Night Time Shots Of Our Tubes Glowing -- Post Them Here!!
Feb 4, 2008 at 3:42 PM Post #46 of 1,510
Quote:

Those are awesome pictures! I think that I have a new wallpaper for my work machine now.

Feb 4, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #47 of 1,510
I wouldn't listen to something demonic at night
redface.gif

Nice pics btw.

Feb 4, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #48 of 1,510
Here are my shots in the Darkvoice 336i
rolleyes.gif

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

IMG_1221-1.jpg

Feb 5, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #49 of 1,510
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
img4497copyjg4.jpg

Does it sound better or different to you with the green LEDs? LOL! Seriously though, observing color psychology makes a difference in the way our body perceives things and operates. I went to school for marketing(l realized I would not do well because I have a conscience, so I became an interior designer and lacquer finisher). From 15 years experience and thousand of dollars in education I learned the obvious.

A yellow(sun) room envokes energy and thought and will make you think too much, red one evokes higher blood pressure and thus heightened emotions like anger and romance(pale skinned people when excited), orange(fire) will screw your mind into overload, blue(sky and water) is cheery and light footed promotes energy, green(foliage) is relaxing and soothing, brown(earth) too is relaxing and solidifying, dark blue and black(night) create a sense of power, fear, and authority over others. For the most part these are developed from social and environmental influence ingrained in our brains and can differ depending on where you come from. For example, I hear that in China red is the soothing color.

You cannot disregard a few million years of evolution starting from the days when communication was primitive and we depended on our senses a lot more. Red cheeks, lips, and noses told it was time to mate or to fight for the right to mate. This is why women where make-up and a Ferrari should be red. Green is soothing and relaxing and is why most hospital interiors are paint a light green or white with a subtle green hue. Proven fact that weight lifters can lift more and longer in a blue room. Beige and light brown are standard colors if you want to sell a house because the earths comfort is universal. Dracula and high priced lawyers where dark blue and black to exert power over and fear into their rivals. Orange is used in most construction and warning sign because contact with fire is universally bad to all creatures on this planet. Green and light blue represents life and from the sky, water, and plants necessary for our survival. And the one color almost all civilizations lust for is yellow. For yellow is the sun and all life on earth comes from it. It radiates and energizes the surface of the planet and without it we would all die. Great for stimulating though and activity, bad for a baby's bedroom or any bedroom. This may also explain man's constant pursuit of gold and why it is always been of value even when there was no money!

So from this we can understand why manufacturers use different colors for their products. Coke will never change their logo and that is not an accident, as well as marks like Pepsi(complimentary colors), Campbell's soup will always have the same four colors, Limos are black, Italian cars are red, US money is green, and so on and so on... A product can sell, taste, and even sound better if it colored well. No it does not change the sound, it changes your perception of the sound.

Snake oil, think about it... If you are going to but a portable amp and it came in five colors, blood red, sky blue, sage green, walnut brown, or flat black which one would you choose and why. Most men go black because it looks mean and powerful. Women generally would go green or blue because it comforts them, brown is typically avoided because it is just too ordinary and red would be selected by those who want to get noticed.

So now keep an open mind about this, remember that the sound is always present, we just perceive it differently. A black amp to most will sound more powerful, a red one will bring euphoric emotions to light, blue, green and brown will be a more natural, smooth and liquid presentation. This is all due to the way you senses react to that color without you ever knowing. Hence why people have a favorite color. I will not even get into the favorite number thing!

So really, if you can switch off you LED and brainwashing for a minute and open your mind to new(actually very old) ideas, please tell me if you can hear a difference between orange tubes and green tubes. Have you ever thought why Audio manufacturers have gone from red and orange LEDs for their displays to blue ones? Yes it is a market trend, but why? Because hundreds of millions of dollars are spent every year fine tuning products' colors so you enjoy them more. Most good interior designers, marketing reps, philosophers, sociology profs, and psychologists and they will tell you the effects of color on our body's physiology, not just preference. Red really does make your heart race and blood pressure rise! Dark blue "power suits" are worn for a reason. Ever wondered why 90% of the worlds police and military dress uniforms are dark blue? Ever wondered why the cop in dark blue will ticket a red car over a blue one? Why red cars look fast standing still? Why sitting in front of a nice orange and red glowing fireplace gets you into the mood?

So if you want the tailor the sound of you stereo, start with the color of your room!

Feb 5, 2008 at 9:47 PM Post #50 of 1,510
Quote:

Originally Posted by rodentmacbeastie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So if you want the tailor the sound of you stereo, start with the color of your room!

I really enjoyed this post...thanks

Feb 6, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #51 of 1,510
Quote:

Originally Posted by rodentmacbeastie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does it sound better or different to you with the green LEDs? LOL! Seriously though, observing color psychology makes a difference in the way our body perceives things and operates. I went to school for marketing(l realized I would not do well because I have a conscience, so I became an interior designer and lacquer finisher)

*snip*

Really? I'm actually moving away from designing and going into marketing because I don't have an conscience
cool.gif

I actually didn't build the amp, and if the color choice was mine, i'd put an LED in there to enhance the natural color of the tubes. If anything, I find warmer colors have a big calming effect on me, so if the tubes looked like the other ones in this thread- with the long exposures- it might play a roll on the perceived sound.

LED rolling time?

Also spot on with the green being calm. I went to a Japaneses garden, and everything was green- no colors. They even close in the fall and winter seasons. The guy who worked there said places like those are where the monks or whoever, would go to meditate and things like that.

I really enjoyed your post and it is very deep and touches on many things and brings up so many other things in which i'm sure one could write books on- and probably has.

Feb 6, 2008 at 1:42 AM Post #53 of 1,510
Lovely pictures everyone!
Simply beautiful!

Feb 7, 2008 at 8:24 AM Post #55 of 1,510
IMGP2905.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG]
IMGP2900.jpg
[/IMG]
IMGP2908.jpg
[/IMG]

Feb 7, 2008 at 12:31 PM Post #57 of 1,510
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMG_5376.JPG

My Ray Samuels Audio Raptor at night.

b.gif

that's hot.

Feb 7, 2008 at 2:39 PM Post #58 of 1,510
Very Slight Flash
ldmkii01om2.jpg

No Flash
ldmkii02bn9.jpg

Feb 7, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #59 of 1,510
DSC00725.JPG

Little Dot MK II. My first tube amp, 1 week old. LOVE IT.

Shot with my wife's Sony point-and-shoot on 'Night' mode (no flash). I'm itching to bust out my Nikon D70 DSLR and macro lens and do some insane close-ups of the tubes. So pretty, it's almost naughty.

Feb 7, 2008 at 8:41 PM Post #60 of 1,510
All of those are amazing, it makes me want a tube amp more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back