Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 12, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #7,277 of 36,063
  Today's loot.

Good for you! Enjoy. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #7,278 of 36,063
Do you want a vocal centric sound (Fitear) or a more balanced one? (Noble)

Do ergonomics matter to you? The k10 is delightfully small for a universal custom, the Fitear is monstrously big.

Well I've read the HM-901 is quite cozy in comparison to the AK240. If that's true, then a balanced (Noble) iem might be the better choice. I'm also intrigued by the 2.5x more drivers & the smaller size. The small factor is important but not at all so in comparison to SQ.
You're posting in a Noble thread, so you know what our answer will be! ;o)

I knew it. I knew it. Leaning towards the K10U for a while, still needed a nudge away from 334s though.

Dec 12, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #7,281 of 36,063
  Has anyone tried the SXC 8 Alo cable with K10? DHC looks quite attractive.

Don't know about the ALO, but the DHC Symbiote Fusion V2 is a wonderful match with the K10's.

Dec 12, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #7,282 of 36,063
Well I've read the HM-901 is quite cozy in comparison to the AK240. If that's true, then a balanced (Noble) iem might be the better choice. I'm also intrigued by the 2.5x more drivers & the smaller size. The small factor is important but not at all so in comparison to SQ.
I knew it. I knew it. Leaning towards the K10U for a while, still needed a nudge away from 334s though.

Never tried them with the ak, but tried both with the hm901. The 334s are much Warmer. Good mids, but I wouldn't say they're to die for either.

The noble has a sense of coherency (every freq is well represented) and good airiness, especially run balanced on the 901.

The fitear's fit is also monstrous for me. They're really not quite a universal...

Dec 12, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #7,283 of 36,063
I have both HUGO and AK240.  I am eager to get my K10 so I can get to some testing.  Since the molds just arrived yesterday....that should not be too long.  Like a week...right? 
L3000.gif

In other news, I would like to see the wizard turn out a K10 themed like the Tree of Souls from Avatar.  I think that color scheme would look great in his IEMs.  Or that Matrix Green/Black Scheme.  On second thought, do that after my K10s are made :p

Dec 12, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #7,284 of 36,063
  Has anyone tried the SXC 8 Alo cable with K10? DHC looks quite attractive.

Don't know about the ALO, but the DHC Symbiote Fusion V2 is a wonderful match with the K10's.

Yes I am using it now as it is part of the ALO's K10U package.  But to be honest, the DHC ones seems to be better as they do offer options for the AK240, not so for the ALO's SXC 8 (or any other one from them.)

Dec 13, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #7,285 of 36,063

Just received my 3Cs!

I was a bit afraid for my first CIEMs. Would they fit, would they seal, would they sound OK...?
I was anticipating a long time needed for testing, adjusting, maybe sending back, getting used to, and... none of that. Opened the box, took the gems (much bigger than I thought, btw), put them on, and they just... popped in! Just a little bit of twisting and adjusting the wire guide, and it was perfect. I could tell because the isolation was good, when I talked I heard my voice inside my head, and the seal didn't break. Later I ate a bit, and then I did break the seal a couple of times, which is good so I can tell what the difference is.
Then, plugged them into my simple Sony MP3 player filled with decent MP3 files (192-320), and off we go! Second good surprise, first time in-ears sound just like full-sized cans, sound as if they were the size of half-melons each! That impression of openness is unbelievable, seems a total paradox for closed small-sized IEMs. Sound quality is very good, I'd say better than my UM2 in all aspects, but I'll need some more testing to make final statements. Bass and treble extension is better for sure.
Finally, after 30 minutes of listening, I JUST COULDN'T TELL I HAD THEM ON. EVEN WHEN I TRIED TO FEEL THEM I COULDN'T. I only felt the wires.
Bottom line, thank you Noble! Excellent work, proving that you may be shell artists, but before all you're primarily first class audio experts.

Dec 13, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #7,286 of 36,063
I received my Noble at the beginning of the week. It is the sound I like, it is too warm, but overall quality is very good. It is also the best confort I have from a universal. For my taste I will upgrade to Noble 4, but Noble 3 is already a big value even if its sound signature is not what I want. I can listen them for hours with no issue, and it is the first time I feel so free with in ears.
Good products and good communication.

Dec 13, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #7,287 of 36,063
I received my Noble 3 at the beginning of the week. It is not the sound I like, it is too warm, but overall quality is very good. It is also the best confort I have from a universal. For my taste I will upgrade to Noble 4, but Noble 3 is already a big value even if its sound signature is not what I want. I can listen them for hours with no issue, and it is the first time I feel so free with in ears.
Good products and good communication.

Dec 13, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #7,289 of 36,063
  Anybody made a comparison between H8P vs. K10 vs. VE6 xcontrol?

These are the "usual suspects" left after countless hours studying these forums...

Price is not an issue.

If price is not an issue, add SE5way on your list mate.

I am not saying H8P, K10 or V6XC are bad iems, of course and obviously not. Heck, if I had cash I would order K10 "right now" (also 8C too I am very curious about it) but as an owner of SE5way, I can definitely say it is also in the usual suspects.

When you go this level in ciems, the highest of high, it boils down to sound signature and presentation preferences mostly. I am sure all of them performs at very high level but at the end which ones will suit your preferences, that's the point.

Dec 13, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #7,290 of 36,063

If price is not an issue, add SE5way on your list mate.

I am not saying H8P, K10 or V6XC are bad iems, of course and obviously not. Heck, if I had cash I would order K10 "right now" (also 8C too I am very curious about it) but as an owner of SE5way, I can definitely say it is also in the usual suspects.

When you go this level in ciems, the highest of high, it boils down to sound signature and presentation preferences mostly. I am sure all of them performs at very high level but at the end which ones will suit your preferences, that's the point.

Thanks for the reply!

The preferences are simple: balanced, non-fatiguing, engaging (e.g. musical). Separation between bass/mid/high so that "each not invading others' territory"  is also critical 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back