Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Aug 12, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #5,161 of 36,042
Hey all!

I got my hands on a Noble 6 today and i can say im quite happy with them.

What surprised me though was how good the Noble 6 sounds with the noble cable (which ofc is a great cable all on its own) as i tried a few other after market cable i have available and found the noble cable to sound most natural and best by a good margin.

So i was curious as to what some of you have tried and the results you guys have had with aftermarket cables.

Id love any thoughts and inputs!

I'm going to try a silver litz when I get mine, but I believe Dr. Moulton, earlier in this thread, did mention that their iem's are tuned and tested with the stock cable, so I guess it makes sense.  I think the stock is an SPC, correct?

Aug 12, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #5,162 of 36,042
  I'm going to try a silver litz when I get mine, but I believe Dr. Moulton, earlier in this thread, did mention that their iem's are tuned and tested with the stock cable, so I guess it makes sense.  I think the stock is an SPC, correct?

I think its supposed to be what the Heir Magnus cable was...

Aug 12, 2014 at 3:39 AM Post #5,165 of 36,042
  Hi all,

I am quite new here, although I have read all messages in this forum as well as the complete Hugo forum. I decided to take the step and gave myself a Chord Hugo and the Noble Audio K-10 Wizard design. Until recently I've enjoyed a Denon H-D5000 though a FIIO Alpen, which sounded great, until I heard the new combo. WHAT A SOUND!!!

I also would like to mention the excellent service I experienced through Brannan as well as through Calvin from Music Sanctuary in Singapore.

Below you'll find some pictures although from a poor quality, taken on my holidays when I've just received the K-10's.
Will see whether I can upload some better ones soon.

The cable I've received had a bad connection on the left channel and guess what, when contacting Brannan, no problem, within a couple of days I received a new cable. Where do you find such a service nowadays?

I'm enjoying every minute of the Hugo-K-10 combo, the bass is so direct and punchy and everything sounds so clear, it's amazing!!

Thank you Dr. Moulton, Brannan and everybody at Noble, especially the Duchess, which I have put, I guess under a lot of pressure, again apologies for that, but I was like a little kid wanted to have his toy (I guess that counts for the most of us).

Also special thanks for Calvin from Music Sanctuary, people in Singapore or Malaysia who are thinking of a CIEM, don't hesitate to contact Calvin, you won't be sorry. 

*photos of K10*

I am happy that you are enjoying your Kaiser 10 happily now!

Aug 13, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #5,170 of 36,042
Ah, that sounds reasonable... But then I will have to involve myself more :wink:

I'm really curious about the K10 because I couldn't demo it before my purchase. Coming from Shure SE535, SE846, AKG k3003, I only tried JH demos (JH 13, 16, Roxanne) and preferred the SE846. However the SE846 sounds best with the Hugo and I would like to find a better match for my AK120ii (and soon AK240), because the Hugo is to big when I'm traveling. The 8-9Ohm of the SE846 is not the best with the AKs.

Reading the reviews here made me think the K10 is exactly what I'm after, in the other hand I'm glad I didn't purchased the JH Roxanne despite the good reviews (I foundation it sounded muddy, as if someone closed the curtain in front Of the band)... I will see, and tell you :wink:

Aug 13, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #5,175 of 36,042

The Wizard raises the bar yet again with these abstract and (appropriately) festive Kaiser 10.

On that HUGE bombshell, have a fabulous Friday and very relaxing weekend boys and girls.
 ​

these beauties are mine. they are actually really small since i have tiny ears. i dont wish to pass judgement on sound quality since they are less than 24 hours old at this point, but i think they are quite the genre master. 

A special thanks to Brannan for helping me when i was fretting about delivery times and my general indecisiveness

Users who are viewing this thread

Back