Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jan 22, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #1,667 of 36,110
  I would love to see a blue version of the amber ones that Wiz has done with the flakes you can see inside. It would look badass if you could have trans blue color, then have the flakes look silver.

In all seriousness, that would look awesome and I would totally add a silver cable to it. 

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:10 AM Post #1,669 of 36,110
  The Comply Tx-400 I ordered arrived today and I can confirm they fit my Noble 4, it's a very tight fit to get them on however. I'm finding the seal is very good and isolation is pretty good too. They make the IEM sit slightly further out of my ear than the stock (large) foam tips but this doesn't seem to have any adverse affect on sound quality. All in all a good alternative to the stock foam tips (IMHO).

Would you say, that they are even harder to get on the nozzles than the blue silicon tips? I am not sure my temper can handle that. 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:33 AM Post #1,670 of 36,110
  Would you say, that they are even harder to get on the nozzles than the blue silicon tips? I am not sure my temper can handle that. 
rolleyes.gif

No, the blue tips are harder to fit. A couple of times I thought I might be doing some damage to the foam as I tried to get them on, but it seemed to be okay in the end.

Jan 22, 2014 at 3:35 AM Post #1,672 of 36,110

No, the blue tips are harder to fit. A couple of times I thought I mind be doing some damage to the foam as I tried to get them on, but it seemed to be okay in the end.

And the blue tips get easier to put on, the more times you engage in tip rolling 
smile.gif
 … mine have started to be, well, not EASY, but a lot LESS very-very-difficult-to-extremely-hard-to-nearly-impossibile to put on 
wink_face.gif
 ….

Yesterday evening I engaged in some more tip-rolling with the N6, trying to apply the same foam-padding mod that I described a while back re the blue tips to the red tips, then back to foam-padded blue tips, then to new complies, and fitting the blue tips was really not so bad… and in the end, to my ears, the complies by themselves still sound better, so I'm back to them (but everybody's ears are different, so it may be worth doing some exploring for those who do have some "expired" complies).

Jan 22, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #1,674 of 36,110

Just came across this from BARKS, would be an interesting read if someone can help translate (tried google translate but...)
http://www.barks.jp/gakki/news/?id=1000098897

8.Aのサウンドを初めて聞いた時の衝撃は今でも忘れないが、ここに来てまた聴いたことのないようなインパクトを持ったサウンドがKaiser 10からは飛び出してくる。完全に8.Aをアップデートした高品質サウンドだが、さて、この音色をどのように表現すればいいのか、未だうまい言葉が見つからない。「ものすごく濃厚」なのに「スッキリ」と響き、「強烈な低音」なのに「過多には聴こえず」、「超高域まで存分に出ている」のに「全くやかましくない」という、何だか初めてすぎる聴き応えで、そのサウンドの表現に戸惑っている状況だ。“ディープで非常に重いのだけど、雑味がなくフルーティーなためサラッと飲めてしまう超高級赤ワイン”のようなサウンドだ。

8.Aが強烈な低域を叩き出す個性派だったため、Kaiser 10はその延長上にあるのか、更に強化されているのか、それとも標準的なバランスに収められているのか、低域の出方がどういうキャラクターなのかも気になるところだと思うが、そんな簡単なことすら一言で伝えられないもどかしさがある。すごい低域の量と音圧があるのは紛れもない事実で、曲によっては8.AよりもKaiser 10の方が低域が出ているとすら思えるシーンもある。…のに、それを露骨に感じさせず、むしろ低域はさほどうるさくないと感じている自分がいる。この謎がわからない。

音場は異常に広く、各低位がはっきりしている。各サウンドのひとつひとつがクリアなことから、特に中域の表現力が飛躍的に向上している印象がある。ボーカルラインやメロディー楽器、音像を作り出している中域のリアリティに意識が引っ張られ、低域の主張から気が逸れているのかもしれない。

各帯域の出方が凄まじいのに、うっすらあっさりとすら感じさせてしまいそうなバランスがとにかく凄い。実際はかなり濃厚なサウンドなのだけれど息苦しさがなく、その見通しの良さがスッキリ感を感じさせてしまうようだ。中域の解像度は非常に高く、結果非常にクリアに耳に届く。そこからの印象で相対的に低域のインパクトや高域の主張が抑えられ、中庸なバランスに聞こえるのだろうか。しかし全体のサウンドはウォーム系で冷徹なクールサウンドではない。暖かく聞き疲れを全く起こさない人肌のトーンである。

Jan 22, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #1,675 of 36,110

Just came across this from BARKS, would be an interesting read if someone can help translate (tried google translate but...)
http://www.barks.jp/gakki/news/?id=1000098897

8.Aのサウンドを初めて聞いた時の衝撃は今でも忘れないが、ここに来てまた聴いたことのないようなインパクトを持ったサウンドがKaiser 10からは飛び出してくる。完全に8.Aをアップデートした高品質サウンドだが、さて、この音色をどのように表現すればいいのか、未だうまい言葉が見つからない。「ものすごく濃厚」なのに「スッキリ」と響き、「強烈な低音」なのに「過多には聴こえず」、「超高域まで存分に出ている」のに「全くやかましくない」という、何だか初めてすぎる聴き応えで、そのサウンドの表現に戸惑っている状況だ。“ディープで非常に重いのだけど、雑味がなくフルーティーなためサラッと飲めてしまう超高級赤ワイン”のようなサウンドだ。

8.Aが強烈な低域を叩き出す個性派だったため、Kaiser 10はその延長上にあるのか、更に強化されているのか、それとも標準的なバランスに収められているのか、低域の出方がどういうキャラクターなのかも気になるところだと思うが、そんな簡単なことすら一言で伝えられないもどかしさがある。すごい低域の量と音圧があるのは紛れもない事実で、曲によっては8.AよりもKaiser 10の方が低域が出ているとすら思えるシーンもある。…のに、それを露骨に感じさせず、むしろ低域はさほどうるさくないと感じている自分がいる。この謎がわからない。

音場は異常に広く、各低位がはっきりしている。各サウンドのひとつひとつがクリアなことから、特に中域の表現力が飛躍的に向上している印象がある。ボーカルラインやメロディー楽器、音像を作り出している中域のリアリティに意識が引っ張られ、低域の主張から気が逸れているのかもしれない。

各帯域の出方が凄まじいのに、うっすらあっさりとすら感じさせてしまいそうなバランスがとにかく凄い。実際はかなり濃厚なサウンドなのだけれど息苦しさがなく、その見通しの良さがスッキリ感を感じさせてしまうようだ。中域の解像度は非常に高く、結果非常にクリアに耳に届く。そこからの印象で相対的に低域のインパクトや高域の主張が抑えられ、中庸なバランスに聞こえるのだろうか。しかし全体のサウンドはウォーム系で冷徹なクールサウンドではない。暖かく聞き疲れを全く起こさない人肌のトーンである。

Would like to understand the full review of the kaiser10, Based on my kindergarten level of japanese, this review is praising the kaiser 10. 

Jan 22, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #1,676 of 36,110
I noticed people have mostly been ordering and talking about 4C, 6, or K10. Other than two reviews, I haven't seen much talk about the 8C. I guess it's understandable, since it's sort of at a weird place in the totem, where for less, you could just get the 4C, and for a little more, you could get the TOTL K10. However, I'm wondering if anyone has received theirs and would like to comment on how they compare to other CIEMs in the same price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back