Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 26, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #886 of 36,066

You know, I'm not a guy who believes that any one IEM or company is the best at SQ or performance for everyone, but you guys really take the crown (hehe) when it comes to aesthetics. It's almost like you guys put as much emphasis on design as on SQ. 
beerchug.gif

I've been listening to the N6 all day, and these things can be stupid good under certain conditions. I hesitate to say too much because I like to evaluate iems using similar tiered iems as a baseline. 

Dec 26, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #887 of 36,066
I don't like writing and don't think I know what I'm talking about, but I can give a few impressions of the Noble 4:

The soundstage on these is very nice, the clarity in the midrange sticks out to me the most in the sound signature and the upper midrange is probably my favorite part. The treble has plenty sparkle, but is neutral (although very present). These fall towards the middle on the smooth-agressive scale (leaning towards smooth). The bass is almost perfect for me, it doesn't stick out, but it performs very capably and is definitely not lacking. It's punchy, quick, and full enough for what the track brings. Overall, clear, neutral phone with natural bass, full and detailed mids, and pretty bright treble.

They hurt my ears though, but I blame my genetics. I was going to sell them, but after turning on the music, I decided otherwise. They're my favorite universals so far. :D

And like one of the posts above, I had to workout shortly after testing these and my exercise phones also sounded thin and congested in comparison.

Oh, my favorite tips are the double flanges, but the blue stemmed ones have the most comfort/sound value, so I use them!

Dec 26, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #889 of 36,066
I don't like writing and don't think I know what I'm talking about, but I can give a few impressions:

The soundstage on these is very nice, the clarity in the midrange sticks out to me the most in the sound signature and the upper midrange is probably my favorite part. The treble has plenty sparkle, but is neutral (although very present). These fall towards the middle on the smooth-agressive scale (leaning towards smooth). The bass is almost perfect for me, it doesn't stick out, but it performs very capably and is definitely not lacking. It's punchy, quick, and full enough for what the track brings. Overall, clear, neutral phone with natural bass, full and detailed mids, and pretty bright treble.

They hurt my ears though, but I blame my genetics. I was going to sell them, but after turning on the music, I decided otherwise. They're my favorite universals so far. :D

And like one of the posts above, I had to workout shortly after testing these and my exercise phones also sounded thin and congested in comparison.

Oh, my favorite tips are the double flanges, but the blue stemmed ones have the most comfort/sound value, so I use them!

I'm sorry if I missed it, but which model did you get?

Dec 26, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #890 of 36,066
LOL, fudge... I got the Noble 4. I'll add that to the post.

Dec 26, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #892 of 36,066
How does it fare against your ety er4? 

I have yet to do a direct comparison with my etys. I do think it's less bright and more a little more full in the bass region, but I'll see sometime later.

Dec 26, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #895 of 36,066
  How on earth did you guys fit the blue stemmed ones onto the iem.  The red ones have bigger wholes and are much thicker so they are easier to fit onto the iem.

Dr. John himself mentioned using tweezers at one point in this thread. (I'm not kidding.)

Can anyone that has received the 3 or 4 run this sweep and let me know if and where any dips or spikes are?  Hopefully IF gets some review samples in.

http://onlinetonegenerator.com/hearingtest.html

Will do when I receive tomorrow. This actually looks like quite a handy tool in general! 
smile.gif

Dec 26, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #896 of 36,066

Dr. John himself mentioned using tweezers at one point in this thread. (I'm not kidding.)

Will do when I receive tomorrow. This actually looks like quite a handy tool in general! 
smile.gif

Hmmm...I think it was needle nose pliers, not tweezers. You put the eartip nozzle over the pointy end of the pliers and gently open the handles to stretch the eartip a bit so it fits over the IEM nozzle.

Dec 26, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #897 of 36,066

I guess you're referring  to me?  Working out while listening to music do often change any clear perception that you/I compare it to since we are looking at what is front of you than hearing what is in your ears   
wink_face.gif

I know, it doesn't make sense.. But on the other hand I agree, try double flanges, although  not quite the stock ones, but the Meelectronics double flanges works really well for me, although they do place the housing a tad further out and as always a subjective experience.

Dec 26, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #898 of 36,066
  How on earth did you guys fit the blue stemmed ones onto the iem.  The red ones have bigger wholes and are much thicker so they are easier to fit onto the iem.

the way I did it was to flip the outer sleeve the other way completely.  Squeeze the blue part into a line and slide it onto one side first. Slowly attempt to cover the other side. Wiggling, swearing, and praying might also help. 

Dec 26, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #899 of 36,066
Yep, it was your post, Jupiterknight. No, it actually does make sense. It's why I didn't name the exercise earphones that I use. 
tongue.gif

I'll check out those double flanges.

Dec 27, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #900 of 36,066
  Yep, it was your post, Jupiterknight. No, it actually does make sense. It's why I didn't name the exercise earphones that I use. 
tongue.gif

I'll check out those double flanges.

I'm so very pleased that you realized that I was quoting you..
wink_face.gif
 So sorry, I missed out on bringing you into the right context. It is all so complicated how to get around to please everyone
blink.gif

Anyhow, yes do try out the double flanges. So far it works for me, which means it might not work for you.. just a suggestion.. 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back