Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jan 22, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #8,011 of 36,065
Nope

I think what you may be thinking of is some "wooden" jewlery (and earphones) is actually saw dust + epoxy, formed into an object & that really yields a plastic like look.

Wood that has been placed in a pressure chamber along with acrylic doesn't look fake.  Essentially the end result is a piece of wood that will not split due to climage changes, can't degrade (rot), impervious to bugs, water proof and is stonger.

I'm sure that if The Wizard is involved then the Prestige range will be stunning.
I was just trying to convince myself that I am not missing out as I cannot afford the extra expense.
I didn't think that you would have anything to do with tacky materials such as reconstituted wood but figured that the process would result in a material that is plastic to the touch rather than natural wood.

Jan 22, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #8,012 of 36,065
I'm sure that if The Wizard is involved then the Prestige range will be stunning.
I was just trying to convince myself that I am not missing out as I cannot afford the extra expense.
I didn't think that you would have anything to do with tacky materials such as reconstituted wood but figured that the process would result in a material that is plastic to the touch rather than natural wood.

Nah, we actually have some "off menu" prestige k10's in the works right now. I'm looking forward to those builds. We were lucky enough to have some folks let me select the materials.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jan 22, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #8,013 of 36,065
Nah, we actually have some "off menu" prestige k10's in the works right now. I'm looking forward to those builds. We were lucky enough to have some folks let me select the materials.

It's going to take discipline to not make a purchase I cannot afford!

Jan 22, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #8,014 of 36,065
No plastics look or feel to my prestige, has a wonderful glossy shine.

Love my thin cable also. No change in sound and super light and comfortable. I would love one with a balanced 2.5 and maybe angled connectors.
John, Brannan, what do you think?

Jim

Jan 22, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #8,016 of 36,065

I think you know what I am going to request when I go Prestige. Brannan thinks he knows what needs to happen to sculpt the exterior and he said something to the effect of "we will let Kaiser Soze figure out how to hollow it out" and then laughed an evil, knowing sort of laugh....

Jan 22, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #8,018 of 36,065
It occurred to me that it would be a bit catastrophic if a refit was needed on a Prestige. I asked Brennan about this and he said fear not, we have this down to a science. Bold words! Would it be possible to produce a simple clear acrylic before committing to a beautiful Prestige?

Jan 22, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #8,019 of 36,065
  Just collected my K10s yesterday after a 6 weeks wait and I cant be any happier with the finishing and the sound of it. I would like to thank the team at Music Sanctuary for their great service and the team behind Noble for making such a superb product. I have been going through all of the songs in my playlist and cant help but pick up nuances that I have never heard before, simply mind blowing! 

Congrats!  Mine are still to bee seen, 6 weeks since the impressions were received in the Lab...  :frowning2:

Jan 22, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #8,020 of 36,065
It occurred to me that it would be a bit catastrophic if a refit was needed on a Prestige. I asked Brennan about this and he said fear not, we have this down to a science. Bold words! Would it be possible to produce a simple clear acrylic before committing to a beautiful Prestige?

Time and cost probably makes this prohibitive, though it would be a nice option.

Jan 22, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #8,021 of 36,065
Agree. Really pleased with the thin cable, although I am a little worried about the 10 pound strength. Would be awesome to get a balanced version for my future Geek Wave XD128 Ultimate Signature Edition (carbon fiber baby!). 

And the K10's scale so well that I need a better portable source soon! Getting ever more eager than usual for Larry and crew to get the Wave project done and shipped. 

Jan 23, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #8,022 of 36,065
Just got news from Music Sanctuary that my K10s have been completed, and that I should be receiving them soon. Wow, they really look totally blinged out! Awesome work, Noble!

Now, it's just the (hopefully short) wait to actually get them in my hands (and my ears)! 
smile.gif

Jan 23, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #8,024 of 36,065
Jan 23, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #8,025 of 36,065
  Just got news from Music Sanctuary that my K10s have been completed, and that I should be receiving them soon. Wow, they really look totally blinged out! Awesome work, Noble!

Now, it's just the (hopefully short) wait to actually get them in my hands (and my ears)! 
smile.gif

C'mon, C'mon, post the pics!!  Or are you going to let Brannan post them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back