Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 17, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #6,556 of 36,057
And if you're itching to upgrade to the very pineapple of the iem market there is also these:
Forever21-Pineapple-Dream-earphones.jpg

LOL maybe that'll put a stop to the mrs buying me copious amounts of pineapple juice :D:D

Nov 17, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #6,558 of 36,057
Nov 17, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #6,559 of 36,057
  Might want to pinch the 2 prongs together (slightly) to get them to stay in a little better.

Thanks, but I think I was unclear. My issue is that I can get the pins to sit in the sockets about 1mm in, but there's still about 3mm of gold pins exposed on both sides so it's not a secure connection, but they won't go any further with normal amounts of pressure.

Does anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: just confirming that they ARE the correct JH / UM / old Westone type 2-pin and look the same as the pins on the noble cable except that I noticed the Noble pins are slightly rounded at the tips

Nov 17, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #6,560 of 36,057

Thanks, but I think I was unclear. My issue is that I can get the pins to sit in the sockets about 1mm in, but there's still about 3mm of gold pins exposed on both sides so it's not a secure connection, but they won't go any further with normal amounts of pressure.

Does anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: just confirming that they ARE the correct JH / UM / old Westone type 2-pin and look the same as the pins on the noble cable except that I noticed the Noble pins are slightly rounded at the tips

The pins may be of the same style, but the specs of the pins themselves may be different. Not everyone sources their pins from the same supplier and therefore there may be some variation in length, diameter, etc...

Nov 17, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #6,565 of 36,057

The pins may be of the same style, but the specs of the pins themselves may be different. Not everyone sources their pins from the same supplier and therefore there may be some variation in length, diameter, etc...

Ok. Thanks Brannan. Maybe I can file these down a hair.

Just thought I'd send a shot of how my DHC fusion fits.  Do you have the same connectors?  The connector casing is not flush with the iem, but it's good and tight and I haven't had any problems so far.

Nov 17, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #6,566 of 36,057
Just thought I'd send a shot of how my DHC fusion fits.  Do you have the same connectors?  The connector casing is not flush with the iem, but it's good and tight and I haven't had any problems so far.

be careful with those pins it is prone to breaking.i have a dhc fussion,i think they share the same pins.if they do,i think they are longer than usual westone pins.

Nov 17, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #6,568 of 36,057
Thanks, fiascogarcia. The connectors do look the same, but they're so tight!!

I'm going to try some filing in a second hopefully to ease the fit just enough

Just take it real slowly mate, file the pins down fractionally. Slow and steady will win this race.

Nov 17, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #6,569 of 36,057
We hope everyone had a great weekend and even better Monday! Up to the plate today is Wizard's take on the renowned Union Jack.​
 ​
A more abstract interpretation, the colors here have been inverted such that (pearlescent) white is the primary color, while blue and red are secondary colors. Black/white accents are used to spice things up a bit while Laguna Seca blue detailing finishes things off.​
 ​
We've got some really gorgeous pieces lined up this week, be sure to stay tuned!​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

Nov 17, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #6,570 of 36,057
Just take it real slowly mate, file the pins down fractionally. Slow and steady will win this race.

Yeah - potential disaster zone!!

God news, though - after some gentle (and realistically ineffectual) filing, I tried the right connector and happened to use some gentle forward / backward rocking and it slipped in slowly but surely. Tried the left side with no filing, just rocking and it's in. The difference is subtle but brilliant with the DHC Symbiote (can't remember the exact name, but it's a pure copper litz)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back