Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Apr 8, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #3,271 of 36,062
How come every time I finally decide what to buy Noble comes out with something new (secret).

Look at it as a blessing. What if they stopped making Ice Cream after Vanilla and Chocolate?
wink_face.gif

Apr 8, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #3,275 of 36,062

What kind of connecting pins do the K-10 have?

I'm thinking of whether the Toxic Cables would give them a huge upgrade in terms of SQ.

They are the standard 2 pin. I've been using the Toxic Cables Silver Widow for a few weeks now. I wouldn't say it's a huge upgrade over the stock cable in terms of SQ, but it's probably more durable and looks more striking. It is a lot heavier and thicker than the stock cable. 

In terms of SQ, I would agree on how a silver cable is described. It adds more shimmer to the highs, and brings out a bit more detail but I didn't find it hampers the bass much (if at all). In terms of soundstage, I'm not sure, as I've never really been one to notice it in an IEM. 

I would say the SW, while not essential is the finishing touch/ full stop to my portable rig. 

Apr 8, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #3,276 of 36,062
What kind of connecting pins do the K-10 have?

I'm thinking of whether the Toxic Cables would give them a huge upgrade in terms of SQ.

There probably won't be that much improvement. The stock cable is very good. I do have a custom balanced cable for my K10s, and running them balanced off my HiFi M8 opens up the soundstage and seems to tease out small details and instrument decay better. Sorensim has written a fair amount about this as well.

Apr 8, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #3,277 of 36,062
  They are the standard 2 pin. I've been using the Toxic Cables Silver Widow for a few weeks now. I wouldn't say it's a huge upgrade over the stock cable in terms of SQ, but it's probably more durable and looks more striking. It is a lot heavier and thicker than the stock cable. 

In terms of SQ, I would agree on how a silver cable is described. It adds more shimmer to the highs, and brings out a bit more detail but I didn't find it hampers the bass much (if at all). In terms of soundstage, I'm not sure, as I've never really been one to notice it in an IEM. 

I would say the SW, while not essential is the finishing touch/ full stop to my portable rig. 

Ahh.. I see. Thanks for the useful info.

Right now, I'm deciding on my next TOTL CIEM, which is either a Fitear model, K-10, or LS-10.

The K-10s would be a great option, as the designs for it are nothing short of breathtaking, to go with its stellar SQ.

Apr 8, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #3,279 of 36,062

Ahh.. I see. Thanks for the useful info.

Right now, I'm deciding on my next TOTL CIEM, which is either a Fitear model, K-10, or LS-10.

The K-10s would be a great option, as the designs for it are nothing short of breathtaking, to go with its stellar SQ.

After market cables can be quite polarizing. While I don't notice a huge difference, others might do. I went with the SW due to its looks, and to make me less shallow, the craftsmanship and overall build quality. Values it shares with the K10 
biggrin.gif

I've not heard other TOTL CIEMS. The K10 was my first CIEM and a big jump into the unknown. Luckily, I struck gold and even after 4-5 months I've no desire to upgrade. 

Apr 8, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #3,280 of 36,062
Thanks so much for the recommendation. I would be very pleased to hear from anyone interested in my impression taking services. Please check me out on my website aid2hearing.co.uk for details and offer flexible times for appointments.

say Hi to Giselle people... she we be assisting us getting quality ear-impressions taken in the UK (London & SE)... feel free to contact Giselle in the first instance or we can arrange things for you.

Apr 8, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #3,282 of 36,062
Thanks so much for the recommendation. I would be very pleased to hear from anyone interested in my impression taking services. Please check me out on my website aid2hearing.co.uk for details and offer flexible times for appointments.

Hi Giselle. Welcome aboard. 
biggrin.gif

say Hi to Giselle people... she we be assisting us getting quality ear-impressions taken in the UK (London & SE)... feel free to contact Giselle in the first instance or we can arrange things for you.

Is this just ear-impressions? Will it be expanded upon later to include things like impression verification and shipping? Would be convenient. 
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #3,285 of 36,062

We have a distributor in Vietnam, you should encourage him to help arrange it. We are still waiting for them to purchase universals from us, anyways.

HEADWORLD AUDIO

34 Hoa Su Street
Ward 2
Phu Nhuan District

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

+84 (0) 1212238996
headworldaudio@gmail.com
http://www.headworldaudio.com
http://www.headworldaudio.com/

Thanks, but I've driven by this address and it doesn't look like a shop that is being properly run. Perhaps they are focusing their efforts on web-based sales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back