Night Time Shots Of Our Tubes Glowing -- Post Them Here!!
Nov 1, 2010 at 5:47 AM Post #556 of 1,510
That is correct
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 1, 2010 at 6:15 AM Post #557 of 1,510
My Krell Thermonuclear Core.... sunk 50 miles into the planet.....

(Actually it's a Bijou OTL amp)

Daytime view

Nov 1, 2010 at 7:34 AM Post #558 of 1,510
And, no, the blue glow is not from Cherenkov radiation.   It is just the LED indicators on the amp boards.

Nov 1, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #559 of 1,510

Quote:
And, no, the blue glow is not from Cherenkov radiation.   It is just the LED indicators on the amp boards.

You link to the cherenkov rdiation article as if we don't already know what it is, pha!  You insult our intelligence.
And, no, we didn't confuse the (tacky?) glow of LED's for the cool effect of cherenkov radiation.  ^_^

Nov 2, 2010 at 6:47 AM Post #560 of 1,510
I think you've been hit with too much Bremsstrahlung, it's made you cranky.

As for the LEDs being tacky, talk to the guy who designed the circuit, not me.  That would be Cavalli Audio. Personally I don't think anything they design is particularly tacky.

Nov 2, 2010 at 7:53 AM Post #561 of 1,510
Nothing about the design is tacky, but I personally would've adjusted the LED resistor to keep the brightness reasonable as opposed to chassis-lighting brightness (and I would've used a red LED, blue IMO is overused).

Nov 2, 2010 at 10:13 AM Post #562 of 1,510

Quote:
My Krell Thermonuclear Core.... sunk 50 miles into the planet.....

(Actually it's a Bijou OTL amp)

Daytime view

Very nice. I'm glad the cage is in place to keep the tubes from attacking you?
biggrin.gif

Objects all aglow is always impressive no matter what color imho.

Nov 2, 2010 at 11:13 AM Post #563 of 1,510
Is there any particular point to the LEDs though?  Other than "oooh...bluuuue!"?

Nov 2, 2010 at 2:44 PM Post #566 of 1,510
Quote:
Probably not. Just like exposing the tubes when you don't have to: "Oooh...tubes!"
biggrin.gif

Lol, true.  At least tube exposure has some validity, since they get really hot.  Nothing like cool, clean air to help dissipate that heat.  And besides...the look so sexy!  My non-audiophile friends can't even wrap their heads around what they do, lol.

Nov 2, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #567 of 1,510

Quote:
Lol, true.  At least tube exposure has some validity, since they get really hot.  Nothing like cool, clean air to help dissipate that heat.  And besides...the look so sexy!  My non-audiophile friends can't even wrap their heads around what they do, lol.

I know. Some of my mega-audiophile friends don't even know what tubes are. Peter is a DJ and he has never ever played a vinyl record nor has he ever seen an actual vacuum tube. I showed him my Woo and he took his iPhone out and photographed it for his friends. Grant it he's 21 years old but really! Never played a vinyl record? Huh? Cool guy though.

Nov 3, 2010 at 7:25 PM Post #570 of 1,510

Quote:
I think you've been hit with too much Bremsstrahlung, it's made you cranky.

As for the LEDs being tacky, talk to the guy who designed the circuit, not me.  That would be Cavalli Audio. Personally I don't think anything they design is particularly tacky.

That could be, being around FEL's.

Personally, I think the LED lighting is SUPER TACKY!  But that's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back