Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Aug 24, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #14,014 of 36,135
K10 order placed! I have no doubt that it is worth the last two years of work!

Aug 24, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #14,016 of 36,135
  I think he'd give Rudi a run for his money with that list.

No, you'd need every piece of portable audio equipment ever made.
biggrin.gif

Aug 24, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #14,017 of 36,135

Got your impressions done yet? I was a bit nervous I wouldn't like the isolation but must admit I loved it.

Decided against the Prestige in the end and now get to be excited to see what the Wizard does with my instructions.

Now to work out if the toxic cable is worth it.

Aug 24, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #14,018 of 36,135

I know what you mean about the hard earned. I'm pretty sure you will be very happy. Money hard come by but very well spent IME. No regrets at all. :)

FWIW. I think the stock cable is really nice. My K10's sound so good that I would not be inclined to spend effort and money trying to wring more out of them. Even if I believed that cables would do so. Which I don't! :wink:

Aug 24, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #14,020 of 36,135

​
Got your impressions done yet? I was a bit nervous I wouldn't like the isolation but must admit I loved it.

Decided against the Prestige in the end and now get to be excited to see what the Wizard does with my instructions.

No impressions yet, an agonizing 2 day wait before I can go.

My last CIEMs weren't great, so this one I'm hoping for the best. Won't move an inch while taking impressions!

IDK about cables, I can only tell the difference when the resistance measures differently. Or when one is broken... I'm planning on a Linum for this one for maximum comfort.

Aug 24, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #14,021 of 36,135
I know what you mean about the hard earned. I'm pretty sure you will be very happy. Money hard come by but very well spent IME. No regrets at all.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm very lucky to have a great part time job when many full time people don't! 

Aug 24, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #14,022 of 36,135
Thanks for that. Only reason I am thinking about it is I've got the liquid carbon balanced coming in.

Ah. Fair play. :) I Googled the Liquid Carbon and came up with a video from Jude. There is a Cavalli portable that looks very interesting. Although I'm not sure that portable amps add much either.

Aug 24, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #14,023 of 36,135
Well, that's some disappointing news that I just got today -- my ears won't allow for a set of Prestiges to be made :frowning2: Makes me sad, but I only have stupid genetics to blame.

Time to go back to the drawing board and think about what I want for a regular set of K10s, then! And I need to decide soon, too -- that way, I can get them in before the end of October-ish!

Aug 24, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #14,024 of 36,135
  Well, that's some disappointing news that I just got today -- my ears won't allow for a set of Prestiges to be made :frowning2: Makes me sad, but I only have stupid genetics to blame.

Time to go back to the drawing board and think about what I want for a regular set of K10s, then!

Don't be too disappointed. The Wizard creates amazing designs regardless of whether they are Prestige or not. If I had my time again, I would take the 'go nuts' approach...

Aug 24, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #14,025 of 36,135

Don't be too disappointed. The Wizard creates amazing designs regardless of whether they are Prestige or not. If I had my time again, I would take the 'go nuts' approach...

That's probably what I'm going to do here. And looking on the bright side -- the saved cash means I have more to spend on getting my girlfriend a set of custom Noble $s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back