Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
May 24, 2014 at 1:36 AM Post #4,276 of 36,135
The Canada thing is because so many businesses use UPS and FEDEX. These companies always always make sure that customs gets involved when shipping between Canada and the US so that they can charge outrageous handling fees. There are a couple of class action lawsuits against at least one of these shippers because of their fees. Always use USPS for Canadian shipments if possible.

I'm happy to pay the customs fees (well not happy, let's say willing). I just am not able to - because of my shipping address.

Please note that while we tend to ship with UPS, we are willing to ship via another courier by request. We have had many requests from Canadian customers to ship via USPS or EMS.

May 24, 2014 at 5:19 AM Post #4,277 of 36,135

Nice list or reviewers, looking forward to reading Tupac's thoughts. Also no love for the N3 or N5?

plans are afoot... so stay tuned.
tongue_smile.gif

May 24, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #4,278 of 36,135
The Canada thing is because so many businesses use UPS and FEDEX. These companies always always make sure that customs gets involved when shipping between Canada and the US so that they can charge outrageous handling fees. There are a couple of class action lawsuits against at least one of these shippers because of their fees. Always use USPS for Canadian shipments if possible.

I'm happy to pay the customs fees (well not happy, let's say willing). I just am not able to - because of my shipping address.

I went for years where I wouldn't get anything shipped via couriers like UPS and FedEx but I finally did some research and found it's all about which shipping option is used. Typically it's the basic ground options where they charge their ridiculous fees upon delivery but if you stay away from those options the taxes, duty and other fees aren't that much different than USPS/Canada Post. Of course the shipping rates themselves can get pretty costly with the better/faster options so you have to balance that out but many companies have deals with couriers to get better rates so it can be a worthwhile option in many cases.

May 24, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #4,280 of 36,135
If any of you prefer your bass to be of the acoustic variety, there's some nice acoustic bass guitar on Fairground Attraction's debut album.

Unfortunately, Youtube clips are nowhere near the superb SQ of these albums, so the bass punches harder and more resonantly on the CDs.

Mary Coughlan:

and continuing the Irish theme (but not acoustic), Mary Black:

Edie Brickell:

Sade:

Hundreds more, but this isn't really a music thread, so I'll behave!
biggrin.gif

May 24, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #4,281 of 36,135
  anyone in the mood for some bass....  and some fairly cool graphics as well?

That is some good quality bass. 

For people who are in the mood for some crazy guitar! 
tongue.gif

May 24, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #4,282 of 36,135
Oh come on you noobs, this is REAL bass. Back in the days my CRX did 135DB, with only 2 12" subs.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000001SCF/ref=asc_df_B000001SCF3145957?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=pg-1584-86-20&linkCode=df0&creative=395097&creativeASIN=B000001SCF

May 24, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #4,286 of 36,135
I remember seeing this video. Jung is a awesome guitar artist! He grew up so fast :)

May 24, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #4,289 of 36,135
  Feeling that guitar Tupac....

Now for some East meets West tallent

Sungha Jung and Trace Bundy

I'd love a chance to share some of my art with them as well.

I've long been a fan of Sungha Jung (me and 50 million other people around the globe
rolleyes.gif
)

Here's another youngster playing guitar in a different (non-acoustic) style, but still very talented:

And here is what I consider to be possibly the all-time greatest 'duet' blues guitar performance. It's not all about speed or complexity. This performance is magical for its electrifying synergy between these two greats:

May 24, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #4,290 of 36,135
Acoustic guitar wise I love Igor and Andy Mckee. Igor's cover of "While my guitar gently weeps" is so good and Andy's Rylynn is magical. I saw hik live during Dream Theater show and he was awesome.

This though, is probably my favourte guitar solo

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dztb6wqUVNg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back