Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
May 21, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #4,217 of 36,135
May 22, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #4,220 of 36,135
@tupac0306 Amazing effort at quantifying CIEMS performance! This is gonna spark a lot of debate haha...
So the K10 does not score so good in vocals, dynamics and transparency... I thought these were its strengths. 

May 22, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #4,221 of 36,135
@tupac0306
 Amazing effort at quantifying CIEMS performance! This is gonna spark a lot of debate haha...
So the K10 does not score so good in vocals, dynamics and transparency... I thought these were its strengths. 

I think the key strength is overall tonal balance.

May 22, 2014 at 1:58 AM Post #4,222 of 36,135
I don't find these kinds of charts useful for prospective buyers without some explanation as to how the numbers were arrived at, especially when differences between models are sometimes 1 or 2 percent. Can anybody honestly hear a 1 percent difference in any facet of any piece of gear? I know the human ear can detect small changes in dB level, but human perception of the degree of change is unreliable. Also, knowing what music was used and whether or not the same music was used for each evaluation would shed some more light on this. I think |joker| does a pretty good job when it comes to thorough reviews of CIEMs, but that's just my own bias.

May 22, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #4,223 of 36,135
@tupac0306
 Amazing effort at quantifying CIEMS performance! This is gonna spark a lot of debate haha...

This is also just one persons view. The comparison is a useful starting point. One would never buy something, off just one persons tastes. No disrespect to tupac.:D

May 22, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #4,224 of 36,135
I'm wondering what the differences are between resolution, micro-detail, and transparency...will have to consult the head-fi glossary of terms...

May 22, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #4,226 of 36,135
I have a hard time calling a table of numbers with no explanation an opinion.

May 22, 2014 at 3:03 AM Post #4,228 of 36,135
I certainly don't take it as gospel, but newer members might. Thus, I feel no remorse for sharing my opinion. I did go OT, which is very un-Dude, so I'm done commenting on this.
Awaiting more pics of Wizard builds....

May 22, 2014 at 4:35 AM Post #4,229 of 36,135
The chart is totally my opinion and in my own experience. It's only for a brief comparison. I know it means probably nothing since it does not talk about any sound signature, performance and so on. I did have a massive review with it. Sadly I don't think I will be able to translate it (and not interested in it either) One thing for sure. I am not biased to ANY company. This is truly what I hear. Well...maybe a little biased to Roxanne. I still can't believe how bad it sounds (to my ears) as a newest flagship...:p once after a while, I was able to convince myself to give it one more chance.. But I just couldn't keep them in my ears for more than 10 minutes before I gave up again.

May 22, 2014 at 7:11 AM Post #4,230 of 36,135
Here is a Noble Audio exclusive announcement for the Head-Fi community:-

Chord Electronics will be releasing a case(s) for the Hugo towards the end of July.

There will be four models available in two designs... the cases have been designed by Mr John Franks.

The first case design features a carry-handle and is available in Black or Natural-Brown leather.

The second design features a shoulder-strap and is also available in Black or Natural-Brown leather.

There are no photo's available at present when they're available they will be forthcoming... there Hugo, the cat is out of the bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back