Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Sep 30, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #15,077 of 36,135
Please good sirs... The flames... Pm

Sorry Joe, just got to my Injustice bone on this one. Carry on
beerchug.gif

Sep 30, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #15,078 of 36,135
I've only heard the Savant and the Noble 6, and the Savant kicked the six's butt for a lot less money. It was clear and balanced with nothing overblown. It was the best sounding iem at CanJam London that I heard, and I listened to the Angie and Layla, and the Aurisonics range.

I could give a flying spaghetti monster about how many drivers are in it. The tuning is gorgeous. Would I like to see better shells, you bet I would, and hopefully Noble takes that into account. After hearing the Savant, it shot to the top of my IEM wishlist, and is in the top five for my Head-Fi products list. Planar magnetic headphones and a better high definition DAP are at the top of my list.

Keep rocking, Noble. You make awesome stuff. I still need to try your Kaiser. I didn't want to frighten away my wallet completely at CanJam London.

beerchug.gif

Sep 30, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #15,079 of 36,135

Hmm, does this mean we will all be able to buy a pair of Sentinel's in the near future for a deep deep discount on the Savant price
rolleyes.gif

Here is my one-time rant.  To complain about the material cost of the product not equaling the retail sale price is both naive on your part and insulting to many on this site. 

Ultimately, it is customer's perception of the sound and product quality which demands the cost (and coolness factor). If the product is poor then sales will be low and prices cut to move product. I'm unclear on what the issue is in this case.  This is probably the fifth time this year where I hear someone complaining that the material cost of a product doesn't approach the retail selling price.  It is getting soooooo boring.  Learn something about business.  Included in the delta between the material cost and retail are (to name only a few): research and development, production costs, spoils, legal fees, marketing, sales, human resources, IT, travel, training, facility leases and maintenance, transportation, insurance, loan expenses, accounting, finance, taxes and tax prep., regulatory compliance, audit expenses both internal and external, consulting etc. etc. etc.The closer the cost of the product approaches it's retail price the greater the likelihood the company will be in bankruptcy.  

Let's keep is civil and to the site's topic.

Sep 30, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #15,080 of 36,135
No one better call me a fanboy, I am 51 years old, I am a fanMAN. I will support anyone who sells something I highly believe in, that's Noble, and I am damn proud of it. I don't own anything Apple, but you know what, they make great phones, its just not my cup of tea.

Sep 30, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #15,081 of 36,135
I've only heard the Savant and the Noble 6, and the Savant kicked the six's butt for a lot less money. It was clear and balanced with nothing overblown. It was the best sounding iem at CanJam London that I heard, and I listened to the Angie and Layla, and the Aurisonics range.

I could give a flying spaghetti monster about how many drivers are in it. The tuning is gorgeous. Would I like to see better shells, you bet I would, and hopefully Noble takes that into account. After hearing the Savant, it shot to the top of my IEM wishlist, and is in the top five for my Head-Fi products list. Planar magnetic headphones and a better high definition DAP are at the top of my list.

Keep rocking, Noble. You make awesome stuff. I still need to try your Kaiser. I didn't want to frighten away my wallet completely at CanJam London.

:beerchug:

Having owned both, I don't agree that Savant kicks N6's butt. N6 has similar detail, similar midrange warmth, superior sub-bass extension, and definitely more mid bass. Savant is cleaner with a more spacious presentation. The bass is nice and punchy too. Both are very good IEMs. I prefer the Savant for vocals and minimalistic type recordings, but the N6 is awesome for electronic, hip hop and high octane rock music. It's just a matter of preference really.

Sep 30, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #15,082 of 36,135

I know i am not the first person to crack. It's so obvious. But why must you point out as if I'm so happy to crack it? I'm not. Just showing my opinion here. Unless again, that's banned. 

(1) None of this would have even happened if from   Day 1 it's announced that it's a two driver instead of selling it like it's containing White House Secrets, but hey, your product, you sell it as you see fit. And even if Barack Obama claims the Savant is the best thing on planet earth, it's his opinion which doesn't affect me. (3) So congrats on having loyal supporters of the product, which every brand also has.

(4) I don't seriously know why everyone is so worked up about this. it's a simple opinion and 2 photos. Like everyone says here, each has their own preference. 

(1) Ohhh so you are here to maintain some sense of "balance," "teach Noble a lesson,"  here to keep companies "in line," the "sentinel against the oprresive evil IEM companies"  "Reveal your components or I'll do it for you"

(2) so your uptight about the driver count, if that is the case, why post the make and model numbers of the drivers and the resistor value as well?

(3) Yes every company has fans, and I think your post is self evident of that.

(4) Not everyone is worked up about this, but I'm sure our competitors are thrilled to now know what the internals of the Savant are. You may not care about the ramifications of your post, but I know 12 families that will care.

FYI, Noble is not a parts supply house.  You can get parts at Digikey, or Mousier.

Noble designs, builds, assembles, creates custom in ear monitors and universal monitors and we carry all the costs associated with doing that.  We do the best we can, with what we have.  I started building CIEMs in a bathroom, fortunatley those days are behind me.  Brannan was still in college when Noble began, pulling 16hrs of classes and I do believe he finished his degree in 3 years rather than 4. 

My team has battled more wars than could be concieved. The IEM lab has been through an earthquake and flooded out 3 times.  But yet we still meet our dead lines, The CIEM lab, their stories are even at a greater scale, but unfortunatley those stories will probably never be known.   Regardless, short of water boarding, they have been through a lot.

And we will still keep going....  and if we do have fans, they were earned, one by one.

As for the shell quality going "down hill"

The shell is the same shell we have been using sense we opened approximatley two years....   so the quality of that shell hasn't deterioted etc etc.   That being said, if a company isn't moving forward it is dyeing.....   and we realize that.   Rome wasn't built in a day, we will keep hoaning our craft, and keep improveng.where we can when we can.

As for a "expressing an opinion in a rational manner."   I'm all for that, but slander I do not appreciate.  Never have I once stated that the Savant sounds like a 4 driver or a 9 driver.  I don't even know of a commercially availble 9 driver on the market today, or that has ever been on the market. 

So it would be like saying.....  "The spice on my burger reminds me of the flavor of moon dust."

Beyond that, there is a great graph of the Savant and the K10 on head fi, and if you scrutinize it, you will see that the Savant is very similar......   so would this mean is sounds like a 10 driver?   I don't know but there is no logic in saying a particular sound quality sounds like "X" number of drivers.

As for the pink gold screws being used, and this some how was supposed to be "suggestive of 5 drivers."   that is just more slanderous guess work..  The fact of the matter is, I had about 3K USD worth of pink gold screws (over stocked) and so I decided to use them on the Savant. I also added my signature to the side of the shell in order to distinguish a Savant driver from the N5.  It also just so happened that I felt that the Savant was "special" and deserved to be dressed in gold.  The screw had zero relationship with the driver count and I have never contended that it did.  If folks guessed that it did, that was done on their own accord.

Ok, 5 AM now, Brannan called me at 2 Am in a panic.  

I'm off to bed, (friggin roosters are awake now, 4,000 chickens all excited)

I have a 10hr drive in front of me, I got go pick up my boys.   Why they are 10hrs away from me is another story, for another time....   and yes, the story is Noble related.

Folks, I'm doing my life's work here, and I'm fortunate to have a stellar team and I say this with humility.....     I am fortunate to have fans, you folks are appreciated, and when I learn of people owning 6 sets of a product that I developed and possibly even made with my hands....   I'm at a loss for words

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Sep 30, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #15,083 of 36,135

(1) Ohhh so you are here to maintain some sense of "balance," "teach Noble a lesson,"  here to keep companies "in line," the "sentinel against the oprresive evil IEM companies"  "Reveal your components or I'll do it for you"

(2) so your uptight about the driver count, if that is the case, why post the make and model numbers of the drivers and the resistor value as well?

(4) Not everyone is worked up about this, but I'm sure our competitors are thrilled to now know what the internals of the Savant are. You may not care about the ramifications of your post, but I know 12 families that will care.

FYI, Noble is not a parts supply house.  You can get parts at Digikey, or Mousier.

Noble designs, builds, assembles, creates custom in ear monitors and universal monitors and we carry all the costs associated with doing that.  We do the best we can, with what we have.  I started building CIEMs in a bathroom, fortunatley those days are behind me.  Brannan was still in college when Noble began, pulling 16hrs of classes and I do believe he finished his degree in 3 years rather than 4. 

My team has battled more wars than could be concieved. The IEM lab has been through an earthquake and flooded out 3 times.  But yet we still meet our dead lines, The CIEM lab, their stories are even at a greater scale, but unfortunatley those stories will probably never be known.   Regardless, short of water boarding, they have been through a lot.

And we will still keep going....  and if we do have fans, they were earned, one by one.

The shell is the same shell we have been using sense we opened approximatley two years....   so the quality of that shell hasn't deterioted etc etc.   That being said, if a company isn't moving forward it is dyeing.....   and we realize that.   Rome wasn't built in a day, we will keep hoaning our craft, and keep improveng.where we can when we can.

As for a "expressing an opinion in a rational manner."   I'm all for that, but slander I do not appreciate.  Never have I once stated that the Savant sounds like a 4 driver or a 9 driver.  I don't even know of a commercially availble 9 driver on the market today, or that has ever been on the market. 

So it would be like saying.....  "The spice on my burger reminds me of the flavor of moon dust."

Beyond that, there is a great graph of the Savant and the K10 on head fi, and if you scrutinize it, you will see that the Savant is very similar......   so would this mean is sounds like a 10 driver?   I don't know but there is no logic in saying a particular sound quality sounds like "X" number of drivers.

As for the pink gold screws being used, and this some how was supposed to be "suggestive of 5 drivers."   that is just more slanderous guess work..  The fact of the matter is, I had about 3K USD worth of pink gold screws (over stocked) and so I decided to use them on the Savant. I also added my signature to the side of the shell in order to distinguish a Savant driver from the N5.  It also just so happened that I felt that the Savant was "special" and deserved to be dressed in gold.  The screw had zero relationship with the driver count and I have never contended that it did.  If folks guessed that it did, that was done on their own accord.

I have a 10hr drive in front of me, I got go pick up my boys.   Why they are 10hrs away from me is another story, for another time....   and yes, the story is Noble related.

Folks, I'm doing my life's work here, and I'm fortunate to have a stellar team and I say this with humility.....     I am fortunate to have fans, you folks are appreciated, and when I learn of people owning 6 sets of a product that I developed and possibly even made with my hands....   I'm at a loss for words

Well from my experience with my Noble 3U, you've got a fan for life in me. Also would love to read some more of those stories. Interim title 'Dr John Moulton: A Noble Life'

Sep 30, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #15,084 of 36,135
Having owned both, I don't agree that Savant kicks N6's butt. N6 has similar detail, similar midrange warmth, superior sub-bass extension, and definitely more mid bass. Savant is cleaner with a more spacious presentation. The bass is nice and punchy too. Both are very good IEMs. I prefer the Savant for vocals and minimalistic type recordings, but the N6 is awesome for electronic, hip hop and high octane rock music. It's just a matter of preference really.

Everybody has their flavour. I thought the N6 sounded a bit thick and the Savant was clear and balanced. I'm not a fan of mid-bassy sound and generally hate EDM. I am a fan of hip-hop, but not all the glitzy sounding stuff. High octane rock music doesn't need a heavy mid-bass for me. High octane rock music usually doesn't even need that special a headphone, as it is generally compressed to hell and just needs something with good detail and speed to prevent nasty sludgery.

To each their own. I'm just happy that folks with more money than me are supporting Noble. Their stuff is excellent.

"Some day we'll be together...Say it say it say it. Yeah!"
-Diana Ross, expressing my Noble dreams

Sep 30, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #15,087 of 36,135

Respect the hell out of you John! (Oh, and Brannan and the rest of the team too). You all are both noble and no-bull. Cheers and keep doing the great work you do

Sep 30, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #15,088 of 36,135
Live from Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2015 in Denver, Colorado, Noble introduces a new aluminium Kaiser 10U and stereolithography (SLA) 3D printed CIEM line!
 ​
 ​
1) Kaiser 10U (Aluminium)
 ​
 ​
The new Kaiser 10U features an all-new precision-machined aluminium housing designed and manufactured in beautiful California. The screwless, seamless, design coupled with an updated Noble universal form factor makes for a more aesthetically intriguing and comfortable earphone. Build time has also been significantly reduced, which should result in more consistent supply.​
 ​
Despite the advancements in construction and design, the retail price of the new K10U remains unchanged at $1,599. As with the rest of our universal line, the K10U will see refreshed packaging including a premium exterior box and a USA-made Pelican 1010 case.​
 ​
Due to immense international demand, the new K10U is backordered. Individual pre-orders are being accepted at this time for shipment in 2015.
 ​
 ​
 ​

​
 ​
 ​
2) Stereolithography (SLA) 3D Printed CIEMs
 ​
A full SLA CIEM line is added as an option for our customers on a budget or those that simply desire fewer frills.​
 ​
Available in solid black, smoke, red, and blue, lower prices and much shorter lead times are some of the key benefits made possible with the latest SLA technology.​
 ​
Prices for Noble SLA CIEMs range from $499 for the Noble 3SLA, $1199 for the Savant SLA, and $1399 for the Kaiser 10SLA.​
 ​
The standard lead-time for Noble SLA CIEMs is 10 business days (2 weeks) or less from receipt of impressions at our US office. We will also accept digital impressions in STL file format to further save even more time and shipping costs.​
 ​
The entire Noble SLA CIEM line will be available beginning in October.

If you are attending Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2015 in Denver, please be sure to stop by the booth and say hello!
 ​
 ​
_______________________________________________​
 ​
 ​

Sep 30, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #15,089 of 36,135
Brannan you cheeky cheeky mannn 
tongue.gif

And just a few weeks ago you were saying how SLA is something you guys "might consider" haha!

Congratz on always moving forward! 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back