Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Aug 29, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #14,146 of 36,135
I would agree but spoke to customer services yesterday who told me the package would be delivered today and they were under the impression that it was in the UK.

I seem to recall a similar experience, with the chap turning up at the door and not wanting to do a credit card payment for the duty, only cash; which I didn't have, as it turned up earlier than the website stated.

I think he caught that I wasn't amused and said he would come back later in the day.

I spoke with customer services and they took payment over the phone and said the driver should have done the same ie call them up at that time to make payment, so he could hand the goods over.

You can see the box but cannot have it!

Its all part of the experience
biggrin.gif
and I am sure you will look back on it fondly when you actually have them.

Aug 29, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #14,147 of 36,135
K10U arrived yesterday. Put on an 8-wire Whiplash cable (silver + 1% gold) that I had laying around and plugged in to my new favorite DAP - the Cowon Plenue P1.  OMG, the BASS, the MIDS, the TREBLE!!!.  I'm speechless.

Seriously, my first impression is that it sounds like a bass-centric IEM and a mid-centric IEM and a treble-centric IEM all at the same time.  Pretty amazing.
Nice! I heard about that cable from my friend! I wanna have that cable and dhc one..

Aug 29, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #14,148 of 36,135
Does anyone use these cables with your k10?
Double helix, whiplash twau and beat audio primma donna

I use a DHC Symbiote SE (copper) with my K10. Sound-wise, bass is tighter with a slight increase in quantity. Looks-wise, they pair very, very well with my gold nugget K10. 
smile.gif

Aug 29, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #14,149 of 36,135
  K10U arrived yesterday. Put on an 8-wire Whiplash cable (silver + 1% gold) that I had laying around and plugged in to my new favorite DAP - the Cowon Plenue P1.  OMG, the BASS, the MIDS, the TREBLE!!!.  I'm speechless.

Seriously, my first impression is that it sounds like a bass-centric IEM and a mid-centric IEM and a treble-centric IEM all at the same time.  Pretty amazing.

The bass and treble will lure you in, but it's the K10's mids that will leave you floored. 80s rock and pop never sounded any better.

Anyway, enjoy the K10!

Aug 29, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #14,150 of 36,135
Does anyone use these cables with your k10?
Double helix, whiplash twau and beat audio primma donna

DHC makes a beautiful cable.

Fusion-

Aug 30, 2015 at 12:49 AM Post #14,154 of 36,135

I went with the SP LITZ so we'll see how well it plays with the K10. However, I'm curious on how the Fusion sounds however. 
BTW - How long did it take to receive cable. The DHC states 12-16 weeks. :frowning2:

How does it sound?

IMO, the cable you choose will make a very subtle change in the overall sound quality, based on my experience with DHC, Whiplash, Toxic, and Ted's cables.  Having said that, the DHC does tighten up the bass decay, and overall provides a little better detail and instrument separation without compromising the beautiful balance that the K10 displays from the top to bottom of the spectrum.  Mids and upper mids remain beautiful and full. But again, IMO a very subtle effect.  One other very nice feature of the DHC and Whiplash cables is the wonderful suppleness of their cables.  As I've stated before, my primary gravitation towards custom cables is to get a 60 inch length and no memory wire, as well as having a cable that's aesthetically pleasing.

I've had the DHC almost a year and back then it took about 8 weeks from order to delivery, but I have read that delivery time is considerably longer these days, as with most of the cable makers except maybe Ted's.

Aug 30, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #14,157 of 36,135
Thanks for your reply but I can't choose between the whiplash twau and dhc pure silver! Can you give me some advice?

I can't comment on the sound, but silver has a better conductivity than gold. Perhaps the gold one, if it has a higher impedance than the silver. Will colour the sound a bit more.

Aug 30, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #14,158 of 36,135
John, Brannan, do you keep the impressions on file after receiving the order?

I just heard the 8c today, and... Well... I don't want to think about what that might lead to...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back