Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 26, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #856 of 36,066
Very much looking forward to hearing your thoughts. You have the k10 as well, right? I'm really wanting to hear comparison between the two!

Maybe if I close my eyes and wish hard enough 
redface.gif

Dec 26, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #857 of 36,066
I did a brief comparison between the Noble 6 and K10 somewhere earlier in the thread.

Yes, I read that (as I follow this thread with an unhealthy obsession) But still interested in hearing more!

Maybe if I close my eyes and wish hard enough :xf_eek:

LOL, my bad. Thought you had them. Guess I'm not that obsessive about this thread after all. I'll wish on your behalf.

Dec 26, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #859 of 36,066
Whoa, I just got my Noble 4. I had no idea, what a nice surprise!

Dec 26, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #864 of 36,066
Why didn't I think of this design for my 8c! Gorgeous !

I and the team had to scratch our heads on this design, as the customer requested amber and gold nugget, but wanted the ciem to be unique as well.

Amber and gold nugget has become a calling card for the k10, strictly by accident, so it took some brain storming to get the design in order.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Dec 26, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #865 of 36,066
Some initial impressions of the Noble 6:

These fall on the warmer side of the signature scale. As such, I don't find them at all suited for low volume listening. During the first few songs, disappointment was my main emotion. At low volume levels (about 25% on my iphone), the N6 exhibits a compressed dynamic range, somewhat bloated and loose bass, and I found a good bit of upper-mid harmonics were missing. Texturing also isn't very good. I think most of this is caused by the bass drowning out a lot, evidenced by the improvement when not much bass is present in a track.

At higher volumes (40 - 50% volume), it begins to earn its status as a flagship IEM. Performance takes a 180 to my ears, becoming very impressive. The N6 seems to be tuned for a loudness curve. The midrange is very nice, and the treble is smooth and extended. The bass is surprisingly full and impactful. I almost guarantee most people will be surprised by it (lol). It doesn't have the low-end texturing capability of the best hybrid iems I've heard like the 1plus2 and ASG-2, but extension is impressive. Imaging is also very good, with a soundstage that doesn't seem to lack in height, depth, or width.

That's it for now. I'll post a full review when I get the ASG-2 back. I'll probably also compare it to the Earsonics S-EM6.

Dec 26, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #867 of 36,066
Can an owner of an universal comment on the shell housing in respect to how far it sticks out?  From the finalize images, it looks like the housing is quite large and would significantly stick out, but I really can't tell by just the image alone.  Thanks.

Dec 26, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #868 of 36,066
Anyone have their first impressions on the Noble 4's? (Since people are receiving it in the mail today)

+1
Looking forward to your impression/reviews guys... Thanks!

Dec 26, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #869 of 36,066
  Can an owner of an universal comment on the shell housing in respect to how far it sticks out?  From the finalize images, it looks like the housing is quite large and would significantly stick out, but I really can't tell by just the image alone.  Thanks.

Just received my Noble 6's.  In comparison to the Heir 4.Ai I would say that the shell is about and 1/8 inch thicker but as far as sticking out they don't feel that there is an appreciable difference.  Ironically, the larger Nobel 6's seem to fit better than my Heir's.  I've only listened to them for 30 minutes or so but in comparison to the Heir 4.Ai's I find them more detailed and a much better bass response.  Not boomy but solid. You know when the timpani and bass drums are being struck.  One of the tracks to which I listen and were many IEM's struggle is Max Steiner's Tara's Theme.  For some reason the 4.Ai's make it sound like a muddled mess (sorry Wizard) but the Noble 6's handle it exceptionally well with the treble being clear and precise while the bass is crisp and tight.  So far I am impressed.  More thoughts later as I burn them in and move to different genres. 

Current setups are Fiio X3 to Noble 6 and Mac to Bitfrost Uber to Valhalla to Noble 6.  All FLAC.

Dec 26, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #870 of 36,066
Just received my Noble 6's.  In comparison to the Heir 4.Ai I would say that the shell is about and 1/8 inch thicker but as far as sticking out they don't feel that there is an appreciable difference.  Ironically, the larger Nobel 6's seem to fit better than my Heir's.  I've only listened to them for 30 minutes or so but in comparison to the Heir 4.Ai's I find them more detailed and a much better bass response.  Not boomy but solid. You know when the timpani and bass drums are being struck.  One of the tracks to which I listen and were many IEM's struggle is Max Steiner's Tara's Theme.  For some reason the 4.Ai's make it sound like a muddled mess (sorry Wizard) but the Noble 6's handle it exceptionally well with the treble being clear and precise while the bass is crisp and tight.  So far I am impressed.  More thoughts later as I burn them in and move to different genres. 

Current setups are Fiio X3 to Noble 6 and Mac to Bitfrost Uber to Valhalla to Noble 6.  All FLAC.

If you could take some pictures....:xf_eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back