1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

NEWS: Beats in a lawsuit with Yamaha

Discussion in 'Head-Fi Network & Industry News' started by joe, Feb 14, 2013.
First

Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Next

Last
  1. JuanseAmador

2. jude Administrator
    Quote:

I agree, I would've thought the same thing. I also use that field when I'm trying to verify music and movie reissue dates.

3. King of Pangaea
    They look like headphones, both of them.  What can any reasonable person expect them to look like?  Form follows function, and so any reasonable design is pretty much going to follow that rule and wind up looking, in general, the same.  Outlandish design approaches merely to catch the eye or the sales dollar of the unconventional buyer aside, a pair of headphones is going to look like a pair of headphones.  They have the Yamaha logo on them, not the Beats logo.  I don't think anyone is going to be confused.

I didn't think much of the Beats phones when I heard them once, muddy mushy over EQ'd bass, and now this?  Not only do I fail to see any reasonable argument in Beat's favor, I think they deserve to be thrown out of court on the general grounds of wasting the court's time.  If I was an Judge I would rule for a demurrer.

4. Mraudio777
    yep,that looks very similar to the pros,yamaha! btw yamaha,your headphones suck [​IMG]

5. Contrails
    Someone should sue Beats for failing to produce the sound as the artist wanted...

ForShure and endallchaos like this.
  6. streetdragon
    Quote:
    LOL[​IMG] that would be interesting though

7. Hutnicks
    Have to wonder at the timing here. Dre sells off a large portion of his holdings in Beats and they do not renew their relationship with Monster. I have to wonder if this is some kind of pr nonsense to show Beats can in fact exist without Monster.

BTW Beats, the only headphone that sounds better as a Chinese knock off.

8. lazyredhead
    i don't really care about Beats or Yamaha. So from a neutral standpoint, beats are clearly in the right here. Yamaha might as well buy the Beats and slap their own logo on it.

9. Maxx134
    The trademark is the logo.
    All headphones will have similarities.
    Yamaha has a much more different logo imprinted.
    There is no confusion on difference.
    Thats like saying GE can sue Philips because their 60watt light bulb has same shape.
    :p
    Too bad for beats.
    Their "b" symbol will be their downfall in this.

LizardKing1 likes this.
  10. Maxx134
    Wow this is a great post:

anuraj250 likes this.
  11. catspaw
    Of course its free publicity, however, its bad publicity, since it does not show your product as a good one, but rather atack another.
    This is the same reason why politicians atack each other, becouse they can say nothing good about themsleves.
    Its true that for now, this strategy seems to work, but its getting less and less effective.
    Especially with people like the ones in this comunity. People who can educate others into not buying beats or yamaha, but hifiman and sennhesier.

Its a stupid move by yamaha, as simple as that.

12. Mshenay
    that was a good post, and yea... that makes the most sense. Pubcility on both sides.

13. King of Pangaea
    Yes, in response to the lawyer from NYC, all the Head-Fiers can march up to the courthouse and besiege the place as expert witnesses.  That would be a lot of fun.

14. Mshenay
    Quote:
    omg a Head-Fi walking Protest... that would b cool... we could just sit on the courthouse steps with our portable rigs... have a good ole sit in or a SPUR OF THE MOMENT. Head Fi meet right out side lawl

15. v10gta
    Beats has a point. They look very simaler. 

First

Back
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Next

Last