Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Aug 31, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #5,373 of 36,066
Reading this thread after placing a custom order is dangerous. I thought I was set on my design, but then I keep seeing awesome examples of other people's designs and of course the Wizard designs too... I'm trying really hard to not email Brannan with more design questions / changes.

Current plans are the ubiquitous amber with gold for shells and tips, solid white faceplates and gold leaf logo, but I'm loving some of the blue designs I've seen and the glow in the dark logos look great too. I originally wanted something a bit subtle, but each step of the way I'm swayed... amber/gold shells first so I thought "I'll get a white faceplate" then I was chatting to Brannan and he suggested the gold leaf logo to tie in with the gold in the shells and bam! I'm back to having something a bit flash again
confused.gif
 Don't get me wrong - I love the design he helped me with and can't thank Brannan enough for his patience and assistance, but it's a one time big decision which I got slightly wrong with my Miracles and never really loved the results.

Aug 31, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #5,374 of 36,066
Reading this thread after placing a custom order is dangerous. I thought I was set on my design, but then I keep seeing awesome examples of other people's designs and of course the Wizard designs too... I'm trying really hard to not email Brannan with more design questions / changes.

Current plans are the ubiquitous amber with gold for shells and tips, solid white faceplates and gold leaf logo, but I'm loving some of the blue designs I've seen and the glow in the dark logos look great too. I originally wanted something a bit subtle, but each step of the way I'm swayed... amber/gold shells first so I thought "I'll get a white faceplate" then I was chatting to Brannan and he suggested the gold leaf logo to tie in with the gold in the shells and bam! I'm back to having something a bit flash again :confused:  Don't get me wrong - I love the design he helped me with and can't thank Brannan enough for his patience and assistance, but it's a one time big decision which I got slightly wrong with my Miracles and never really loved the results.

I must have looked at the gallery of this thread a hundred times before I bit the bullet and picked a color and general design. Having done that, you still don't know what you'll get till you see the pics they send you on completion! It's all fun and exciting though! And don't forget, they sound pretty sweet too!! All the designs look cool and special.

Aug 31, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #5,375 of 36,066
  Current plans are the ubiquitous amber with gold for shells and tips, solid white faceplates and gold leaf logo, but I'm loving some of the blue designs I've seen and the glow in the dark logos look great too. I originally wanted something a bit subtle, but each step of the way I'm swayed... amber/gold shells first so I thought "I'll get a white faceplate" then I was ...

Stick with the whit faceplate. Enjoy fanciness on Wizards instagram page and relaxe looking at your classic design.
Thinking this way helped we settle with and appreciate my classic amber to wood set :wink:

Aug 31, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #5,376 of 36,066

Stick with the whit faceplate. Enjoy fanciness on Wizards instagram page and relaxe looking at your classic design.
Thinking this way helped we settle with and appreciate my classic amber to wood set :wink:

I must have looked at the gallery of this thread a hundred times before I bit the bullet and picked a color and general design. Having done that, you still don't know what you'll get till you see the pics they send you on completion! It's all fun and exciting though! And don't forget, they sound pretty sweet too!! All the designs look cool and special.

Thanks both! Bechti, if that's what's in your avatar pic they look amazing!

Aug 31, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #5,377 of 36,066
Despite it being a long weekend, we are toiling away here at Noble. Pictured is a fresh set of Wizard-designed Kaiser 10, appropriately colored in observance of Labor Day, headed to Japan. 

Red, white, and blue pirouette together against handsome dark navy blue shells with red accents throughout. Silver nugget that has been broken into even smaller pieces than normal is added on the finish.

Stay Noble, my friends.
 ​
 ​

Sep 1, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #5,378 of 36,066

Current plans are the ubiquitous amber with gold for shells and tips, solid white faceplates and gold leaf logo, but I'm loving some of the blue designs I've seen and the glow in the dark logos look great too. I originally wanted something a bit subtle, but each step of the way I'm swayed... amber/gold shells first so I thought "I'll get a white faceplate" then I was chatting to Brannan and he suggested the gold leaf logo to tie in with the gold in the shells and bam! I'm back to having something a bit flash again :confused:  Don't get me wrong - I love the design he helped me with and can't thank Brannan enough for his patience and assistance, but it's a one time big decision which I got slightly wrong with my Miracles and never really loved the results.

This is the only reason , to preserve my sanity , the only thing I've emailed Brannan is I" like colors " . Finger crossed

Sep 1, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #5,379 of 36,066
This is the only reason , to preserve my sanity , the only thing I've emailed Brannan is I" like colors " . Finger crossed

LOL - wise approach!!

Since my last post, I've emailed poor Brannan again with more design questions. Just after sending it off I saw a picture of a CIEM with white faceplate and thought "that looks great!" so I'm probably being paranoid and need to calm down, but I guess I can just have this one final round of discussion and then settle into my design and enjoy the wait.

Sep 1, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #5,380 of 36,066

... then settle into my design and enjoy the wait.

Not sure the wait is enjoyable
biggrin.gif

I've stayed away from the forums as seeing great looking ciems in this thread was too much!
My wait if nearly over, so now I am getting excited at the wizard design; apprehensive too, that I will like it
atsmile.gif

Sep 1, 2014 at 5:45 AM Post #5,381 of 36,066

LOL - wise approach!!

Since my last post, I've emailed poor Brannan again with more design questions. Just after sending it off I saw a picture of a CIEM with white faceplate and thought "that looks great!" so I'm probably being paranoid and need to calm down, but I guess I can just have this one final round of discussion and then settle into my design and enjoy the wait.

I cured myself with another purchase of an amp. go buy stuff or kill some ants.   I know the exact feeling you have 
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 1, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #5,384 of 36,066

Yes, thanks, and the funny thing, I was still continuously thinking "what if I had gold nuggets etc"... you see my point there's always a different option, but there's no better or worse :wink: 

Yours are classic in the plain amber.  The wood grain easily stands on it's own! That's what I did in plain dark blue, I figured the faceplates were bling enough.  Plus, I kind of like looking through at all those fabulous drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back