Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Aug 8, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #5,146 of 36,042
Two questions to those of you who have 4C's:

1. Are you using the default cable or have you started using something else? I love the cable in terms of build quality and the fact that it never tangles, but those memory wires...

2. What do you use as your AMP(/DAC)? I'm using a Leckerton UHA-6s MK.ii and it definitely fills out the sounds. No coloration, just more. There's a noticeable difference between, say, my iPhone and my Leckerton.

I'm using the same things except with my laptop through usb.  I do use it with my sansa sport while doing exercising.  
smily_headphones1.gif

How are you liking them?

Aug 8, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #5,148 of 36,042
Loving them. My one concern going in on the 4C was bass, whether or not it would be present enough. At this point I'd say the bass is fantastic. It's never too much and on tracks what it should be present it sounds like a sub in my head.

Ya exactly my finding.  From what I've read, the K10 and the 4C sound quite similar, with the exception of a little more bass from what I understood. I might be wrong I haven't read through the impressions in a while.  

Aug 8, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #5,149 of 36,042
Ya exactly my finding.  From what I've read, the K10 and the 4C sound quite similar, with the exception of a little more bass from what I understood. I might be wrong I haven't read through the impressions in a while.  

To my ears the 4C is a grown-up 4.A. It's figured out what it's trying to be and it's been doing it long enough to have really be good at it. I actually prefer it's bass to my 8.A because the 8.A seemed to push a bit more bass into a song that was necessarily there. The 4C doesn't, it just gives it to you in spades when it's supposed to and then doesn't when it's not.

I love accurate headphones...

Seriously, this thing is my HE-500 in-ear. Only area my HE-500 beats my 4C when both are driven correctly is the HE-500 has a better sound stage. Then, it is an open-backed planar magnetic. So... Yeah. Expected that.

Aug 9, 2014 at 3:49 AM Post #5,150 of 36,042
In true Noble fashion, here are some photos to help usher in the weekend.

This particular design has been given the name "The Matrix" for its geometric array of hexagons. Why yes, that is Aluminum.

We are represented at two events this weekend, the LA Head-Fi meet and the Hong Kong Hi-Fi show. Stop by if you are in the area and if not, we will see you next week!
 ​
 ​

Aug 11, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #5,153 of 36,042
The Wizard is swirling his magic dust =)

I'd like to see more combinations of this technique and wood, like the blue gold maple one!!

My K10 was sent today, can't wait to receive it, getting overwhelmed with all the great iems here I just picked a reprint of one of the early Wizard designs (I think it was even one the Wizard did for Heir Audio), wanted to beef it up with gold nuggets, but for some reasons the gold nuggets didn't made it in my K10, in the end it looks more classic this way :wink: :)

Aug 11, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #5,154 of 36,042
The Wizard is swirling his magic dust =)

I'd like to see more combinations of this technique and wood, like the blue gold maple one!!

My K10 was sent today, can't wait to receive it, getting overwhelmed with all the great iems here I just picked a reprint of one of the early Wizard designs (I think it was even one the Wizard did for Heir Audio), wanted to beef it up with gold nuggets, but for some reasons the gold nuggets didn't made it in my K10, in the end it looks more classic this way
wink.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm curious what it looks like :-D

Aug 11, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #5,156 of 36,042
Hi all,

I am quite new here, although I have read all messages in this forum as well as the complete Hugo forum. I decided to take the step and gave myself a Chord Hugo and the Noble Audio K-10 Wizard design. Until recently I've enjoyed a Denon H-D5000 though a FIIO Alpen, which sounded great, until I heard the new combo. WHAT A SOUND!!!

I also would like to mention the excellent service I experienced through Brannan as well as through Calvin from Music Sanctuary in Singapore.

Below you'll find some pictures although from a poor quality, taken on my holidays when I've just received the K-10's.
Will see whether I can upload some better ones soon.

The cable I've received had a bad connection on the left channel and guess what, when contacting Brannan, no problem, within a couple of days I received a new cable. Where do you find such a service nowadays?

I'm enjoying every minute of the Hugo-K-10 combo, the bass is so direct and punchy and everything sounds so clear, it's amazing!!

Thank you Dr. Moulton, Brannan and everybody at Noble, especially the Duchess, which I have put, I guess under a lot of pressure, again apologies for that, but I was like a little kid wanted to have his toy (I guess that counts for the most of us).

Also special thanks for Calvin from Music Sanctuary, people in Singapore or Malaysia who are thinking of a CIEM, don't hesitate to contact Calvin, you won't be sorry. 

Aug 11, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #5,160 of 36,042
Hey all!

I got my hands on a Noble 6 today and i can say im quite happy with them.

What surprised me though was how good the Noble 6 sounds with the noble cable (which ofc is a great cable all on its own) as i tried a few other after market cable i have available and found the noble cable to sound most natural and best by a good margin.

So i was curious as to what some of you have tried and the results you guys have had with aftermarket cables.

Id love any thoughts and inputs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back