Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Apr 10, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #3,376 of 36,040
Hmm, I'm guessing a belt buckle that doubles as a cable and storage. 
blink.gif

Apr 10, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #3,377 of 36,040
How many different kinds of balanced terminations are there?

A lot of them.. not infinite though..

I like Moon-Audio's approach very much.. the headphones are wired in "balanced mode" and you have a "adapter pack".. short cables with balanced mini xlr in one end that fits the main cable, and different balanced and single ended plugs in the other end. Works perfectly!

http://www.moon-audio.com/moon-audio-silver-dragon-v1-iem-extension-adapter-cable.html

Apr 10, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #3,379 of 36,040
A lot of them.. not infinite though..

I like Moon-Audio's approach very much.. the headphones are wired in "balanced mode" and you have a "adapter pack".. short cables with balanced mini xlr in one end that fits the main cable, and different balanced and single ended plugs in the other end. Works perfectly!

http://www.moon-audio.com/moon-audio-silver-dragon-v1-iem-extension-adapter-cable.html

I use those very same quick connect cables from Moon Audio, I go from 2.5 mm for my AK-240, then switch to 1/4 on the same cable. Very practical..

Apr 10, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #3,380 of 36,040
How many different kinds of balanced terminations are there?

Too many! 4-pin XLR, dual 3-pin XLR, Kobiconn 4-pin (the square types commonly referred to as RSA), the 2.5 mm TRRS...and those are just some of  more common types seen with consumer headphone and amp gear. The Kobiconn wasn't even originally used for audio, but Ray Samuels and ALO use it to good effect in their portable amps. Professional gear and legacy equipment, lighting, power...even just the XLR connector has many variations.

Apr 10, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #3,382 of 36,040
After using my K10s on and off I'm left perplexed by my left earpiece's fit. Like it sounds a bit more muffled than my right whenever I insert it fully. When I pull on my earlobe a bit it sounds like everything becomes unblocked and everything comes through. I hope this is just me putting them in wrong and not a fit issue.

Apr 10, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #3,383 of 36,040
  After using my K10s on and off I'm left perplexed by my left earpiece's fit. Like it sounds a bit more muffled than my right whenever I insert it fully. When I pull on my earlobe a bit it sounds like everything becomes unblocked and everything comes through. I hope this is just me putting them in wrong and not a fit issue.

I had a similar issue when I first received my K10s, but I think in my case is was partly due to having a cold at the time. Sometimes I can just pop in both the right and left side perfectly. Once in a while, though, I may have to gently twist the left side back a forth once or twice to get it seated properly, since my left ear canal has a bit of a kink. The first time I tried them, I had to do the same earlobe tug. If I insert them from a higher angle (not just straight in) and give them a slight twist, they go in perfectly on the first try.

The only other thing I'd be aware of is, ahem, ear wax.

Apr 10, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #3,384 of 36,040

You might have the same issue I have had with some IEM's - I have a pretty severe turn in my ears - that's why I often have to have a shallow fit with some universal IEM's - the audio fires at a sharp angle and can be muffled. I can't get even small IEM's like Er-4PT or VC02's to go deep because of that turn. Customs have helped in this respect, but you could be in a situation where the bores are angled oddly and the sound isn't entering your canal evenly.

I don't know if this example shows it well enough, but it is a tight corner...

Apr 10, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #3,385 of 36,040

If you conclude it is a fit issue, let us know and we can work on re-fitting it for you. Sounds like a number of other things could be going on though.

Apr 10, 2014 at 9:26 PM Post #3,386 of 36,040

Please send photos of them inserted in your ears

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Apr 11, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #3,387 of 36,040
Quote:

These arrived safely last Friday (delivery only took 2 days) and I've been in love with them since.  I really love the purple with silver nuggets design.  Rather than doing a re-print, I asked the guys at Noble to take the original design and get me something slightly different, yet retaining the original flavor.  They really delivered on that and I love the faceplate.  The fit is perfect as is the finish.

I haven't touched any other of my iems (1plus2, MH335, Roxanne universal, Shure 846) since last Friday.

Looking forward to getting another set from them just for the awesome look!  (maybe when they have a sale...)

Apr 11, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #3,389 of 36,040

These arrived safely last Friday (delivery only took 2 days) and I've been in love with them since.  I really love the purple with silver nuggets design.  Rather than doing a re-print, I asked the guys at Noble to take the original design and get me something slightly different, yet retaining the original flavor.  They really delivered on that and I love the faceplate.  The fit is perfect as is the finish.

I haven't touched any other of my iems (1plus2, MH335, Roxanne universal, Shure 846) since last Friday.

Looking forward to getting another set from them just for the awesome look!  (maybe when they have a sale...)

How do these compare to 1plus2? Up until now, I haven't heard an IEM that beats the 1plus2 in terms of imaging/soundstage and bass tightness/speed. Would love to hear how you feel they compare. 

Thanks!

Apr 11, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #3,390 of 36,040
Noble dudes, you sent me the pictures of my IEMs last Saturday but I haven't received the confirmation email saying it's been posted, is that normal? Not sure what usually happens here.

Did you send them confirmation that you are happy with the design? In the emails they sent me, they asked if I was happy with them before sending them out. If you've done that already, then not sure what the delay would be.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back