Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 18, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #23,492 of 36,135

For those wondering, Wata has agreed to review our packaging Pelican 1010 case, as we want to make sure it provides adequate protection for shipping purposes.

What chance does the Pelican have if the legendary Nokia 3310 fell to the almighty press?

Nov 19, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #23,493 of 36,135
How could Noble trust you not to crush their iems...
wink.gif

I don't crush universals, but if you want, I can try.
very_evil_smiley.gif
Okay, why all of a sudden are the colors of the hearts in my title pink?

Nov 19, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #23,494 of 36,135
I have all the IEMS you mentioned (minus jh), and completely agree with what you stated. OTOH, Katana isn't meant to have that type of bass, and for what it is, it does very well. The bass does extend low on the Katana, but there isn't the same amount of bass as the iems mentioned. I thought the Katana would be bass light, which I don't think it is after listening. It certainly doesn't hit me in my heart or rattle my brains. I did enjoy it very much, I just had issues keeping a seal. Other than that, excellent iem, even if it's not my preferred sound signature.

Out of the iems mentioned, the Ref 1 is my favorite and has been for years. It checks all of my boxes. Plus, I'm a major basshead. No disrespect meant to Noble at all.

Yes, Ref 1 is one of the IEMs really capable of creating pumping bass, similar to ASG2.5. Not saying anything bad about Noble Katana or K10U, but just being factual. In my audition of the Noble K10U and Katana, they are very good IEMs, and they are very nice sounding. Just that the bass description of the K10U or Katana is over exaggerated for some.

On the other hand, with all the IEMs you own, you should try out the JH Layla.  

Nov 19, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #23,501 of 36,135
Hello Noble Fans!

Can anyone recommend me tips for my KATANAS?

Are there maybe any triple flanges that suit the katanas?

So far i have used the jvs spirals and the ones included when delivered, but i am still missing the perfect seal on my right ear

Thanks for your help guys!

Nov 19, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #23,502 of 36,135
Hello Noble Fans!

So far i have used the jvs spirals and the ones included when delivered, but i am still missing the perfect seal on my right ear

Only way to really know for sure is try for yourself. Hit up ebay find some cheapos for testing. Usual suspects, Comply, Spinfits, etc, also try a larger size of the tips you have for your problem ear.

Nov 19, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #23,503 of 36,135
Hello Noble Fans!

Comply has served me well, but Shure's Orange Foam Sleeves (EAORF2) are by far the best seal I ever had and have been using them with both, my K10U and Katana.
Frequency response/retention is brilliant, especially low and mid-bass on the Katana, which are not forgiving with a so-so seal. 

Nov 19, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #23,504 of 36,135
I did order some triple flanges, the shures and ortofon tips now. In some weeks i did hopefully find the best solution! Any more hints are ofc appreciated!

Nov 20, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #23,505 of 36,135
I think it is time for my mea culpa.
I have frequently insisted that the iPhone is more than good enough for the K10.
I poo hooed the Mojo. I was wrong.
Here is my "review".
OK. So I have had the Mojo for a month. I was going to write a review at this point as I feel as though I have spent enough time listening to get past all the psychological factors that make a new device so seductive.
Instead I will say this.
Coincidental with the time that I have been using the Mojo something that had been going on in my life has taken me higher than I have ever been and now smashed me down from that height to the floor.
The Mojo has enabled my music to be with me every step of the way.
I haven't AB'd, blind tested or measured but I tell you this. I don't believe my phone alone would have connected with my emotions so deeply with the music and allowed it to help.
That's about the highest endorsement I can give.
I would like to thank DavidA for convincing me to try the Mojo properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back