Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 30, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #1,036 of 36,135
  Beats me. Mine are in Koeln, Germany since Thursday night last week. Apparently something's going down in Germany or someone doesn't know how to do his job. It's weird that the package can arrive, get scanned and dispatched in UK in less than 3 hours but the Germans need several days to do the same thing

Mine also arrived to Koeln on thursday, got released yesterday in the evening. Dont be affraid, once my package was held by france customs for over 4 days for no reason, these things just happens.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Dec 30, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #1,037 of 36,135

Mine also arrived to Koeln on thursday, got released yesterday in the evening. Dont be affraid, once my package was held by france customs for over 4 days for no reason, these things just happens.

Well, I'm definitely not afraid - I'm just wondering coz not only has it been more than 4 days now but I checked the tracking at noon and the package still had scheduled delivery date and now it changed to not available. There have been no Holidays since 26th and that's expedited UPS not some random free postal service.

Dec 30, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #1,038 of 36,135
Hey guys!

Something I've been wondering for a while that i havent seen much here is how the noble cable is. Im aware the neutrik plug as been replaced with a 45 degree plug. But how does it compare the wizard's orignal magnus? I cant imagine someone like the wizard "downgrading", yet at less than 1/3 of the price of the original magnus cable, that's a big drop in price. 

Anyone have any thoughts on the noble cable?

I have a thought about the Noble cable (although I don't have one yet). I do have a couple Heir Magnus cables though.

As mentioned already, the wire of the cable itself is the same as the original Heir Magnus cable. (I love the feel, strength and flexibility of the wire). The old cable used the neutrik jack and "diy" type ends, which was probably most likely more expensive (parts and labor) to produce than the newer, overmolded type termination.

Noble is charging less for a cable of equal quality as the old Magnus rather than keeping the $100+ price tag and gouging their valuable customers. Definitely a "no bull" move, and a clear demonstration of their honest business practices. Much appreciated.

Dec 30, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #1,039 of 36,135

At a guess I imagine it would be down to the christmas and new year holidays causing delays. 

Yeah, that is very likely indeed, but still a bit annoying.
frown.gif

Hey, maybe my package is arriving wizard-style. Never late, nor early, but precisely when it is meant to.
rolleyes.gif

Dec 30, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #1,040 of 36,135
I got my Noble 4 today,they have been in Ireland since Friday but couldn't be delivered due to the storms that hit the area..received them today at lunch time,no fees for customs or taxes.. Happy out with the sound and my dx50..

Cheers to the Wizard and Brannan and the rest of Noble team..looking forward to Black Friday next year
biggrin.gif
Noble6 cough cough
biggrin.gif

Dec 30, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #1,041 of 36,135
The cable used in the Noble cable is the same exact cable used in the Magnus--quad braid.

I freaking love that cable. Strong, flexible and 4 wires end-to-end. It's even easy to work with for DIY'ers. I balanced my K10 with 20 minutes of soldering the other day :)

Dec 30, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #1,042 of 36,135
Sounds great! Considering the fair price of it, it may be the target for my first diy project!

I appreciate the input everyone :)

Dec 30, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #1,043 of 36,135
Well I've had a few days to listen to my 3C's now. Everything about them has blown me away - the design, the fit, and the sound! I honestly thought I wasn't going to get anything close to the natural, spacious sound of a nice set of open cans... boy was I wrong. I love the deep extension on the low end, and the crystal-clear highs. Everything is so well balanced, and the sound stage is really great. In some ways I find the sound stage to be superior to my full size headphones.

I know it's probably cliché to say in this context, but I honestly feel like I'm rediscovering my music. The separation and definition of instruments is crazy. I've discovered content in some of my favorite music that was previously unknown to me, and I'm not just talking about minuscule nuances here. I always thought of Simon Posford as a genius, but I was astounded this morning when I was hearing some the delicate details in his music that I had never heard before... 

These are my first CIEMs, and I can say that I'm totally sold. Noble is doing some amazing things here, and I'm so glad that I decided to take the plunge.

Dec 30, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #1,044 of 36,135
A few more Noble 4 impressions compared to the more expensive Custom Art Pro330 and JH13 Pro.

The N4 has a lot more in common with the JH13pro than the Pro330; both are amazingly adept at removing the veil from music.  Switching from lesser earphones you'll immediately notice that songs are 'just clearer' and more detailed.  The JH13Pro has greater dynamic range but less air around instruments; the N4 sounds effortless with the mids and highs.  The N4 lacks low end (sub bass) compared to both the Pro330 and the JH13; this means it can work well for vocal trance but if you're playing deep house (yes, electronica junkie here) you feel as if you're missing something.  The extra dollars you're paying for the JH13pro give you more dynamic slam and deeper reaching bass making it the more dramatic of the two.  The N4 is polite and extremely refined; it's an excellent example of a stereotypical BA sound signature, a little bright and quick, it renders notes sharply (as opposed to dynamic drivers which tend to round the ends of notes).  The N4 also possesses a smaller sound stage than the JH13pro (it's possible this would be different in it's custom form) but is cohesive and multi-dimensional in a way I only find exists with multi-driver BAs.

Compared to the Pro330 we're looking at apples and oranges.  The N4 is more obviously analytic whereas the Pro330 offers an organic sound that provides greater instrument (and especially) vocal texturing.  The Pro330 has stronger dynamic range and a much fuller low end but isn't as effortless and airy as the N4.  The Pro330 sound stage is also more cohesive (again, this might be due to the custom vs. universal designs).  I think they're well matched in detail retrieval but details are easier to pick out with the N4.

As relating to the sound all three options are excellent for their respective prices (and remember you're paying considerably less for the N4).  If I had to choose a favourite it would be the Pro330 which consistently delivers the emotional content of music in a sonically addictive fashion.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back