Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 27, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #12,271 of 36,120
  Okay John, since the Savant has been out for so long, tell us the specs in terms of drivers etc, we have waited long enough.
tongue_smile.gif

You are assuming a Wizard needs drivers...

I myself have been practicing.

I think it's working. I'll let you all know when I'm ready to release my first IEM.

Jun 27, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #12,272 of 36,120
First, I now want tea with every CIEM fitting - the bar has been raised. Second, is the K10 still the flagship? Where does the Savant fall in the lineup?

Edit: oh snap, just found a tea cup on top of a telco box I'm working on. So meta.

Jun 27, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #12,273 of 36,120
First, I now want tea with every CIEM fitting - the bar has been raised. Second, is the K10 still the flagship? Where does the Savant fall in the lineup?

Edit: oh snap, just found a tea cup on top of a telco box I'm working on. So meta.

When I listened to the Savant and the K10, I still liked the K10 more. Yes its still considered the flagship. As John as said to me, some will like the Savant more, some will like the K10.

Jun 27, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #12,274 of 36,120
  I was just listening to the Savant while watching one of Lachlan's videos.  It made him sound far less ranty and much more balanced in terms of perspective.  #savantisprettyamazing

If one could LOL more than what LOL represents, I would LOL the hell out of a LOL.

LOL.

Jun 27, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #12,277 of 36,120
After 60 hours the Savants seems to be lightening up a little in the deep bass dept. midbass still there all the way up through the highs, midrange seems a bit more recessed as well for what its worth.  doesn't quite seem to have the same wham bam it had day 1, still sounds incredible though and I haven't quite figured out the earpieces yet so never know...

Jun 27, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #12,279 of 36,120
Question... trying to find use in this BTS and so I paired it with my macbook.  Paired easily but how do I know if it is using the aptX or standard bluetooth audio?  Also I noticed while the volume up and down buttons work the play/pause nor the track change buttons do anything as used with JRiver or iTunes.  I also had it cut out quite a bit from only 3 feet from my laptop.  Is there a special driver I need to get the full features under OSX?  Sound is ok, but pretty thin... yeah almost no real bass seems limited to 500hz and above or so, very bright.

actually getting quite different results with my T5p, the lost bass is back. strange. with the Savant it is non existant but the savant has plenty of bass with the DX90.  the T5p has same bass with both.

Jun 27, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #12,280 of 36,120
  Question... trying to find use in this BTS and so I paired it with my macbook.  Paired easily but how do I know if it is using the aptX or standard bluetooth audio?  Also I noticed while the volume up and down buttons work the play/pause nor the track change buttons do anything as used with JRiver or iTunes.  I also had it cut out quite a bit from only 3 feet from my laptop.  Is there a special driver I need to get the full features under OSX?  Sound is ok, but pretty thin... yeah almost no real bass seems limited to 500hz and above or so, very bright.

My recommendation is to charge the BTS fully before first use and turn the volume on the BTS all the way up. The volume is independent of your computer, so control the volume through your computer. This may help with the thinness you are experiencing.

The play/pause button should work, if not test it with an iPhone or mobile phone to confirm. The other two buttons are volume up/down, not track change. If you want to change tracks with the BTS, press and hold the the volume up or down buttons for about two seconds to jump forward or back.

As far as aptX on your Mac, I was under the impression that Apple products do not have support for aptX, but maybe things are different with their computers. 

Jun 27, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #12,282 of 36,120

did u read over the instructions on the noble website as that covers the tracking questions. As far as APTX, I do believe it will default to APTX if your player has APTX, if not it will autiomatically switch to standard.

Results with the BTS is going to vary with different sources, as they have different blue tooth tech, and the housings are different as well.   Seems a lot of reports that Sony delivers good performance, and an egg plant performs better than AK.  I get the best results with my Sony phone, good results with my I Pad, and my lap top....  no results.   Then again I have fed my computre three Cokes, and one soup.  (The soup was my wife's doing)   The key board is now dead, and one USB port out of 4 still works......

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jun 27, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #12,284 of 36,120
interesting...

i did have it fully charged for 2 days.

i indeed tried the long press for track change but no luck also no luck on play/pause under either of iTunes or JRiver.

is there a way to tell if it is using aptX or not?  strangely bass is much thicker with T5p then Savant.

Jun 27, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #12,285 of 36,120
interesting...

i did have it fully charged for 2 days.

i indeed tried the long press for track change but no luck also no luck on play/pause under either of iTunes or JRiver.

is there a way to tell if it is using aptX or not?  strangely bass is much thicker with T5p then Savant.

Check the link I posted, tells you how to check

Users who are viewing this thread

Back