Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 27, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #316 of 36,065

Universal iems only? Sounds a bit strange, custom iems should be the same too.

With the universal IEMs, we have additional flexibility upon import/export. CIEMs, on the other hand, are built out of our labs in China and the rules different.

EDIT: That being said we are only required to declare 70% of the purchase price of a CIEM.

Nov 27, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #317 of 36,065
  I asked Paul at Noble UK about import duties to the UK when ordering Noble Universals.

He replied

"... regarding Universal IEM 's, 'European Customers' will not get hit with any Customs charges, the price you pay for the IEM's you desire on the Website is all that you will pay"

Excellent news for us in the UK and there rest of the EU, no extra custom charges.

Might have to get the Black Friday Noble 6

Any idea what shipping will cost?  I understand back when Heir first started that the flat rate shipping from china was $55 and that was fair enough.  However once the uk branch opened paying that seemed a little much (though I suppose you could justify it by saying that they still have to ship them over from the china branch to the uk branch and still had to cover costs).

Nov 27, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #318 of 36,065

Any idea what shipping will cost?  I understand back when Heir first started that the flat rate shipping from china was $55 and that was fair enough.  However once the uk branch opened paying that seemed a little much (though I suppose you could justify it by saying that they still have to ship them over from the china branch to the uk branch and still had to cover costs).

I think shipping is included in the price! great deal.. (im open to correction on the shipping info :p )

Nov 27, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #319 of 36,065

Shipping worldwide is included in the price of all of our products.

Nov 27, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #320 of 36,065

With the universal IEMs, we have additional flexibility upon import/export. CIEMs, on the other hand, are built out of our labs in China and the rules different.

EDIT: That being said we are only required to declare 70% of the purchase price of a CIEM.

Fair enough, however I must say I feel sad about it since I am a ciem person rather than universal. I could never ever get nice seal/comfort with universals.

Nov 27, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #321 of 36,065

Fair enough, however I must say I feel sad about it since I am a ciem person rather than universal. I could never ever get nice seal/comfort with universals.

A good point.  I sometimes (with some IEMs) get a good seal with reasonable comfort but inevitably have to fiddle with the earpieces to keep it that way.  Nothing tops the comfort/seal of a well fitted CIEM (largely dependent on your audiologist's impressions).

Nov 27, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #322 of 36,065

A good point.  I sometimes (with some IEMs) get a good seal with reasonable comfort but inevitably have to fiddle with the earpieces to keep it that way.  Nothing tops the comfort/seal of a well fitted CIEM (largely dependent on your audiologist's impressions).

Completely agree thanks to my own experience. Too bad that special treatment can't avoid the custom taxes. Anyway it is too early for me to think about next ciem. I am still waiting to decide which dap to get.

Nov 27, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #323 of 36,065
So I assume it would be either the 3 or the 5 for someone who listens to rock and metal?  Nothing too heavy as I do like a bit of melody.  Would the 6 be too revealing of poor recordings to make it worthwhile?

Good luck with the launch either way and hope all goes well.

Nov 27, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #324 of 36,065
So I assume it would be either the 3 or the 5 for someone who listens to rock and metal?  Nothing too heavy as I do like a bit of melody.  Would the 6 be too revealing of poor recordings to make it worthwhile?

Good luck with the launch either way and hope all goes well.

Thanks for the kind words. I think the 4 or 6 are ideal for acoustic types of music such as rock. 5 would be nice as well if you like want that sort of low end emphasis.

Nov 27, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #325 of 36,065
So for this Black Friday sale if I buy a custom and can't go to an audiologist for at least a few weeks would that be ok? I  usually have to take off part of the day to see one and at the end of the year it is difficult to do so. This may be a great time to buy a silicone ciem that I've always wanted.

Nov 27, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #326 of 36,065
  So for this Black Friday sale if I buy a custom and can't go to an audiologist for at least a few weeks would that be ok? I  usually have to take off part of the day to see one and at the end of the year it is difficult to do so. This may be a great time to buy a silicone ciem that I've always wanted.

That's fine with us!

Nov 27, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #327 of 36,065
Can someone please assist me and briefly describe Noble Audio's sound signature? I've only had experience with Sennheiser CX300, Shure SE215 and JH13s. I like the sound signature of the first two. The JH13s occasionally leave me wanting for slightly more bass in certain songs.

Nov 27, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #328 of 36,065

Users who are viewing this thread

Back