Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 22, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #751 of 36,066
  Speaking of Norah Jones, I've actually been listening to "Come Away With Me" recently.  "Don't Know Why" can be very sibilant, and that whole album isn't very forgiving on detailed headphones, in general.  However, I've been enjoying the heck out that album on the K10s, while my 8.A really makes that whole album unpleasant to listen to.

Interesting, are you listening to the HDtracks version?

Dec 22, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #752 of 36,066
  I think he's asking if the standard logo is like this, https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=585099744877300&set=pb.248175561903055.-2207520000.1387683163.&type=3&theater
a silhouette of the Noble logo? But I may be wrong.

im asking because i  saw some monitors where the noble logo is on the lower part of the shell in a way that when its in the ear you cnat see it, and its only the frame of the logo, and in some other shells its bigger and not only a stroke, and placed on the faceplate (i think its much better this way that you see the logo, similar to the JH logo)
i'd like to know if this is up to costumer's preferance, also.

Dec 22, 2013 at 1:35 AM Post #753 of 36,066
  im asking because i  saw some monitors where the noble logo is on the lower part of the shell in a way that when its in the ear you cnat see it, and its only the frame of the logo, and in some other shells its bigger and not only a stroke, and placed on the faceplate (i think its much better this way that you see the logo, similar to the JH logo)

Most of those are one-off wizard designs that are beautifully crafted by John Moulton (Wizard) of Noble. They are special designs but there is a typical logo option :)

Dec 22, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #754 of 36,066

All of our CIEMs have the outline or frame of the crown engraved on the top of the shell. That is standard/irrespective of design method and options chosen. It's sort of like a stamp of approval.

Under "Faceplate Options" on the order form there is a Standard Logo option. Selecting this option would indicate that you would want the logo placed on your faceplates (in addition to the frame of the logo placed on top of the shell). This logo tends to be "filled in" or full unless requested otherwise. The Wood Logo option is the same deal as the Standard Logo except that the logo is carved out of wood and embedded in the faceplate accordingly.

There are lots of permutations and combinations that can be done with the logos that are not necessarily mentioned on the order form. For instance, you can request to have the logo placed on one faceplate and artwork on the other, you could specify the color of the logo, size of the logo, etc... If you don't say anything we'll do what we think is best given other options chosen.

We can't account for all the combinations on the order form as it would just get out of hand, but you can email (or PM) us before (or after) you submit your order if there are details that you feel that aren't adequately expressed while ordering. We'll be sure to make note of any requests and if we disagree or advise against anything, we will let you know.

Dec 22, 2013 at 2:30 AM Post #756 of 36,066
  I've been listening to the CD version (personal FLAC rip, out via Leckerton Audio UHA-6S.mkii over optical).  I didn't realize it was on HD Tracks. I'll have to check it out!  Did they actually re-record from the original source, or is this version simply upsampled?

I'm not sure but its in 24/96 native :)

Dec 22, 2013 at 3:59 AM Post #757 of 36,066
Haha would be best.
How are you finding the K10 with other genres of music? I tend to listen to a lot of female artists, so if I could get your opinion, that would be great.
Thanks.

The K10 is great with anything I throw at it, but I find them particularly brilliant with female vocals! Here's 3 artists you really should check out:

1) Ane Brun, Norwegian singer/songwriter:

2) Skunk Anansie. British (almost punk-)rock band whose carreer peaked in 1999-2000, but are still going strong. Here's one of their quiet moments. I really think their lead singer Skin is one of the greatest female singers of all time:

3) My latest obsession, London Grammar. 3 kids (23yo) who's been playing in pubs for a few years just released their first full album and I only made it half way through this video before ordering it:

Bonus: Their cover of Chris Isak's Wicked Game is, well, Wicked:

Long story short: Female vocals on the K10 are absolutely goosebump-inducingly fantastic. Be sure to grab Norah Jones' album "Little Broken Hearts" as well 
smile.gif

Dec 22, 2013 at 6:01 AM Post #758 of 36,066
Thanks for the replies! Love a bit Norah Jones, great to know the K10 are great with her albums.
I've been listening to chvrches a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mTRvJ9fugM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Also Charley Macaulay, Conquering Animal Sound, Bella Ruse, Ingrid Michaelson etc. Looked forward to lostening to them with K10's but need to find time for impressions :frowning2:

Dec 22, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #760 of 36,066

3) My latest obsession, London Grammar. 3 kids (23yo) who's been playing in pubs for a few years just released their first full album and I only made it half way through this video before ordering it:

Bonus: Their cover of Chris Isak's Wicked Game is, well, Wicked:

Long story short: Female vocals on the K10 are absolutely goosebump-inducingly fantastic. Be sure to grab Norah Jones' album "Little Broken Hearts" as well 
smile.gif

Thanks for posting those, London Grammar has especially grabbed me, Hannah Reid has a beautiful voice. Do you know if the "Wicked Game" cover is on an album or is just the video?

Dec 22, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #761 of 36,066
Thanks for posting those, London Grammar has especially grabbed me, Hannah Reid has a beautiful voice. Do you know if the "Wicked Game" cover is on an album or is just the video?

Not on the album sadly, but plenty of other good stuff!

Dec 22, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #763 of 36,066
Her voice can make just about anything sound good. Case in point:

Sorry for the off-topic music rant. Somebody post pics of the universals!

Dec 22, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #764 of 36,066
  The K10 is great with anything I throw at it, but I find them particularly brilliant with female vocals! Here's 3 artists you really should check out:

Brrr! Gave me chills! Where's that album???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back