Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 3, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #1,893 of 36,040
Has anyone tried any aftermarket cables with their noble k10? Looking for recommendations to bring it up a notch

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #1,894 of 36,040
Has anyone tried any aftermarket cables with their noble k10? Looking for recommendations to bring it up a notch

Using twag v2 gold from whiplash.
Added a bit of sweetness to the mid and the highs are silky. The bass is tighten.

Feb 3, 2014 at 2:12 AM Post #1,895 of 36,040

I made one this weekend:

Doesn't change the tonality but seems to have given them some more room to breathe. It's made from "28 AWG 7N Pure UP-OCC Stranded Silver Plated Copper" - or SPC for short. The Noble cable is SPC as well, but a lot thinner and a hell of a lot more flexible.

Feb 3, 2014 at 3:48 AM Post #1,896 of 36,040

Been using DHC Fusion. Beautiful and lush, while enhancing both top and bottom ends

Feb 4, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #1,902 of 36,040
  These cable names are very creative...

These cable names are very creative...pretentious!
cool.gif

The mark-up on cables is outrageous, so we shouldn't be surprised by the pretentious monikers bestowed upon them.

Any MOT objecting to my viewpoint...well... no personal offence intended, but I stand by the above remark, nonetheless.

Feb 4, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #1,903 of 36,040
These cable names are very creative...pretentious! :cool:

The mark-up on cables is outrageous, so we shouldn't be surprised by the pretentious monikers bestowed upon them.

Any MOT objecting to my viewpoint...well... no personal offence intended, but I stand by the above remark, nonetheless.

Well...I completely agree with you. I'm looking for a silver cable with a balanced plug for my 8c, but I just can't bring myself to cash in 300$ For this...,

Feb 4, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #1,905 of 36,040
  If progressive/hard rock is your main choice of music and what you spend the most time with then I will say the Noble 4 would be my preference vs. the N6. There's a bit more aggressiveness in the upper midrange and treble, leaner or lower level of mid/upper bass. Overall more flatter sounding which I personally feel suits this particular genre(s) better. Others may very likely disagree.. I'm not a significant listener of progressive rock/hard rock, although I probably have at least 300-400 albums of what I consider the most significant progressive/hard rock releases in my possession but my experienced may still be flawed. Could you name a handful of artists/albums that you really prefer within these genres and my answer could be more precise and maybe more helpful..

Missed this, but it's just the usual suspects.  Bands such as Magnum, Marillion, Pendragon, Camel, Mostly Autumn, Transatlantic and so on and so forth.  High on talent, low on recording skills (due to budget sadly, though it's gotten better lately!).  Anything with a bit of melody basically. 

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back