NF Audio impression thread.
Feb 21, 2021 at 4:42 AM Post #1,052 of 1,292
Does this fit NM2+? Not qdc.
QDC and 2-pin are cross-compatible, it's just a matter of whether there is an overhang over the pins or not. 2-pin cables will fit both QDC and 2-pin IEMs, but QDC cables will fit only QDC IEMs.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #1,053 of 1,292
Yep, still kicking myself over the many QDC cables I bought, back in my KZ days. Buy 2-pin folks!

The good thing about QDC is usually the connector is angled (whereas 2-pin is usually straight), which may be more comfy depending on the fit.

images (4).jpeg

Feb 21, 2021 at 6:37 PM Post #1,056 of 1,292
I literally had this query today. I'm looking to replace the stock cable on NF NM2 iem.
So QDC would be ok? What about the polarity issue I've heard some people post about? Many thanks
Polarity is not an issue, as long as you hook up the right and left cable up the same way. QDC sockets are of reversed polarity compared to standard 2 pin sockets, but again, it shouldn’t matter. If using 2 pin plugs, just make sure the dot is facing the same way on R and L plugs.

Feb 22, 2021 at 7:25 AM Post #1,059 of 1,292
Btw I just tried it out, the NM2+ really does use a QDC. My TRN T2 cable (with QDC ending) fit them perfectly.

(I felt the need to test because I once thought the TFZ T2G use QDC - turns out they don't.)
Yea, unfortunately, that‘s a 4th type of socket that is becoming increasingly common. It’s usually called a “TFZ or NX7” connection. It doesn’t stick out as much as a qdc socket, and is squared off in the corners. The nice thing about it is that standard 2pin plugs fit it better and look better on it than on qdc sockets. I’m not sure about the polarity compared to standard 2 pin sockets.

Feb 28, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #1,060 of 1,292
Hi! I did some modifications to my nm2+. I have removed the mesh, under that was some foil, which i remooved too. I putted in a piece of sponge, back the mesh without the foil. So, sub bass has definetly improved, and less harsh mids. Now it is perfect for me. Just a little bit more buumy sub bass, which i have mist. Ps. : it is not so easy to remoove the mesh, and the foil is sticked, so it is Hard to remoove that too without to damage it.
So I have moded NA2 to achieve more sparkle and air. Original dumpening filters went away from nozzles - a little strength is needed.
I choosed spare filters for Moondrop Starfield as a new ones and placed them onto the same spot. Their size is same and have enough glue on the bottom.
20210227_145530.jpg
20210227_145451.jpg

You can buy those filters together with awesome tweezers here:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000898373412.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.4.5e3959a5EcHFL9

Sound is TOTL U-Shape now. Closer to the Starfield but with much better technicalities. I'm happy with this MOD even after a few days and almost whole playlist.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2021 at 12:10 PM Post #1,061 of 1,292
So I have moded NA2 to achieve more sparkle and air. Original dumpening filters went away from nozzles - a little strength is needed.
I choosed spare filters for Moondrop Starfield as a new ones and placed them onto the same spot. Their size is same and have enough glue on the bottom.
20210227_145530.jpg20210227_145451.jpg
You can buy those filters together with awesome tweezers here:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000898373412.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.4.5e3959a5EcHFL9

Sound is TOTL U-Shape now. Closer to the Starfield but with much better technicalities. I'm happy with this MOD even after a few days and almost whole playlist.
It's true ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210301-180932.png
    Screenshot_20210301-180932.png
    171.1 KB · Views: 0
Mar 1, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #1,062 of 1,292
It's true ?
That review is for the Blessing 2 variant. The B2 doesn't have a recessed space for the filter, it's just slapped on the external surface.

If you look at Blessing 2 images on the internet, or at the pictures when people sell them used, they often no longer have the filter attached. It's known to be finicky.

It's more the iems fault than the filters'.

Mar 1, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #1,063 of 1,292
It's true ?
A bit fragile but ok. More patience is needed. These filters are natural sounding, waiting for more to try them on Tin P1 or re-400.

People ask me what this MOD sounds like...
... Yes this mod changed the sound a lot. Timbre isn't colder anymore, rather warmer, like Starfield. Bass has more rumble, mids are warmer and more transparent. Trebles have changed also its more vivid with more air and sparkle, but still under control. No sibilance. NA2 drivers have great technicalities, which unleash with these filters.
I can recomend it unless you're afraid of pronounced treble. But still less pronounced then Starfield's treble.
Btw, NA2 without filters has much better technicalities than opened Starfield. But there is an unwanted frequencies on Sss without dumpening on both.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2021 at 8:16 AM Post #1,064 of 1,292
I agree. If they could keep the general tuning of the NA2, but increase the resolution and speed a little, and especially increase soundstage and improve imaging, it would be amazing, and better tolerated by everyone. I would like it with a black aluminum shell.

They heard you!

NA2+ announced.

6cfbd8c1gy1go4i3eq90kj22d21sqhdv.jpg

Probably by the end of this month according to the CEO:
chrome_PeauBs4i8i.png

Also, their CEO posted an interesting article about the NA x NM difference.
Some friends did not understand the difference between our NM and NA series, so I will give you a brief introduction here.

[NA] series is a music appreciation series, which emphasizes the durability of sound and its wide applicability to music, including timbre and taste. Listening to music is enjoyable, relaxed, and nice. It is more important to be immersed in music.

The [NM] series is a monitoring series that emphasizes the accuracy of sound, high quality, high resolution, and strong dynamics. It can present all the elements in music, more straightforward, and better capable of "picking mistakes and reference."

In other words, it’s easy to understand. Headphones are passive sounding originals driven by music files + front-end. We can think that the sound output from the front-end is the driver and the road, and the headset is the car. The driver inputs commands and gives feedback.

NA The series is more biased towards family cars, the suspension is not so hard, the power is not so strong, the response is not so fast, but the tolerance is high, and it is more comfortable. The requirements for various roads and drivers are not so high, and it can be very Good, very comfortable to achieve the need for "mobile". The

NM series is more inclined to racing, with high power, fast response, hard suspension, and can faithfully restore all the information on the road, but it has high requirements for the driver itself and is an excellent driver. Able to make extremely fast laps, but if the conditions are not met, the probability of losing control is greater.

From the limit, the limit of the racing car must be higher than the family car, but from the daily use, there are many family cars The racing car will be more comfortable at that time.

So we clearly divided our products into 2 product lines, one music line and one professional line. Choose according to our positioning, and it’s OK.

Of course, if you want Friends who pursue authenticity, restoration, and precision are understandable to choose the NM series. After all, this is not a dangerous road, but to choose your own suitable earphones, just as you like.
Automatically translated from google, so expect some odd terms.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back