Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 24, 2019 at 8:00 PM Post #30,406 of 36,066
I'm all for giving credit where it's due rather than hype, so here goes:

Noble's prices have always seemed high, and I never really liked the sound even after going through a lot of hoops to demo them out. So when the Khan was announced (with a scorching price tag), I filed it under the "way over hyped and priced" section like the Jomo Trinity. Zeus and Phantom were already pretty hefty themselves.

So when headfoneshop announced they were a dealer and getting demos in, I figured why not, having a bit of disillusionment with the signature of both Zeus and Phantom. This time I was armed with an even more curated playlist aimed at putting the Khan through its paces to see if it had what I felt was missing.

*Cue wide open eyes, multiple jaw drops, raised eyebrows, holy - - - this is amazing in canto, may have vomited some rainbows, and saw a unicorn or 2*

Impressed was an understatement. I had never considered going out of BA only territory, only to be snagged by tri level hybrid. Figured maybe in a couple of months having sold my Zeus to finance my next pair of IEMs. Decide it wasnt worth the wait and listed my Phantom. Now I have Khan.

TL: DR well done to Noble on the Khan, it was good enough me for me to sell 2 TOTLs I never thought I'd sell and not a complaint about the price either.

Jun 24, 2019 at 8:22 PM Post #30,407 of 36,066
This weekend at the show I did some testing of tips. I got some amazing results using the double flanged tips that

Noble's prices have always seemed high, and I never really liked the sound even after going through a lot of hoops to demo them out. So when the Khan was announced (with a scorching price tag), I filed it under the "way over hyped and priced" section like the Jomo Trinity. Zeus and Phantom were already pretty hefty themselves.

So when headfoneshop announced they were a dealer and getting demos in, I figured why not, having a bit of disillusionment with the signature of both Zeus and Phantom. This time I was armed with an even more curated playlist aimed at putting the Khan through its paces to see if it had what I felt was missing.

*Cue wide open eyes, multiple jaw drops, raised eyebrows, holy - - - this is amazing in canto, may have vomited some rainbows, and saw a unicorn or 2*

Impressed was an understatement. I had never considered going out of BA only territory, only to be snagged by tri level hybrid. Figured maybe in a couple of months having sold my Zeus to finance my next pair of IEMs. Decide it wasnt worth the wait and listed my Phantom. Now I have Khan.

TL: DR well done to Noble on the Khan, it was good enough me for me to sell 2 TOTLs I never thought I'd sell and not a complaint about the price either.

Not sure if you have the double flanged tips or not, but you have to try them out in the size you use. If not, try the white memory foam, I got pretty much 100% positive feedback at CanJam using just those 2 on the Khan, I am not kidding, every other tips in the bag I tried for me ears SUCKED. The sound was flat dull with pretty much zero bass. I ended up at the show putting the double flanged on all the Khans. If you don't have them, they seem to be included in the tip package on the Noble site.

Jun 24, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #30,408 of 36,066
This weekend at the show I did some testing of tips. I got some amazing results using the double flanged tips that

Not sure if you have the double flanged tips or not, but you have to try them out in the size you use. If not, try the white memory foam, I got pretty much 100% positive feedback at CanJam using just those 2 on the Khan, I am not kidding, every other tips in the bag I tried for me ears SUCKED. The sound was flat dull with pretty much zero bass. I ended up at the show putting the double flanged on all the Khans. If you don't have them, they seem to be included in the tip package on the Noble site.

I'm not generally a fan of the double flanged eartips myself, but those did work pretty well for me at the CanJam this weekend. So well, in fact, that I am still bummed I forgot to snag some candy at the Noble table. Despite maybe not having a 100% perfect fit for me, those tips worked well enough to get a good idea of how awesome the Khan sounds, even with quite a bit of background noise.

Jun 24, 2019 at 10:29 PM Post #30,409 of 36,066
I'm not generally a fan of the double flanged eartips myself, but those did work pretty well for me at the CanJam this weekend. So well, in fact, that I am still bummed I forgot to snag some candy at the Noble table. Despite maybe not having a 100% perfect fit for me, those tips worked well enough to get a good idea of how awesome the Khan sounds, even with quite a bit of background noise.

The Khan has been the first that they worked well for me, I am using the white memory foam right now. I want to test longevity and see how fast they turn color etc. The double flanged are not even a special OMG design or anything, looking a Spin Fit double, those look like some design went into them, the Noble ones,just look like cheapo ones, but man they work for a lot of people. I had a guy at the show that didn't get any bass rattling bass from SPL bass tracks I had him test, and then after I think 4 tries I got him a tip that worked and his face just lit up. It is possible you may have done better with a different size.

Jun 24, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #30,410 of 36,066

I'll check, I havent touched the stock tips actually. I demoed the Khan with the Final Audio Type E small tips and got a set included on purchase. My dealer thought the stock ones werent that good and messed with the bass too much.

Jun 24, 2019 at 11:47 PM Post #30,411 of 36,066
This is purely speculation, but I think the reason the doubles do so well the how unrestricted they are. A nice big hole and a direct shot to the screen, as you can see in the picture the white memory foam is quite different. IMHO the foam MIGHT give more bass though.

20190624-204221.jpg

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:18 AM Post #30,412 of 36,066

The Khan continues to march on.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jun 25, 2019 at 2:15 AM Post #30,413 of 36,066
I would definitely recommend trying some RHA Dual Density Silicone tips, I tried quite a few different ones and they are by far the most comfortable and best sounding I have tried. As and added bonus they are really cheap.

I never got on with foam as the Comply have awful durability and the rest are too firm to be comfortable for me. I am sure the RHA don't isolate so well but as the Khans insert deepish anyway most of the isolation is done by the body of the IEM anyway.

Jun 25, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #30,416 of 36,066
Jun 27, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #30,420 of 36,066
IMG_0545.jpg
Suprise! You wanted custom designs for the Khan and you got it.

Enjoy a first look at a Prestige level Khan in universal form. These are available for purchase via special request currently and will be available on the site soon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back