NEWS: Beats in a lawsuit with Yamaha
Mar 17, 2013 at 4:43 AM Post #363 of 493
Mr obious...
HP by Dr. who.. should look the same as HPs by Dr Dre, don't you think? 
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #364 of 493
The cat is finally out of the bag. Now we know who has been [and hiding] the head of the 'Beats' headphones design studio. We introduce to you --- LeBron James, the 'Beats' designer.

Beats By Dre PowerBeats In-Ear Headphones

$114 for a Pair of Official Beats By Dre PowerBeats In-Ear Headphones Designed by NBA Superstar LeBron James ($164 Value)

32397_web_landscape_450x338_0.jpg

Some snippets of the sales pitch - 
  1. Crisp and impressive sonic clarity helps you get the most out of your music.
  2. The incredible result of brainstorming between music mogul Dr. Dre and King James himself!
  3. The latest and greatest earbuds from one of the world’s most famous headphones manufacturers.

Is Michelle Obama on the 'Beats' design team as well ?

Mar 17, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #367 of 493
Quote:
The cat is finally out of the bag. Now we know who has been [and hiding] the head of the 'Beats' headphones design studio. We introduce to you --- LeBron James, the 'Beats' designer.

Beats By Dre PowerBeats In-Ear Headphones

$114 for a Pair of Official Beats By Dre PowerBeats In-Ear Headphones Designed by NBA Superstar LeBron James ($164 Value)

Some snippets of the sales pitch - 
  1. Crisp and impressive sonic clarity helps you get the most out of your music.
  2. The incredible result of brainstorming between music mogul Dr. Dre and King James himself!
  3. The latest and greatest earbuds from one of the world’s most famous headphones manufacturers.

Is Michelle Obama on the 'Beats' design team as well ?

I paid considerably less than the 164 bucks for those. Thumbnail review Incredible result?? Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in that "Design" session. Great earclip if they'd coated it with something soft, fits well, the only earhook thus far that I can stand. Incredibly (there's that word again) these are not bass sledgehammers pounding the anvils of  your ear. Obviously LeBron was not a fan of the beats signature sound. Build quality is really poor, cabling in specific is dismally put together.  For the 35 - 50 dollar price bracket these would be a deal.

Now can I squeeze a pair of monoprice drivers in there somehow:)

Mar 18, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #373 of 493
Quote:
Really, really, really good. I hope more people get to listen to them and disregard the looks.

I have to scratch my head at that one. I can see the Yamaha entry level phones in that series being styled that way. Styling the 500 (a 400 dollar product) in that manner just makes me want to pass it by. A beats buyer won't give it a second look and most audiophiles don't want to be seen wearing a beats type phone. I wonder what the market share thinking was.

Mar 18, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #374 of 493
Well after hearing many headphones in and around the price range, these sound like they could be priced higher - better than any headphone I have owned yet in terms of detail, timbre accuracy, imaging and overall resolution. I am one of those people that is not a fan of the looks - I prefer a low-key head-conforming look. But the sound is too good to my ears. Again, I think if anyone overlooks these quickly solely based on looks, IMHO it's just as bad as an everyday misinformed consumer passing by a pair of DT 1350s, Momentum, HD25, SRH-840, etc. because they don't have a b on the side.

Just my 2 cents.

Mar 18, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #375 of 493
Quote:
Well after hearing many headphones in and around the price range, these sound like they could be priced higher - better than any headphone I have owned yet in terms of detail, timbre accuracy, imaging and overall resolution. I am one of those people that is not a fan of the looks - I prefer a low-key head-conforming look. But the sound is too good to my ears. Again, I think if anyone overlooks these quickly solely based on looks, IMHO it's just as bad as an everyday misinformed consumer passing by a pair of DT 1350s, Momentum, HD25, SRH-840, etc. because they don't have a b on the side.

Just my 2 cents.

Thats rather my point. It is a shame that these will be overlooked because of their resemblance to beats, and that is what makes me question Yamaha's strategy here. Maybe they need to offer a 500 pro "classic" model with a metal headband:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back