Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 15, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #25,696 of 36,063
plusSound X-Series 01.jpg

Pinky is utterly dazzled by this pairing. The plusSound GPC Litz X-Series gives Encore extra body and warmth, and smooths those highs. It's still super clear and detailed, just a little fuller and rich. I haven't been able to listen to anything else for two days. :D

Jun 15, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #25,699 of 36,063
That's perfectly fine. I just wanted to share how much I'm enjoying Encore this week. And while the cable is a part of that, there's nothing without the strong foundation of a truly remarkable IEM.

Jun 16, 2017 at 1:54 AM Post #25,703 of 36,063
I have some Hawaiian punch right now, it tastes great, but no difference in the sound. I have tried other punches, same deal. :v:
I guess it depends on how you listen and to what music. I listen mostly to classical music such as large scale, multi layered symphonies, and because I listen attentively and try to pick up the emotions of the instruments I can readily hear a difference in sound. However, when I don't listen that attentively and to less complicated music, I don't notice a difference between my stock copper and SPC upgrade cable.

Jun 16, 2017 at 2:55 AM Post #25,704 of 36,063

Pinky is utterly dazzled by this pairing. The plusSound GPC Litz X-Series gives Encore extra body and warmth, and smooths those highs. It's still super clear and detailed, just a little fuller and rich. I haven't been able to listen to anything else for two days. :D
Oooo that cable I still calling onto me!
It looks lightweight, and visually matching the LCD-i4. Seems to have the connector that would fit them too. And the coloration you're describing is what I'm after as well. Does it tangle? Time to enquire :wink:

Jun 16, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #25,706 of 36,063
Oooo that cable I still calling onto me!
It looks lightweight, and visually matching the LCD-i4. Seems to have the connector that would fit them too. And the coloration you're describing is what I'm after as well. Does it tangle? Time to enquire :wink:

It's not prone to tangling, but of course, any cable can tangle. This is one of the least troublesome cables I've used.

Jun 16, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #25,707 of 36,063
I guess it depends on how you listen and to what music. I listen mostly to classical music such as large scale, multi layered symphonies, and because I listen attentively and try to pick up the emotions of the instruments I can readily hear a difference in sound. However, when I don't listen that attentively and to less complicated music, I don't notice a difference between my stock copper and SPC upgrade cable.

The Noble stock cable is SPC. Going to a silver litz, I didn't hear any difference. Placebo, snake oil etc etc, who knows, if people want to spend the money and are happy, that's cool by me. I bought cables for other reasons, but I wont any longer.

Jun 16, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #25,708 of 36,063
The Noble stock cable is SPC. Going to a silver litz, I didn't hear any difference. Placebo, snake oil etc etc, who knows, if people want to spend the money and are happy, that's cool by me. I bought cables for other reasons, but I wont any longer.

I can't say I hear much or any difference making that jump either. But there are jumps where the change is not so subtle. For instance, the Reference8 is magical. The X6 T-Metal is wild and insane. And now this X-Series Gold-Plated Copper gives it a sort of mature, refined sound.

The point is, not all upgrades are as stark as others. And it's not ALWAYS about how much money you throw at it. Though, I will say, if you want to hear a difference from the stock cable, going to the $300 range is a good place to start.

But, this is not the right thread to delve into a deep discussion on cables. Sorry for the derail.

Jun 16, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #25,710 of 36,063
What is the process of making your IEMs? What is the most time consuming aspect of this?
Do you do the art for acrylic wizard pieces before installing the drivers? How on earth do you fit it all in there? How is any of this possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back