Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Sep 7, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #21,901 of 36,093
You know those weird things that happen that gives you the chills..

Just 10 minutes ago I googled 'Be water my friend' to check, from where I actually heard the phrase.. 

Sep 7, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #21,903 of 36,093
Does the k10 Custom protude out of thr ear or can you lay on your pillow?

get one of those U-shaped pillows that people use for neck support on airplanes (one that's more sturdy I guess), and the usage should be self-evident - the ear with IEM goes in the middle, ideally the cable throuh the opening. Works for me. I just swap it back for normal pillow right before doze off, along with hp removal.

Sep 7, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #21,904 of 36,093
Sending off my impressions for my K10's today.

It's been a long wait since I ordered them, but my jaw is now in the right position and I can't wait! Although I did get a chance to try JH16's when I was getting my impressions and thought they sounded great!

Looking forward to receiving my new CIEMs! What's the average wait time for a build these days?

just curious - what prompted you to redo the impressions?

Sep 7, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #21,905 of 36,093
Hi all,

I'm very seriously thinking of getting some Katanas. The sound appears to be exactly what I like (neutral, airy, detailed). 

Two questions: 

How isolating are they? I often like to work in noisy cafes. 
(I'm also thinking of getting the Sure KSE1500s, and am wondering if anyone has tried both.)

Do people generally get third-party cables, or are the Noble ones good? 

Thanks for any input. 

Zachary 

Sep 7, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #21,906 of 36,093
Thanks for interpreting those graphs! I'm in a very blasphemous minority because piercing treble is exactly how I'd describe the K10UA. Sibilance on mine is at times intolerable.

Now now... Fan persons... No flame throwing. I'm not saying they sound bad. And no its not a sealing issue; seal and bass are spot on. But treble is still hot to my own personal ears. They're absolutely awesome for orchestral and metal. I just wouldn't use the K10 to listen to female vocals, or Gollum looking for his precioussss

You are entitled to your opinion, and bringing up the negative aspects of IEMS (actually everything here) is very important and seems to get overlooked, and items receive nothing but praise, only leading to people buying things, and being disappointed.(occasionally)

As far as your experience, I'm sure it's not unique, but definitely is on the rarer side of things from what I've read. Anyway, I'm far from a Noble fanboy, I bought the K10 expecting to not love it. I really tried to not like it... But I do. I'm a basshead, but enjoy the other frequencies. I don't enjoy piercing treble, and although the K10s are probably the brightest IEMS I own, I don't find the treble offensive at all. It's definitely a little different than what I'm used to, but I think the treble is done very well. It's borderline of being too much for me, but borderline is pretty much ideal, as it's as the limit of my tolerance or enjoyable level.

I really enjoy my K10s. It took some time, but I decided to keep them as they fit nicely in my collection and do something that my other IEMs don't. So I'm happy.

They are very well rounded, they don't do anything bad, and do everything good at least, if not great.

As far as Apple, I thought they were doing some new wireless tech, not Bluetooth? Nvm. Have my answer.

Sep 8, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #21,909 of 36,093

​
Hybrid Opal from Japan on deck, exclusive to Katana​
 ​
 ​
 ​

Wow these are absolutely beautiful....now I've got a case of the wants .... *wallet gasps*

Sep 9, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #21,915 of 36,093
Westone cable seems nice but it's mmcx only, my K10 has 2 pin connection.

You can still get 2-pin cables from Westone:

https://www.westone.com/store/music/index.php/epic-pro-replacement-cables-50-inch-clear.html

There are different colours & lengths available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back