[NEWS / DISCUSSION / IMPRESSION] Phonak Audéo PFE232
Dec 7, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #301 of 1,082
Not sure if it has been mentioned already, but here's a PFE232 review worth checking out. 
smile.gif

Dec 7, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #302 of 1,082
Its pretty much the only detailed review I've been able to find of the 232's. Almost everyone who've tried them have had good things to say, so I'm surprised there aren't more reviews available.

Dec 7, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #303 of 1,082

Quote:
Not sure if it has been mentioned already, but here's a PFE232 review worth checking out. 
smile.gif

The more I read, the more I want. But I'm still split between these, the CK100 Pro and the K3003. [crazymode on] I'm thinking of getting them both. [crazymode off]

Dec 8, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #305 of 1,082

Quote:
ph34r.gif
Mate, why don't you buy yourself a pair of top-end custom IEMs instead?

Good question. I still want to try a last universal before going to custom route, and I'm still thinking that the K3003 have something different, at least for both price and drivers configuration they should be different sounding. But their price are still a lot for my wallet, so I need to think if is worth to take that risk.

I will go to customs if even after these IEMs I find something lacking. The only thing I search for now is the most resolving IEMs.

Dec 8, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #309 of 1,082

X2... I would have to agree with you.... You might as well step into a custom. Even the expensive EX1000 has come down significantly in price.
Quote:
With all of the very good low cost IEM's out there.......who the heck is going to spend $599 for these.....maybe half that......but then just maybe!

Dec 8, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #312 of 1,082

Quote:
Sorry that I'm so lazy, I2ehan. :) I'm finishing my Clip Zip review, and the 232 are next in line.

You're forgiven... Are they good for trance, yay or nay?

Dec 8, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #313 of 1,082
No, no, my dear friend. I didn't mean it that way. 
tongue.gif
 Besides, I'm probably not the best candidate to speak to in terms of being lazy, take my word for it. 
wink.gif
 Better ready than rushed, I always say. I was simply hoping to hear an update, and in turn, thank you for the update. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 8, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #314 of 1,082

Quote:
You're forgiven... Are they good for trance, yay or nay?

Judging by your signature, they might not be the right phones for you... they have a decent full-bodied sound character (especially compared to the PFE 112), but they are not bass heavy to speak of.

Besides Chinese opera, trance might be the only music genre I don't listen to... so I dunno. I do like them however with the electronic stuff I listen to (Alva Noto, Pan Sonic, etc) - with a little help from the ZO, that is.

Dec 8, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #315 of 1,082
Hmm, of the ones you've heard, which in-ear(s) would you say is/are most similar to the PFE232's low end, in terms of depth, texture, body, impact, etc.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back