Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 29, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #436 of 36,065
What is the isolation like for the silicone models?

I fly a lot and blocking the engine hum/roar is important to me, particularly at take-off and landing when some airlines still make you turn off your electronics.

TIA

Nov 29, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #437 of 36,065
  What is the isolation like for the silicone models?

I fly a lot and blocking the engine hum/roar is important to me, particularly at take-off and landing when some airlines still make you turn off your electronics.

TIA

Here's what joker had to say about it:

"Isolation (5/5) – The isolation of the silicone shells is excellent, falling just behind my most-isolating custom, the Spiral Ear 3-way Reference"

http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/noble-4s/

Nov 29, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #438 of 36,065
How much better it that than typical CIEMs? Quantitatively :)

I also read his review which was very thorough, but it doesn't answer the question quantitatively or anecdotally (i.e. -5dB better or eliminated the A/C noise that I could still hear with other CIEMs...)

Thanks

Nov 29, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #439 of 36,065

I also read his review which was very thorough, but it doesn't answer the question quantitatively or anecdotally (i.e. -5dB better or eliminated the A/C noise that I could still hear with other CIEMs...)

Thanks

Yours is a difficult question and there are many different factors involved including the depth of the CIEM fit (longer is better).  I have silicone and acrylic CIEMs and both isolate well; the silicone isolate (IMO) a touch better but it's also true my silicone IEMs are a deeper fit.

I've read that each material blocks different frequencies so partly it depends on the frequency of your A/C hum.  If your primary concern is noise isolation Etymotic IEMs with extra deep penetration might be your best bet, that's provided you can handle the brain rape.  Customs are much more comfortable.  The other option is noise cancelling earphones.  BOSE has a good reputation in this area, provided sound quality is further back in your list of desires.  At the moment Amazon has a sale on for Phiaton PS 20 NC earphones that I've read (have not experienced first hand) work very well.  I'm debating the purchase myself.

Nov 29, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #440 of 36,065

Thanks

John has a piece of research that ultimately concludes isolation provided by silicone is greater than that provided by acrylic. I have asked him to post it here for your reference.

Realistically, I think you can expect approximately an additional 10 dB in isolation.

Nov 29, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #442 of 36,065
Just ordered myself a Noble4 universal.. the wait begins
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 29, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #443 of 36,065
It definitely has some kick. Not majorly emphasized, but plenty adequate for most listeners. I only spent limited time with the 4.Ai but from memory I'd say the 4C has both more and better lows. Slightly more impact and presence, maybe just caused by the increased clarity/definition. A neutral CIEM for sure, but not boring, dry, or soft sounding at all.  

Can I just ask is the 4C as neutral as the RE0?

Nov 29, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #444 of 36,065
How you guys mark down on the package of ear impression in order to let them to identify your impression from others?
Just write down the name of your paypal/credit card?

Nov 29, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #446 of 36,065
Any impressions, comparison, thoughts etc from anyone who has heard the noble 6 universal demo and the K10?

General signature similarities, differences of course...I realize there's only a few of you out there.
Thanks

Nov 30, 2013 at 2:44 AM Post #448 of 36,065
Any impressions, comparison, thoughts etc from anyone who has heard the noble 6 universal demo and the K10?

General signature similarities, differences of course...I realize there's only a few of you out there.
Thanks

Kunlun has heard both and posted a bit about them a few posts back.

Nov 30, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #450 of 36,065
  Should I go with the Noble 6 or the 5c's? I typically listen to chillwave and indie rock. I currently have the UE900's, but want a wider soundstage and more low end kick.

From the way they are described on the website, it seems the N6 has the soundstage, while the 5C has more bass. Although more might not necessarily mean more "low end kick".

Another thing to factor in with customs, is the price of impressions, shipping them and any duty/import taxes. 

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back