Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jan 13, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #7,891 of 36,065
I just received this as I was leaving to get on the bus oh happy days. Its a 5C.

Congrats! They're awesome looking, and I am sure they sound great as well. Enjoy

Jan 13, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #7,892 of 36,065
I just received this as I was leaving to get on the bus oh happy days. Its a 5C.

When you get home is it going to be black lights and Jimmy Hendricks?
wink_face.gif

Jan 13, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #7,893 of 36,065

When you get home is it going to be black lights and Jimmy Hendricks?
wink_face.gif

Exactly. Just please stay away from the lighter fluid and the matches...

Jan 13, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #7,899 of 36,065
  I noticed a small crack on the right canal tip. Just curious if this is covered under warranty.

I would probably send an email or PM to Brannan, rather than asking here. We don't know, but he may.  If it's from dropping it, probably not.  If it's some defect that appeared during normal usage, maybe?  But the only person to ask would be somebody at Noble. They're the only ones who can tell you for certain.

Jan 13, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #7,901 of 36,065

Let us know what you think of them - I have a pair of N5 universals but they're Wizard's semi-custom design with amboyna burl faceplates.  I never see much about the 5 around here - am interested to see what someone else thinks!

*cough*Brannanyoushouldhurryalongthatnextshipment!*cough*

etysmile.gif

Jan 13, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #7,902 of 36,065
I dunno. I very much appreciate a lot of the older country classics on my K10, and there is a lot of pretty good county still produced today that sounds awesome on the K10, as well.

So, I don't agree, but to each their own, I guess. :)

Jan 13, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #7,903 of 36,065
Dropping it? sht, acrylic is too tough to crack from a drop.  not a latent defect. I'd wager noble will get you sorted.

Jan 13, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #7,904 of 36,065
There are a lot of old country classics I can appreciate, but I just can't bring myself to like anything made in recent years.  There is one song that I do like, I suppose - Fly Over States from Jason Aldean; lyrics aren't half bad, and it's among the small selection of songs being put out that aren't falling victim to the loudness war, or at least the copy I listen to - it's a really, really well mixed song IMO.  Guess that's the benefit of high production values for ya.

Am listening to some Celtic Metal right now from Eluveitie.  Library expansion time is always a fun one.  There should be bagpipes in every piece of music ever made. 
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back