Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Aug 13, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #5,176 of 36,042
Beautifull, very nice.
My K-10 sound amazing in combo with the Hugo.

My focus now is on cables, would love to hear some advice from the forum members.

Aug 13, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #5,178 of 36,042
My K-10 sound amazing in combo with the Hugo.

My focus now is on cables, would love to hear some advice from the forum members.

I'm still undecided between the Hugo and the AK's (AK120II and AK240). 
I hope the K10 will make the decision easier. With my SE846 the Hugo is unbeatable, but that might be due to the higher output impedance of the AK compared with the Hugo (2-3 Ω > 0.x Ω)...

Aug 13, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #5,179 of 36,042
 I'm curious what it looks like :-D

There you go... Those puppies have been delayed by customs, so I have to wait 2 more days... hope they'll make it before the weekend =)

Still I think with gold nuggets they would be more special, on the other hand I didn't want to wait for a re-built!
I'm getting more and more undecicive with every new version from the Wizard. I guess today I would pick a Wizard Design with Maple and Blue Gold cosmetic powder =) 

[Edit: It was the 10 post limitation which prevented me to post pictures earlier]

Aug 13, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #5,180 of 36,042
Not wishing to quote with pictures, but those look stunning.  Bet those 2 days are going to seem like an eternity...

Aug 13, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #5,182 of 36,042

There you go... Those puppies have been delayed by customs, so I have to wait 2 more days... hope they'll make it before the weekend =)

Still I think with gold nuggets they would be more special, on the other hand I didn't want to wait for a re-built!
I'm getting more and more undecicive with every new version of the Wizard. I guess today I would pick a Wizard Design with Maple and Blue Gold cosmetic powder =) 

[Edit: It was the 10 post limitation which prevented me to post pictures earlier]

Those wooden designs are beautiful. Hope you don't mind my copying an image b/c I may want to choose it as my design. Is that okay?

Aug 13, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #5,183 of 36,042
I am strongly considering buying the LH Geek Wave XD128 when it becomes available and I have and am enjoying the X5 now. I am also planning to purchase the K10 in November but I'm wondering whether I should order the K10 with balanced cable components.
Now, if I wind up though, not with the XD128 b/c the predicted product did not come about for some reason, but rather with the X7 later on without, say,  balanced output design, my guess is that maybe I should opt for unbalanced for the K10 since I could use the XD128 unbalanced by choice.

You see, I'm planning to order the K10 first, so I am wondering if there's any way around this dilemma. I ask b/c I don't know very much about balanced vs. not balanced. I just know, basically, that balanced is more complex but may offer better sound quality. I also perceive that there are extra wire connections for balanced that would change the outputs on the K10, correct?
I think, based on what I know now, that once I order one way or the other, that I'll be stuck with whichever I choose and to change it, I would have to get the K10 re-shelled if I later want balanced.
Can anyone offer another view on this?

Aug 13, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #5,184 of 36,042
Begged them to take care picking the wood... It payd off
wink.gif
and yes two days are unbearable
wink.gif

I think I like them better without the nuggets.  They exude class and elegance!  But I'm an old man talking!

Aug 13, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #5,185 of 36,042
I am strongly considering buying the LH Geek Wave XD128 when it becomes available and I have and am enjoying the X5 now. I am also planning to purchase the K10 in November but I'm wondering whether I should order the K10 with balanced cable components.
Now, if I wind up though, not with the XD128 b/c the predicted product did not come about for some reason, but rather with the X7 later on without, say,  balanced output design, my guess is that maybe I should opt for unbalanced for the K10 since I could use the XD128 unbalanced by choice.

You see, I'm planning to order the K10 first, so I am wondering if there's any way around this dilemma. I ask b/c I don't know very much about balanced vs. not balanced. I just know, basically, that balanced is more complex but may offer better sound quality. I also perceive that there are extra wire connections for balanced that would change the outputs on the K10, correct?
I think, based on what I know now, that once I order one way or the other, that I'll be stuck with whichever I choose and to change it, I would have to get the K10 re-shelled if I later want balanced.

All you need is a change of cable to get balanced mate. With a balanced cable you'll be able to playoff balanced sources, to play on unbalanced sources, get an adaptor and you'll be fine.

You can't do it the other way around tho

Aug 13, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #5,186 of 36,042
All you need is a change of cable to get balanced mate. With a balanced cable you'll be able to playoff balanced sources, to play on unbalanced sources, get an adaptor and you'll be fine.

Or just order an extra cable when u order the k10

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Aug 13, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #5,187 of 36,042

Thank you for responding to my question about balanced/unbalanced. I have been wondering about this subject for some time, having heard about them as long as I've been on this site, which is almost 4 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back