Newspaper front page news ~ Are headphones escape from reality or death trap?
Nov 10, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #61 of 67

Quote:
Yep and it's the perfect way to kill them too (is that a bad thing? :)) ~ 4-5 months of that and the diaphragm starts emitting crackled
bass, happened to me on 4 sets of i-buds. Then I gave up on those things.

what bass?

Nov 11, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #63 of 67
"Death trap" may be a bit of an exaggeration but it just so happens that also in the town where I grew up there was a high school student killed by a car just a few weeks ago, she was also wearing headphones when she was hit.  It probably wasn't the only cause but certainly probably didn't help.

I rarely/never use my Etys when I am walking or biking outside, etc. I use open phones so I can still hear what's going on around me.

Nov 22, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #66 of 67
God.. I hate articles like this where the "journalist" does five minutes of research and invents a problem (headphones can get you killed by a train!) Sorry to hear the girl is dead, but headphone/train interface is not a big public health issue, and there is no need for the writer to bring attention to a tragic accident in an article about headphones.

Nov 22, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #67 of 67

Quote:
God.. I hate articles like this where the "journalist" does five minutes of research and invents a problem (headphones can get you killed by a train!) Sorry to hear the girl is dead, but headphone/train interface is not a big public health issue, and there is no need for the writer to bring attention to a tragic accident in an article about headphones.

Lol dude thats not even the crux of the article.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back