Nightjar Singularity
Dec 31, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #139 of 208
Does anyone know what stock tips Singularity has? I don't mean the black ones, but the clear ones. Is that something you can buy elsewhere?
They are the Subtonic house tips, most similar commercially available tips are the Acoustune AET07. Hope this helps.

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Jan 17, 2024 at 10:12 AM Post #143 of 208
@NewEve
See pictures. Very very similar in dimensions
Roughly 5mm large , 4mm long for both
Shape is a bit different though

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-01-17-15-59-54-335_com.miui.gallery-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-17-15-59-54-335_com.miui.gallery-edit.jpg
    993 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2024-01-17-16-00-21-536_com.miui.gallery-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-17-16-00-21-536_com.miui.gallery-edit.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Jan 28, 2024 at 3:18 AM Post #146 of 208
@NewEve
See pictures. Very very similar in dimensions
Roughly 5mm large , 4mm long for both
Shape is a bit different though
For further reference should anyone has a similar question than I had: although the nozzles indeed are similar size-wise, the lip at the end of the Singularity's nozzle made all the difference making them a thicker fit than expected although I ended-up finding a confortable one — I really got lucky here (see my review for more details).

With that said, thanks again to @cocolinho — your post made me get the Singularity and they're stunning IEMs!

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #147 of 208
Quick question for Singularity owners: is the 2-pin cable receptacle recessed into or flush with the surface of the IEM?

The reason I ask is that if the receptacle is recessed into the surface of the IEM, then there‘s less risk of bending or breaking the cable’s pins if you (ahem) occasionally fall asleep and roll over onto the IEM. On the other hand, if the cable receptacle is flush with the surface of the IEM and not recessed into the IEM surface, then pressure is put directly onto the cable’s pins, which then more easily bend/break over time. I had this problem with JH16s years ago - the cable pins would bend and break over time - and I haven’t had this problem since with IEMs with recessed receptacles or MMCX connectors.

Jan 28, 2024 at 3:16 PM Post #148 of 208
Quick question for Singularity owners: is the 2-pin cable receptacle recessed into or flush with the surface of the IEM?

The reason I ask is that if the receptacle is recessed into the surface of the IEM, then there‘s less risk of bending or breaking the cable’s pins if you (ahem) occasionally fall asleep and roll over onto the IEM. On the other hand, if the cable receptacle is flush with the surface of the IEM and not recessed into the IEM surface, then pressure is put directly onto the cable’s pins, which then more easily bend/break over time. I had this problem with JH16s years ago - the cable pins would bend and break over time - and I haven’t had this problem since with IEMs with recessed receptacles or MMCX connectors.
Recessed!

Feb 1, 2024 at 9:18 AM Post #150 of 208
If anyone is looking for an alternate presentation a bit more resolutive on the high frequencies and overall tightened , I suggest experimenting with silver cables if you have any laying around.

I personally have paired my Singularity with a Tormenta Glacier EP for now, and love the results.

IMG_1612.jpeg
Hey, great find! I tried a silver cable with Sing before (PW Silver Liars) and it was indeed more resolving, but I found timbre took a hit. Did you find that to be the case with your silver cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back