped to the States for final inspection and then shipping to the customers.

I was told they would be shipped by January of 2015. Looks like they will make the deadline, even if it HAD to be right up to the end! Still, I'd rather the K10Us be done right than rushed. I hope they will be in ears by next week! Excited!

Jan 28, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #8,132 of 36,065
IMHO if you love the LCD-3's you'll love the K10's. I own and adore both and feel that the K10's get you ~90% of what you get with the LCD-3's. Both are highly musical and incredibly engaging. As I say in my (still unfinished) review, the K10's envelope you in a cocoon of sound and take me to my "happy-place" faster than any other audio device I've ever tried. Just my 2 cents and happy listening!

I haven't received my K10U yet. I do own the LCD-3. Everyone says the highs are incredible with the K10s. Do you find the highs to be better than the LCD-3? What about the soundstage? I find the soundstage on the LCD-3 to be a bit narrow. I actually prefer my HiFiMan HE-500 over the LCD-3 because the LCD-3s can be a bit too dark with some genres, especially classical artists.

Jan 28, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #8,133 of 36,065
  Me, too, except that they aren't ready to ship to the customer quite yet. The message I got said they were being shipped to the States for final inspection and then shipping to the customers.

I was told they would be shipped by January of 2015. Looks like they will make the deadline, even if it HAD to be right up to the end! Still, I'd rather the K10Us be done right than rushed. I hope they will be in ears by next week! Excited!

Mine just said they cleared final inspection same day.

UPS wont give status of delivery. Wonder how much time until I get them?

Jan 28, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #8,134 of 36,065

I actually got the same notification to be shipped oversea. I was just too excited. Lol

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #8,135 of 36,065
  I haven't received my K10U yet. I do own the LCD-3. Everyone says the highs are incredible with the K10s. Do you find the highs to be better than the LCD-3? What about the soundstage? I find the soundstage on the LCD-3 to be a bit narrow. I actually prefer my HiFiMan HE-500 over the LCD-3 because the LCD-3s can be a bit too dark with some genres, especially classical artists.

I honestly think its a bit unfair to compare open headphones to iems in this manner

Jan 29, 2015 at 1:13 AM Post #8,136 of 36,065
Different horses for different courses.  The difference between my Audeze and 1954 tube setup is closer to my SE846 and W60 than my home stereo by a mile. Okay 100 miles.  Point is that as much as we like to talk about the difference between IEMs and over ears the difference is present but nothing like a really good 2 channel stereo. It is not even close.

So that being said, I find the W60 closer to Audeze on the top end of the spectrum.  Midrange up.  I find the SE846 to have more bass than the Audeze but closer on the low end of the spectrum. Overall, I find the SE846 closer to the Audeze in personality. Same is true for the HD650.  However, I did sell my SE846 and kept my W60.  

What does this mean?  If you want absolute imaging.  Go see a live concert or chamber performance.  If you want it in your home, invest in 2 channel stereo. 

If you want as close as you can get to sonic nirvana with IEMs, ask the wizard.  Don't rub the wizard 3 times. That is for Genies.  You won't get your wish. He will get his.  

Cheers all!  Now hurry up and make my K10's perfect!

Jan 29, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #8,137 of 36,065
  Is it wrong that I have  a set of 1964 V8's on order, haven't even heard them yet, and still I find myself poring over images of K10's and thinking that when Black Friday 2015 hits I'll hopefully have put aside enough money to jump on them?

They're just jaw dropping!

Nah, pretty much normal behavior around these parts. It's a malady called Head-fi-titis. It's characterized by a never-ending desire to get something better, flashier, prettier. It's particularly strong with the strain known only as K-10.

Jan 29, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #8,140 of 36,065

Sounds like a cable issue, conact Brannan ASAP

Contacted Brannan and was sent a new cable via Next Day Air. wow!

awesome service

new cable seems to have no issues. thanks!

Clever bastards... First they lure you in with the great designs and then they make you stay for the awesome service.

Jan 29, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #8,141 of 36,065
Clever bastards... First they lure you in with the great designs and then they make you stay for the awesome service.

Seriously! Brannan and company are acting recklessly - spoiling all of us with great customer service. We might actually start to expect something similar from other companies we work with! 
gs1000.gif

Jan 29, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #8,142 of 36,065
Also showed my friend my K10's and convinced him to get pair of his own. Noble will take over the world - resistance is futile! 

Any type of referral program out there John and Brannan? 
beerchug.gif

Cheers all

Jan 29, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #8,144 of 36,065
Yes, its called the thank you program. They say, thank you.

Ha! Thought maybe we'd shake loose some of those cool Noble t-shirts or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back