Newspaper front page news ~ Are headphones escape from reality or death trap?
Nov 10, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #16 of 67
Do it, then maybe the author will publish another article about true high end headphones, we'll have a lot more Australians coming to Head-Fi and eventually it'll lead to audiophile world domination 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 10, 2011 at 2:55 AM Post #18 of 67
I've created a monster...

Nov 10, 2011 at 3:00 AM Post #19 of 67

Quote:
Things in australia are jacked sky high. This is due to their high minimum wage.

That's true, Australians complain too much, considering they make $13 per hour working at a Cafe (or anywhere between $9 and $20).

Nov 10, 2011 at 3:08 AM Post #20 of 67

Quote:
Do it, then maybe the author will publish another article about true high end headphones, we'll have a lot more Australians coming to Head-Fi and eventually it'll lead to audiophile world domination 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Now she's going to write that we are a dangerous political group with delusions of grandeur and an urge for world domination!
atsmile.gif

Nov 10, 2011 at 3:11 AM Post #21 of 67
I have to say the Head-Fi community is the most impressive compared to other forums. We come from all over the world with different occupations yet we share the same interest. + fanboys in the minority. What's better than that?

Nov 10, 2011 at 3:13 AM Post #22 of 67
My favorite part was reading all the posts after the write-up. The first one about how upset the person was to have to touch people in order for them to move out of their way. All the headphone hate is a nice contrast to Head-Fi. 

Nov 10, 2011 at 3:24 AM Post #24 of 67

It seems like Sony EX600 wasn't mentioned in the article, I guess I haven't been on public transport enough.

In the comments section one person wrote she almost walked into a tram with earphone, that is true, the trams around where I live are quite lethal.

Nov 10, 2011 at 3:35 AM Post #25 of 67

The government needs to protect people from failing to look both ways when they cross the road. They should pass a law to make wearing headphones while crossing the road illegal, similar to mandatory helmets while riding a bike. In fact headphones should be illegal when you are outside your house. And we should have to wear helmets all the time.

Hmm. 

Every day you get on the train and somebody has their headphones blaring so loudly the whole carriage can hear them. Yet for some reason very few sitting nearby ask them nicely to turn down the volume - most would if they knew they were being so antisocial. Why do commuters put up with it? It drives most nuts having to sit within six rows of them.

Nope.

I am so tempted to snip everyones crap earphones because they do not fit and they subject everyone to their music. And they are too rude to turn it down because they are complete social misfits - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH - Get them to fit you idiots.

What does fit have anything to do with leakage? 
frown.gif

Nov 10, 2011 at 3:38 AM Post #26 of 67
Call me crazy, but I have been roller-blading with a Panasonic Mega-Bass Tape player around city streets and around cars for 20 years and have finally gone modern with an I-pod. It seems like they are not really a threat.

Why be on tram tracks anyway? I could see how if on a bike they could be wrong, still most loud stuff you can still hear with the volume low.

Nov 10, 2011 at 3:40 AM Post #27 of 67

Quote:

In the comments section one person wrote she almost walked into a tram with earphone, that is true, the trams around where I live are quite lethal.

Confirmed for truth.  I also learned from the article that going out of your way to walk in front of a moving train may be considerably poor for your health.

From an article about the actual Teresa Ho train incident:

"Boom gates blocked pedestrians from crossing the line at the time, but the girl walked through an emergency exit gate to reach the tracks while a train heading away from Melbourne waited at the nearby platform."

Nov 10, 2011 at 4:03 AM Post #28 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Confirmed for truth.  I also learned from the article that going out of your way to walk in front of a moving train may be considerably poor for your health.

From an article about the actual Teresa Ho train incident:

"Boom gates blocked pedestrians from crossing the line at the time, but the girl walked through an emergency exit gate to reach the tracks while a train heading away from Melbourne waited at the nearby platform."

The boom gates are annoying, walking through the emergency gate is quite normal, especially for teenagers.

My question is: "Why did father Santa Claus give Teresa noise-cancelling for christmas?"

Nov 10, 2011 at 4:17 AM Post #30 of 67
So many australian head-fiers. It makes me think australia is overrun with audiophiles. Yet at the same time i wouldn't mid hearing you guys talk in real life. Australians have wicked accents. And if australia wasn't so expensive i would move there no questions asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back