Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jul 18, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #25,981 of 36,078
Which tips have you tried?
Spinfits, Spiral Dots and generic tri-flanges tend to work well.
Foam based tips should always give a good seal - I'm currently using Inairs with my K10Us

How do you get the damn tips on? Is there a trick? It feels like trying to put a bottle cap on a bottle 20% bigger than the cap. I just can't seem to get them on.

Jul 18, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #25,982 of 36,078
How do you get the damn tips on? Is there a trick? It feels like trying to put a bottle cap on a bottle 20% bigger than the cap. I just can't seem to get them on.

They can be tricky to get on sometimes. I usually place it at about a 45 degree angle to the iem stem and just work it on. Seems to work fine.

Another tip (sorry) is that some tips tend to slip down the stem too far preventing a good insertion. To fix this I use the inside plastic tube from an old comply tip and cut it to size and slip it on first. I found that trick solved issues I was having with getting a proper seal. YMMV.

Jul 18, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #25,983 of 36,078
If your struggling with the blue tips, what I find helpful is I invert the black skirt of the ear tip, and grasp it by the black portion only. This makes the blue portion protrude outward and makes it a bit more stiffer. Then I just force it on to the tip portion of the iem.

CS provided at 4:50 AM

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jul 18, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #25,984 of 36,078
20170718_150205.jpg

20170718_150338.jpg

Easy breezy.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #25,986 of 36,078
If your struggling with the blue tips, what I find helpful is I invert the black skirt of the ear tip, and grasp it by the black portion only. This makes the blue portion protrude outward and makes it a bit more stiffer. Then I just force it on to the tip portion of the iem.

CS provided at 4:50 AM

Worked for me after I wrestled it onto the stem! Thanks!

Jul 18, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #25,987 of 36,078
On the customer service topic I have nothing but good things to say about Noble and, in particular, Brannan. I ordered some Encores during the sale and happily greeted the UPS driver and opened my package and in it was a pair of Katanas. Stuff happens. I immediately contacted Brannan and in spite of his being in transit attending CanJam he got in touch with me and apologized for the mixup and promised to send the Encores (along with a prepaid shipping label to return the Katanas) immediately on his return. Mistakes do happen and my experience with the response to resolve it while balancing a hectic schedule at CanJam has left me a fan. Thanks guys!

Jul 18, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #25,988 of 36,078
removed

Attachments

• Katana impedance.PNG
    Katana impedance.PNG
    60.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Effect of output impedance on Katana.PNG
    Effect of output impedance on Katana.PNG
    97.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 19, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #25,989 of 36,078
I must say Although I haven't received my giveaway of the encore yet. Probably because brannan is busy at canjam. I am dying to try out the encore and provide my review on it. furthermore, I was thinking of getting a ciem soon and I am tilting towards noble audio. I've purchased the noble x and from the time i provided my review and now, I am impressed how some tip changes and burning in have changed the sound for the better. for those of you that do not believe in burn in, whether it be in my head or not, I am enjoying the noble x more than I did as time pass by.,, so I think noble's iems are something to appreciate for a long duration rather than an immediate wow factor.

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #25,990 of 36,078
I must say Although I haven't received my giveaway of the encore yet. Probably because brannan is busy at canjam. I am dying to try out the encore and provide my review on it. furthermore, I was thinking of getting a ciem soon and I am tilting towards noble audio. I've purchased the noble x and from the time i provided my review and now, I am impressed how some tip changes and burning in have changed the sound for the better. for those of you that do not believe in burn in, whether it be in my head or not, I am enjoying the noble x more than I did as time pass by.,, so I think noble's iems are something to appreciate for a long duration rather than an immediate wow factor.

I believe in burn in, but brain burn in, not electronics burn in, especially BA drivers.

Jul 20, 2017 at 2:25 AM Post #25,991 of 36,078
@FullCircle

I was wondering why you guys decided to go with cables that have such high impedance. I've measured them at just below 2 Ohm per line. This is much higher than any of the other cables I have here, which are all below 0.6 Ohm per line. The best one I have here is a mere 0.18 Ohm (Shure stock cable).

edit: might as well pop in the measurement.

Impedance Magnitude.png

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2017 at 3:57 AM Post #25,992 of 36,078
@FullCircle

I was wondering why you guys decided to go with cables that have such high impedance. I've measured them at just below 2 Ohm per line. This is much higher than any of the other cables I have here, which are all below 0.6 Ohm per line. The best one I have here is a mere 0.18 Ohm (Shure stock cable).

edit: might as well pop in the measurement.

Sensitivity need to tame, maybe that help?

Just guessing without knowledge LOL

Jul 20, 2017 at 4:01 AM Post #25,993 of 36,078
Sensitivity need to tame, maybe that help?

Just guessing without knowledge LOL

My gut feeling says it's to keep the overall cable + earphone impedance higher, making it less sensitive to source impedance. But that's just guessing on my part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back