Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Sep 1, 2016 at 2:10 AM Post #21,796 of 36,071
  As promised, here are the pictures of the new Noble case. they are much smaller than I expected. About  the same height as the UE case in the picture. The lid is a screw on type which is great. The bottom is  semi see through. I have my K10's cable and a silica pack in it, its a VERY tight fit. If I crunch them and crack them again, I guess I am just a complete idiot, again. This case is either going to be about as perfect as one can be, or too small, its hard to say, I am willing to risk breaking them again just to provide accurate info on the case. I wrapped my cable around 3 fingers to fit it in, its a 24AWG cable.

I need a new case for my K10s. Currently I use my JH case. When will case be available on web site? Sounds like you have the inside scoop!

Sep 1, 2016 at 6:04 AM Post #21,797 of 36,071
  As promised, here are the pictures of the new Noble case. they are much smaller than I expected. About  the same height as the UE case in the picture. The lid is a screw on type which is great. The bottom is  semi see through. I have my K10's cable and a silica pack in it, its a VERY tight fit. If I crunch them and crack them again, I guess I am just a complete idiot, again. This case is either going to be about as perfect as one can be, or too small, its hard to say, I am willing to risk breaking them again just to provide accurate info on the case. I wrapped my cable around 3 fingers to fit it in, its a 24AWG cable.

Hey Wata.....any idea when the case will be available?
I'm using a Linum Balanced cable so I won't have the crowding problem....

Sep 1, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #21,802 of 36,071
Does it come with the silica pack?

https://www.amazon.com/Dry-Packs-Cotton-Silica-Packet-Pack/dp/B0038N30OY/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1472736395&sr=8-5&keywords=silica+pack

That's a bundle of 20 silica packs for $7. Maybe if you found 19 other (c)iem owners you could pool together and split the cost? 
biggrin.gif

Sep 1, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #21,803 of 36,071
If you leave out the silica pack over time you may have several more interesting colors.... 
biggrin.gif

Sep 1, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #21,804 of 36,071
Watagump is your cable 22awg or 24awg? Looks too thick for a classic 4 conductor 26awg. Get a linum super bax once it's out and be happy :)

Sep 1, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #21,806 of 36,071
@Watagump is your cable 22awg or 24awg? Looks too thick for a classic 4 conductor 26awg. Get a linum super bax once it's out and be happy
smily_headphones1.gif

Aside from Linum, 24awg is very much a normal size for after market iem cables from what I've seen.  Not to mention the 8 conductor models available.  I'd like to see the cable makers start coming out with cases suitable for their heavier gauge products.

Sep 1, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #21,807 of 36,071
Would Zeus be ok with mojo as far as hiss? Is the treble that weak?

Yes. The Zeus sounds great with the Mojo. And no, its treble isn't weak - it's just smooth and not very prominent, as compared to treble powerhouses on the market. Its sound signature is very similar to the K10, actually. If you love lush and powerful mids, and a slightly heavier bottom end, the K10 and the Zeus are 2 of the best choices right now.

Sep 1, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #21,808 of 36,071
Yes. The Zeus sounds great with the Mojo. And no, its treble isn't weak - it's just smooth and not very prominent, as compared to treble powerhouses on the market. Its sound signature is very similar to the K10, actually. If you love lush and powerful mids, and a slightly heavier bottom end, the K10 and the Zeus are 2 of the best choices right now.

Thank you so much, which would you say excels in overall clarity. And resolution

Sep 2, 2016 at 7:12 AM Post #21,809 of 36,071
Can anyone chime in on the noble sla 3d print? I was curious about the acrylic compared to sla. Ive heard they are the same material as the others minus the beautiful artwork. Would love to hear from someone that has a pair.

Judging from my experience with K10 SLA, i would say AVOID SLA from Noble if possible, be patient and spend a little more for the proper piece that is made in China. 
Since i just wanted a clear shell, the 2 weeks build time of the SLA units was really tempting for me. Ordered in mid May, got the piece after 6 weeks NOT 2 weeks. I understand they were probably busy and custom products takes time, but it only got worse after i finally receive the piece.

The drivers in the unit were wrapped around with some kind of tape, looks like SLA team forgot to remove them after the assembly. Although it does not affect SQ, that is certainly not the custom earpiece which i paid over £1000 for. Brannan agreed to take them back to remove the tapes, and estimated 2 weeks wait time, guess what, I waited another 6 weeks. Apparently Noble had to make new pieces for me as removing the tape wasn't possible, but REALLY? 6 weeks? what happened to 2 weeks lead time advertised online? 

Despite the wait, i'm still happy to receive my piece without the ugly tape finally in Mid August. However, it's literally shocking to find the new unit to be FAULTY after all. The right chanel is clearly muffled and quieter compares to the left one. My Audiologist also confirmed the defect and sent them back AGAIN. I find it really hard to believe that a company with such reputation like Noble does not test their products before shipping. 2 weeks since, i still havent got an response on what they going to do with my piece.

Sep 2, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #21,810 of 36,071
Judging from my experience with K10 SLA, i would say AVOID SLA from Noble if possible, be patient and spend a little more for the proper piece that is made in China. 
Since i just wanted a clear shell, the 2 weeks build time of the SLA units was really tempting for me. Ordered in mid May, got the piece after 6 weeks NOT 2 weeks. I understand they were probably busy and custom products takes time, but it only got worse after i finally receive the piece.

The drivers in the unit were wrapped around with some kind of tape, looks like SLA team forgot to remove them after the assembly. Although it does not affect SQ, that is certainly not the custom earpiece which i paid over £1000 for. Brannan agreed to take them back to remove the tapes, and estimated 2 weeks wait time, guess what, I waited another 6 weeks. Apparently Noble had to make new pieces for me as removing the tape wasn't possible, but REALLY? 6 weeks? what happened to 2 weeks lead time advertised online? 

Despite the wait, i'm still happy to receive my piece without the ugly tape finally in Mid August. However, it's literally shocking to find the new unit to be FAULTY after all. The right chanel is clearly muffled and quieter compares to the left one. My Audiologist also confirmed the defect and sent them back AGAIN. I find it really hard to believe that a company with such reputation like Noble does not test their products before shipping. 2 weeks since, i still havent got an response on what they going to do with my piece.

Well that rules k10 out for me, I was seriously considering the SLA, thank you for sharing

Those are many many weeks for that type of money.

That lowers perceived value

Users who are viewing this thread

Back