Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 1, 2014 at 3:49 AM Post #6,167 of 36,103
LOL. I can't begin to tell you how many hours I spent going through all those pics... and then I just handed control over to The Wizard himself!

I just told the Wiz to "make it Noble" and he quite rightfully did.

Nov 1, 2014 at 7:32 AM Post #6,168 of 36,103
I've had my K10's a while now. They are pure white after a slight communication problem(nothing to do with Noble)where I was supposed to get a wizard design, but actually really happy with them now! They sound amazing and fit perfectly especially as I use them mostly when on the move and on the tube. I actually got a Chord Hugo shortly before receiving my K10's and thought I would use them as a portable rig but (un)fortunately there isn't, to my untrained ears, a noticeable enough difference to justify carrying the Hugo with me. I now use that at home to make my more inferior headphones sound better ;p . Happy to find out about the Noble Instagram account!

Nov 1, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #6,170 of 36,103
Yes taxes are a given unfortunately. I'll try to post pics when I work the system out but they are just white so not much to see really! More important is that they sound great. Even better than my heir 8.a's but I think a lot has to do with the fit. My impressions were much better this time which gave a better and more consistent seal

Nov 2, 2014 at 5:07 AM Post #6,174 of 36,103

Be careful, these Wizard-designed Kaiser 10 will hit you like a bolt from the blue!​
 ​
All kidding aside, these K10 are one of our favorite sets as of late. The silvery-blue faceplates with white ribbon, deep navy blue shells with just a trace amount of cosmetic grade glitter, and teal Wizard signature plus Noble crowns come together effortlessly to create one unquestionably gorgeous set of CIEMs.​
 ​
On that bombshell, we hope everyone gets off to a blinding start this week! Remember, the best has yet to come.​
 ​
 ​

I am in love all over again! 

Nov 2, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #6,177 of 36,103
I wish to thank you so much, Brannan, for making me feel so at ease at the Coronado meet yesterday. I got my wish and put up my money for the purpose of purchasing the K10 and had a great time interactiing with you. You are much fun! The audiological fitting for the custom iems was painless... except for that damn piece of foam plastic I had to bite down on through the process, lol. I didn't even notice all that stuff going into my ears though. All worth it though!
Listened to the universal K10 first through my X5, was surprised to find the K10 to be sounding quite bright through it, a bit too much but then, when I tried the K10 with the AK240, the tone settled down much and I was treated with a well balanced sound. It could very well be that the bright sound was simply something I was not used to. The ciem I have now, UMmodTF10, does not have the high end extension of the K10, not even close. I have read a lot of people on Head-Fi mention how they had to give it time to get used to a sound quality, having gotten so used to another and even perhaps inferior sound, so I will give this experience and gladly, this kind of judgment.
Anyhow, my whole experience at the Coronado meet was just so much fun and I got to meet many really nice people there. You are all a wonder.

Nov 2, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #6,178 of 36,103
  I wish to thank you so much, Brannan, for making me feel so at ease at the Coronado meet yesterday. I got my wish and put up my money for the purpose of purchasing the K10 and had a great time interactiing with you. You are much fun! The audiological fitting for the custom iems was painless... except for that damn piece of foam plastic I had to bite down on through the process, lol. I didn't even notice all that stuff going into my ears though. All worth it though!
Listened to the universal K10 first through my X5, was surprised to find the K10 to be sounding quite bright through it, a bit too much but then, when I tried the K10 with the AK240, the tone settled down much and I was treated with a well balanced sound. It could very well be that the bright sound was simply something I was not used to. The ciem I have now, UMmodTF10, does not have the high end extension of the K10, not even close. I have read a lot of people on Head-Fi mention how they had to give it time to get used to a sound quality, having gotten so used to another and even perhaps inferior sound, so I will give this experience and gladly, this kind of judgment.
Anyhow, my whole experience at the Coronado meet was just so much fun and I got to meet many really nice people there. You are all a wonder.

Congrats Rip and welcome to the club of those eagerly awaiting their K10 customs! 

Nov 2, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #6,179 of 36,103
  Congrats Rip and welcome to the club of those eagerly awaiting their K10 customs! 

Great Scott! It's you again, lol. Thank you for your welcome, I feel gratified to be in such stellar company! Speaking about awaiting:

I know this is not the usual comment on this site, but I'm so inspired I just feel like exclaming it, so forgive me, please!

I would like now, to comment about something I realized this morning, a kind of epiphany I experienced concerning an exclamation I hear often from Head-Fiers waiting for their purchased items. As an older guy (I'm not old at all at 69, feel like 30) the exclamation goes like this: OOOOHHH! I can't wait til I get my.... K10!  OHHHH! I can't wait til I get my Ref.1, etc, etc.

Well, I understand and can sympathize with their feelings, don't get me wrong, having been there myself, but let me interject here a little wisdom I've gleaned through all my MY sufferings, lol, and that is: if you are able to give up your attachment to have to have whatever, and make your intent to completely give up thinking about it and "go to black," My contention is that when the time comes for you to obtain the unit, you will enjoy it all the more, as a reward from the Universe for the sacrifice of your attachment. Make sense?

You see, I've begun to realize more that the universe is completely Yin-Yang, Positive/Negative and when you have a desire, you first make that very clear, BUT! Then you "go to Black for your Lack," lol and that gives you an inner negative charge and when that negative charge has become completely black, it attracts the positive, which is the THING! (on the outside of you). Otherwise you don't become completely black about your desire and... shadowy things like fear and nightmares move around.l You don't want that.

If you are able to do this, then, when you finally get your object, the experience is clean and less apt to get obstacles.

Nov 2, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #6,180 of 36,103
Nicely put, Rip. I used to really struggle with over-excitement / impatience for new things like CIEMs or other products with a delay between order and delivery.

I agree that the process is now much more enjoyable since I'm unattached. I have still contacted Brannan to confirm timing since there was a comment about someone's K10s taking 10 weeks (this sounds like an unfortunate 1-off due to the holidays), but can honestly say that I was completely fine whether I was told that they were ready tomorrow or still 4 weeks away.

After being over-hyped and enduring major delays and issues with my UM Miracles, I'm enjoying the process being "clean" this time. My K10s will have no hype or expectations to live up to, just the opportunity to be enjoyed immensely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back