Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jan 10, 2015 at 7:21 AM Post #7,861 of 36,126
Assuming that i have NEVER had any issues with the fit of IEMs in my entire life (im at a ripe old age of 30 now btw - IEM history includes Shure E2C, E4C, Shure SE846, Audio Technica ATH-IM3, Dunu DN2000, Unique Melody Miracle Universals), should i consider going just for the K10Us (taking consideration into resale value etc etc). 

I'm currently using the Shure 846s with no issues whatsoever (neutral filters + medium olives - I get a solid seal with excellent bass impact and slam).

I've read that Customs offer better SQ, but i'm not entirely sure i want to go through the hassle if i can get that same sound with universals). 

Jan 10, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #7,862 of 36,126
  Assuming that i have NEVER had any issues with the fit of IEMs in my entire life (im at a ripe old age of 30 now btw - IEM history includes Shure E2C, E4C, Shure SE846, Audio Technica ATH-IM3, Dunu DN2000, Unique Melody Miracle Universals), should i consider going just for the K10Us (taking consideration into resale value etc etc). 

I'm currently using the Shure 846s with no issues whatsoever (neutral filters + medium olives - I get a solid seal with excellent bass impact and slam).

I've read that Customs offer better SQ, but i'm not entirely sure i want to go through the hassle if i can get that same sound with universals). 

Bone conduction is a very real thing. I have had zero issues with universals and generally prefer them, but with customs the sound presentation is simply different. Perhaps you can first get the Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves for the SE846 (see my sig for a review if you're interested) to compare the differences, before you decide if a K10 or K10U may be better for you :)

Jan 10, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #7,863 of 36,126
  Hey guys!
Anyone having troubles accessing Noble Audio's website?

It keeps telling me there is a script error then a bunch of Java coding(or what I assume is java coding :p)
I experienced this from my PC and my smartphone...

It's fine on mine I'm afraid.

Jan 12, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #7,868 of 36,126
Dear lord, yes please.

Man. Student loan debt coming out of my ears, and a pretty lame salary, and I'm trying to justify taking out a line of credit for those K10. They are my unicorn.

Also, as much as I like all these designs, I kinda want to get clear K10s so I can see myself and show others how much stuff is packed in to my tiny little ear holes.

Jan 12, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #7,871 of 36,126

Damnit. If they look this good, i see no reason to go for the universals! 
blink.gif

Jan 12, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #7,873 of 36,126
Dear lord, yes please.

Man. Student loan debt coming out of my ears, and a pretty lame salary, and I'm trying to justify taking out a line of credit for those K10. They are my unicorn.

Also, as much as I like all these designs, I kinda want to get clear K10s so I can see myself and show others how much stuff is packed in to my tiny little ear holes.

At the risk of being condescending and offering unwanted advice.
Don't go for 'phones that are way out of your normal budget.
There are loads of amazing sounding headphones at lower price points.
I think you have to take enthusiasts enthusiasm with a pinch of salt.
I went for a "YOLO, once in a lifetime " CIEM. it didn't end particularly well.
If this is something that is way outside your normal purchases, there is so much expectation riding on it that it is highly likely that you would be disappointed.
Definitely not worth getting into debt for.
All IMHO.

Jan 12, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #7,874 of 36,126
That's a good point. Going into debt is never a good thing if it can be avoided. Buying a car or a house? Yeah, most of us don't have the ability to pay cash on those. A loan is a necessary evil. Starting a business? Sure, as long as it's realistic to turn a profit sooner rather than later.

But headphones? I wouldn't recommend it. Especially when Noble offers some excellent options at more affordable prices. Yeah, a K10 or Stax SR-009, or other high priced/excellent models look really appealing, but don't discount a Noble 4 or a used older Stax for right now. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back