1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

NEWS: Beats in a lawsuit with Yamaha

Discussion in 'Head-Fi Network & Industry News' started by joe, Feb 14, 2013.
First

Back
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Next

Last
  1. airo
    A headband, 2 circular earcups, and a "b" on either side...

what is there to sue?

2. Owenpri
    images.jpg
    StudioBlackFront__V400980722_.jpg From this angle, they look pretty similar, don't they?

3. SmOgER
    Mr obious...
    HP by Dr. who.. should look the same as HPs by Dr Dre, don't you think? [​IMG]

4. zorin
    The cat is finally out of the bag. Now we know who has been [and hiding] the head of the 'Beats' headphones design studio. We introduce to you --- LeBron James, the 'Beats' designer.

Beats By Dre PowerBeats In-Ear Headphones

$114 for a Pair of Official Beats By Dre PowerBeats In-Ear Headphones Designed by NBA Superstar LeBron James ($164 Value)

[​IMG]

Some snippets of the sales pitch - 
    1. Crisp and impressive sonic clarity helps you get the most out of your music.
    2. The incredible result of brainstorming between music mogul Dr. Dre and King James himself!
    3. The latest and greatest earbuds from one of the world’s most famous headphones manufacturers.

Is Michelle Obama on the 'Beats' design team as well ?

5. Steve Eddy
    Yeah, if you thought LeBron James was impressive with a basketball, you should see what he can do with SolidWorks. [​IMG]

se

6. Owenpri
    [​IMG]

peaceful1 likes this.
  7. Hutnicks
    Quote:
    I paid considerably less than the 164 bucks for those. Thumbnail review Incredible result?? Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in that "Design" session. Great earclip if they'd coated it with something soft, fits well, the only earhook thus far that I can stand. Incredibly (there's that word again) these are not bass sledgehammers pounding the anvils of  your ear. Obviously LeBron was not a fan of the beats signature sound. Build quality is really poor, cabling in specific is dismally put together.  For the 35 - 50 dollar price bracket these would be a deal.

Now can I squeeze a pair of monoprice drivers in there somehow:)

8. zorin
    Quote:
    Somebody should tell him that we need the cure for cancer.

9. Steve Eddy
    Quote:

HA!

se

10. Detex
    yeah, there are so many out there that are WAY more of a copy then that! guess this is because Yamaha is big enough to matter

11. koikoi
    I know Yamaha produces headphones now. Well done Beats.

12. roma101

Really, really, really good. I hope more people get to listen to them and disregard the looks.

13. Hutnicks
    Quote:

I have to scratch my head at that one. I can see the Yamaha entry level phones in that series being styled that way. Styling the 500 (a 400 dollar product) in that manner just makes me want to pass it by. A beats buyer won't give it a second look and most audiophiles don't want to be seen wearing a beats type phone. I wonder what the market share thinking was.

14. roma101
    Well after hearing many headphones in and around the price range, these sound like they could be priced higher - better than any headphone I have owned yet in terms of detail, timbre accuracy, imaging and overall resolution. I am one of those people that is not a fan of the looks - I prefer a low-key head-conforming look. But the sound is too good to my ears. Again, I think if anyone overlooks these quickly solely based on looks, IMHO it's just as bad as an everyday misinformed consumer passing by a pair of DT 1350s, Momentum, HD25, SRH-840, etc. because they don't have a b on the side.

Just my 2 cents.

15. Hutnicks
    Quote:

Thats rather my point. It is a shame that these will be overlooked because of their resemblance to beats, and that is what makes me question Yamaha's strategy here. Maybe they need to offer a 500 pro "classic" model with a metal headband:)

First

Back
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Next

Last